Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising a holiday home in The Canaries

Options
  • 15-06-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We have a 1 bed holiday apartment in Lanzarote that we rent regularly through daft.ie and ownersdirect. While this is bringing in a nice amount of guests, I would like to be able to push it so that we are fully booked all year round.

Any tips on how I might get the word out more? I had been thinking of approaching some letting agencies here, we also advertise on some shop/supermarket notice boards which does not bring in a huge amount of interest.

Would appreciate any thoughts

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Boskonay

I would have thought ownersdirect would be the perfect location - maybe get on tripadvisor also and solicit reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Boskonay wrote: »
    I would have thought ownersdirect would be the perfect location - maybe get on tripadvisor also and solicit reviews?

good idea, and link trip advisor reviews to the ownersdirect/daft blurb.cheers boskonay

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

hmmmmm....if it were me I would set up a web page with a map, photos, video tour and links to websites where I had it advertised.

A Dates currently available would be a big plus too.....then all you'd have to do is market the web page address where everything is shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

http://www.vrbo.com is another good option.

I also agree with suggestions to do a web site as if someone googles "apartment rental Lanzarote" you will want to give yourself a chance to be found that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

I would second the idea of Tripadvisor. Personally I always check that site before booking any accomodation in Ireland or abroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

check out airbnb.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 harry kelly

Hi All,

We have a 1 bed holiday apartment in Lanzarote that we rent regularly through daft.ie and ownersdirect. While this is bringing in a nice amount of guests, I would like to be able to push it so that we are fully booked all year round.

Any tips on how I might get the word out more? I had been thinking of approaching some letting agencies here, we also advertise on some shop/supermarket notice boards which does not bring in a huge amount of interest.

Would appreciate any thoughts

Cheers
    Hi I have one in tenerife and done a google search as if i was looking for a rental i think thats the best way. daft never got a lookin I used a website WWW.letsholiday.ie and ownersdirect.co.uk I got more bookings from the letsholiday site but more inquiries from owners direct most of my bookings from letsholiday were from Irish people which gave me a little more come back it they damaged the property hope that helps. Harry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 La Flama Blanca

In March this year, when I was Googling a villa to rent in the Canaries, etc, the first match that always came up was Jamesvillas.ie - I guess try them.

If they're the first one Google spits out = more traffic! I tried numerous search variations and they always came up top. I ended up using them too, and the site is nicely laid out, etc. I actually would have never considered looking on Daft for a holiday home rental - maybe other people are the same.

Advertisement