Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to put an extension

• 15-06-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if this belongs here or in planning (please move if Ive put it in the wrong place)

We are going to be adding on an extension in the near future but we keep hitting a problem as to where the extension will go, so if anyone wants to throw out some ideas please do.

From the back of the house to the back of the garden is about 10m, the garden is about 9m wide and we have a manhole with pipes running parallel to the back of the house about 4m from the house and drains in nearly every external corner.

I would be happy enough to just build on the back, lining up the walls, but we have windows there that would need to be blocked up, leading to a bedroom with no natural light (apart from maybe a sun tunnel if we get 1)

Ive attached a basic drawing of the back of the house, nothing special but maybe someone can throw out some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

a few pictures would be better. are u goin to extend kitchen or an extra bed room or both??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Line up which walls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭hairyslug

It would probably be 2 bedrooms or a bedroom and sittingroom, Ill fire up a few photos once the kids are asleep

I would be lining up the wall to the left, just to keep everything inline for planning

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ballysheil

Sorry to give a vague bit of information but I heard somewhere recently that county councils are going to start charging big time for extensions. I understand there is a deadline in early July before this starts. I understand that you need to have your plans in very soon to save thousands. If anyone has more solid information can they educate us?

Advertisement