Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results letter before results date

Options
  • 15-06-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

hey,

Just wondering if UL are doing the same thing as last year by sending out a letter to say you failed a module, before the date they release the results.

I remember they sent them out like 4 or 5 days before the results went online so around now to Friday there would be a letter.

Just wondering cause Im worried about one or two and I'm not a home at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Say to whoever is at home not to open your letters. Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NFL

I cant dish out orders when my parents are paying for my education, its not the opening I'm worried about I would just like to know

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Ok fair enough. Perhaps student service or the education officer in the SU will know.

Don't worry about what has already happened, it only causes unnecessary stress on your wellbeing. The past can't be changed.

best of luck tho

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

YFLYER is right. Don't be worrying about them at this stage, just enjoy the summer. I hope don't get any letters, but i'm strangely calm about it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

They are normally sent out to arrive on Friday so you dont see it as a shock on the Monday. However, I know of a few situations where fail letters have arrived for people on the Monday. Its a regrettable situation and not one I'd wish on anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

What does the letter say exactly? Does it just say what you've failed or will you get your entire transcript?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LAC

That happened to me last year getting the letter on Monday, its some downer thinking your in clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

I hope to god they dont arrive tomorrow or something !!

Heading in to UL tomorrow to use the arena and library, just hope when i come home there isn't a nasty surprise waiting for me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

I'm expecting a failure letter tomorrow so as soon as I receive it i'll post it up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I'm expecting a failure letter tomorrow so as soon as I receive it i'll post it up here.

Ill be getting one myself from xmas exams anyways so I'll know tomorrow anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

yesno1234 wrote: »
    What does the letter say exactly? Does it just say what you've failed or will you get your entire transcript?

Your entire transcript

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

No Post today for me :) at least I can enjoy the wedding today without panicking. On Monday, what will be will be !!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

hmmm no letter- even tho i knew i was getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

damn, theres me thinking i was in the clear...maybe not :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

If people from nearby villages got letters and I didnt is it most likely that i didnt fail anything

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

one of my friends got the letter ... we might be in the clear yet lads !!

I hope you're right kenny. Just have a horrible it'll arrive on omnday. I'll blame North Tipperary postal service :P.

Did anyone get the letter from north tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

If you failed any module, or the year, then you will have got the letter in the mail today. If you didn't, that means you passed the year. You can check your results online on Monday.

• Advertisement

Well last year I got the letter on the Monday so I wondering if North Tipp Postal service made the same mess up like last year

I'd live near enough to the limerick border and i know about three lads from Murroe who got letters, nobody yet from my area of North Tipp has got any yet or else we were all so awesome we passed them all :P. I hope the results would be available sunday night like they were last semester, at least all the suspense will be over then. Geography will be interesting, we had one essay to write for the semester that made up our grades, i just hope the lecturer realieses i was there most of the time :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The results are at midnight on Monday morning so you'll see them before you could possibly get a letter.

Thanks, will be an anxious wait for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭seanman is me

LAC wrote: »
    Did anyone get the letter from north tipp

Yip i know of someone who did! but still ya never know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

RyanK wrote: »
    If you failed any module, or the year, then you will have got the letter in the mail today. If you didn't, that means you passed the year. You can check your results online on Monday.

not exactly true. dont be getting peoples hopes up. some people might not get the letter to monday. my post is normally behind because people keep forgetting to put via clonmel on my address and it goes to waterford instead so it jumps around the country for a day or too longer.
    same thing happens to other people and their post is just a day or two behind anyway depending on where they are living

Yeah not getting up my hopes just yet, won't be confident until i see the results myself, would be so happy if i didn't a letter.

Advertisement