Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Dundalk - No experience required?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen any advertisements for any jobs where no experience is required? I'm a student and have been searching for a job for over a year now. I've sent my CV in everywhere and while there are jobs that I could be good at, it's always the lack of experience that holds me back. How can I get experience if everyone is looking for it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

To be honest, you're going to have to use your family/friend connections to get your foot on the ladder. I'm also actively looking for a job but despite having some experience, it's turning out to be a fruitless task. The shear number of more mature and experienced applications for every position is squeezing students out of the market at the moment. I've even offered to work for free and have been rejected!

Just out of curiosity, what area are you looking to get a job in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Absolutely anything that I can really, I've applied to every restaurant bar shop and supermarket, have had 2 interviews in 12 months. If there's any line I haven't exhausted let me know! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

That's 2 more interviews than I've had! The only other thing I can think of is to do online searches. Try Fás joobseeker or one of the recruitment agencies like Grafton (Think they have, or had, an office on Clanbrassil Street).

http://jobseeker.fas.ie/

http://www.graftonrecruitment.com/

For me anyway, the other job sites are pretty useless.

Advertisement