Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitcoin shills

Options
  • 15-06-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭

Seems like there are a number of fairly new accounts all being quite vocal about how great bitcoin is. For example:
    Golobulus wrote: »
    Now with the difficulty being 30% higher again we are going to see the price of Bitcoin go back up. I say it will be back at 30$ within a week.

I'd appreciate if the mods could keep an eye out for this kind of thing. The nature of bitcoin is that people who got in early have a vested interest in "spreading the word" since bitcoins that early adopters got for free are now (temporarily) selling for tens or hundreds of Euro.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I often think the same thing when I see reports in financial media about gold as a crisis haven. It is a crisis haven, but only because the popular view that is a crisis haven is a positive feedback phenomenon. I think it is a similar case with bitcoin.

But bitcoin is genuinely an interesting idea that is getting a lot of attention in the mainstream and financial media.

It's probably quite difficult to draw a line between what may be a genuine curiosity and what may otherwise be an attempt to get the word out there about bitcoin. But you could say the same about gold or silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Report any post you see shilling, us AH mods are happy to ban them

One way to keep track of them
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=bitcoin+site%3Aboards.ie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Fremen wrote: »
    Seems like there are a number of fairly new accounts all being quite vocal about how great bitcoin is.

If you suspect that someone has registered to Boards just to pimp their wares. Report them, they will be site banned.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Shilling coins seems oddly appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Whats a bitcoin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Advertisement