Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Dentist Recommendation?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dental forum doesn't allow open posting of names so all suggestions are done by PM, hence the no posts in those threads.

I have suggested a dentist in this old thread. She will let you wear headphones and is great with patients that have "dento-phobia" (might be a word).

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

McGovern on Francis street is good (Great with kids too)

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hi,
    I am terrified of the dentist and hate going! Luckily Asta Redding was recommended to me and now I can survive the trip with only a low level of panic!
    She is absolutely lovely and very understanding of people’s fear of the dentist.
    I would definitely recommend her to everyone…
    http://www.galwaydentist.com/home/?topic=home

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Peter Gannon in knocknacarra, cappagh road, is lovely and very good.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got a lot of work done at once some years ago in Smiles on middle street. I smoked for years so would always brace myself for the usual lecture, and the state of my teeth from the fags always made me more ashamed to go into a dentist. I also had a bit of a phobia due to a bad experience with a terrible dentist as a teen.

I got a wisdom tooth out and several fillings done there, and the dentist couldnt have been nicer. I was made to feel like I was in control at every stage, any time I could lift my hand to stop him, or to gesture that I needed more numbing (when getting the Wisdom tooth out) I watched telly the whole time and it was grand.

I would have no hesitation or fear of going in again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭micko123

Hi, I have recommended this dentist to as many as I could since going to her. She is excellent, dr eilish o' hagan.

www.galwaydental.com/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

BIG recommendation for Alastair Woods in Eyre square dental.

http://www.eyresquaredental.ie/

Was incredibly considerate, good prices considering the quality (spent a grand on cheap dentistry on a tooth that ultimately got an absess and had to be removed - if a price is way too good to be true that's because the quality is sub-par - learnt from bitter experience).

Was very phobic about dentists before visiting here, almost panic-attacky.

Can't really recommend enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭techyjon

Dennis Cunningham, Eglinton street. He has good manner about him and is good at what he does. The receptionist is very nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Jason McEvaddy, a real gentleman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cealabeala

My filling fell out :( does anyone know of a cheap dentist in walking distance of the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jasonh

hiya

happy new year to everyone

does anyone know of a good orthodontist in town?

thanks a mill

J

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

Frank Cuddy, at o'briens bridge in town, next to Kellys bar. I can't recommend him high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭squonk

My recommendation is with Allistair in Eyre Square Dental too. I had a nerve acting up just before Christmas and went along to another dentist who charged me €60 without even finding the tooth that was causing the problem. I went along to ESD a few days later and the standard of care was so much higher, and he pinpointed the actual tooth, did a root canal and got me sorted out without any great hassle. He came across as a nice guy and a great dentist. All the equipment was bang up to date and he explained everything that was going on and the root canal was painless. Price-wise too they were very competitive. I was surprised. I'll be going again (though obviously I don't want to see them for a while yet :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eveya

softmee wrote: »
    Dont. You sit there scared with your open mounth waiting for torture in front of all the people in waiting room. :pac: (they have 4 chairs in open area -which is on the way to toilet). Also one of the doc. there was going to take out my wisdom tooth while it was swollen all around -I had to tell him he should give me antibiotic first!

I feel weak just reading that! I never feared the dentist until I started having nightmares about my teeth falling out. My dentist talks to me quietly and calmly, it makes me feel like a mental patient but it actually puts me at ease, but he's in Kerry so no use to anyone here. The only guy here in Galway I've used was in Francis Street, funny guy, can't think of his name now but I need a very cuddly dentist to suffer through a cleaning!

Actually could anyone recommend a cuddly orthodontist? I have a lower brace fitted that I haven't gotten checked in about 5 years as my previous orthodontist retired, due to my fear of teeth I'm TERRIFIED of getting the brace out! And yes I know I'm terrible for not seeing after it, no horror warnings please, I'll get nightmares!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

eveya wrote: »
    Actually could anyone recommend a cuddly orthodontist? I have a lower brace fitted that I haven't gotten checked in about 5 years as my previous orthodontist retired, due to my fear of teeth I'm TERRIFIED of getting the brace out! And yes I know I'm terrible for not seeing after it, no horror warnings please, I'll get nightmares!

oh oh .....a song comes to mind....there may be trouble ahead.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mcmurphy995

Ronan Dunne in renmore is a hell of a dentist and a hell of a guy to boot !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zeitner

best place to start is a visit to Liam McGee on Merchants Road. Man is a genius and is so good you hardly even feel the injection let alone any treatment. Cant recommend the man highly enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement