Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

c & c lowkey topless (NSFW)

• 15-06-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

had a go at lowkey nude , think it looks well in bw

_MG_7843bw.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

The glowing white nipple looks well weird to me =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Photo taken from the wrong angle Her nose and nipple in the same plane is so wrong. Her tummy appears unatural around her navel and its because you have shot at the wrong angle. She is a lovely model but you have spoiled her beauty in this shot.

Not really feeling it to be honest.

I don't care for the really harsh shadow/lighting. I think it'd look better with much softer lighting. Also, I think it'd look a lot better if she was either cropped higher or she was completely naked and her waist dropped out of the frame.

The blackness of the background and whatever she's wearing.. I don't like it. Almost looks like she's got no lower body and is holding herself up with her hands (which you can't tell, as the crop has taken both of her hands away).

On the other hand, it's a topless woman, so 10/10.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Nice to see topless here, Pixby John nailed it for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

This is the one area of portraiture I feelcan comment on and unfortunately I do agree with the others. The pose is all wrong and the black trousers should not be there. As someone already said have her wear nothing or crop higher up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

From a ladies POV, that's a very unflattering angle- the lighting should be accentuating the right curves... she's looking a lot bigger in certain areas than I imagine she is. The different coloured nipples are weird too. Although I like the shadows from her hair around her face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You have turned a young woman into a page of glossy medical manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

thanks guys relatively new to this field of photography so all comments taken onboard and hopefully will improve my next attempt :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

As mentioned already, the pose and lighting here are quite awkward and not complimentary to the model.

OR

If you were trying for an unconventional and unsettling look, then you have not gone far enough. Doing work which is different and unorthodox is good but you really have to work out what sort of feeling you are trying to portray and work on it. If that was the aim here it hasn't work and just looks badly executed.

You have a good model there. If she's willing to work with you more then you should soon get some much better results. Take the time to study what others have done and really look at how they have used pose and lighting to work with each other. The challenge of doing nudes is the lack of anything other than light and the human form.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Wow! The hits on that! Only posted yesterday evening and already over 500 viewsto the thread:D.

Fully agree with Pixby. and Cab.

Good model badly handled.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

humberklog wrote: »
    Wow! The hits on that! Only posted yesterday evening and already over 500 viewsto the thread:D.

....and you didn't miss it either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I wish I had some nude models, I could get them for painting no problem but for photographs it's altogether different :-/

Anyway I think the posts above covered it. Diffuse the light, get umbrellas, cover her in a blanket of strobe, dont just burn her out with off camera floodlighting. Get her to go again but you gotta approach this differently next time! Best of luck with it and keep us abreast (see what I did there, sorry mods ;D )

Advertisement