Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin lorries clogging up the city centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

if you read my wee rant it mentions the fact that they dont use the availible parking and let the traffic flow,they pull up in the street and get out of the trucks and go for a walk....

why not park beside the kerb and let traffic flow???

if your gonna criticise me at least read what i wrote.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Parking takes time, they've plenty to do besides wasting time parking for 30 seconds and then moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Parking a truck will take up a lot more time and will need a fairly big parking space as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

wow, such an understanding bunch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't understand why you don't complain to the Garda?

Today, near the post office on Lower Salthill there were cars parked on double yellow lines and junctions on one side and on the footpath on the other. Now none of these cars fell from the sky into such an illegal arrangement. The An Post van had to stop at the post office to collect the post and blocked a lane, traffic backed up quite a bit including a garda car and the famous CSI hiace. Traffic on the other lane could'nt pass properly because the road was narrowed by deliberately abandoned vehicles and static traffic.
    What happened?
    Nothing.
    5 minutes later, traffic flowed again.

If motorists parked responsibly, the bin trucks could move along and you'd be able to overtake them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

barone wrote: »
    wow, such an understanding bunch.

Says the man who's not understanding of binmen doing their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

why not park beside the kerb and let traffic flow???

I work in the same capacity for GCC so City Bin would be our opposition but I understand why the lads don't pull in......because inconsiderate people like YOU wouldn't let them cross the road with the bins/bags and wouldn't let the truck out again when they went to move on a few yards!!!

Why don't you (as someone suggested earlier in the thread) get your butt outta bed 10/15mins EARLIER or change your route and THEN you wouldn't have the "problem":rolleyes:

Why don't you tell us what you do for a living???

Advertisement