Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

• 15-06-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Well just got my results and pretty happy, but I got 57 and I'm wondering if its done on the average of your results or some other way. I've asked others in the class and their results and average seem to be the same, however my average result is 62.

I've rang the college and they just said the average is not your final result. which seems a bit odd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Why would your average be your final mark? It's basically your average over every subject or through the exams you have done for a subject.

Say for example you do a practical for a subject and its worth 10%.

If you get 80% in that test then you add 8% to your final mark. Simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

got 67.8%! Im happy :D Its a highercert though so do i have that down as a 2.1 or what, for CV's? :s

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyhans

Be glad you got your exams and stop giving out. The vec and bank have been screwing me around all year and im still waiting in my grant to pay my fees so they held onto my results. i dont have mammy and daddy paying my fees so be gratefull and well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

nah, you have the state to pay your fee's :D im sure ya did awesome though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

tommyhans wrote: »
    Be glad you got your exams and stop giving out. The vec and bank have been screwing me around all year and im still waiting in my grant to pay my fees so they held onto my results. i dont have mammy and daddy paying my fees so be gratefull and well done.

Some people don't have mammy and daddy or a grant to pay their fees. So just be glad you are going to get a grant to cover your fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

tommyhans wrote: »

Mr.Pot, meet Ms.Kettle

Advertisement