Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bettystown erosion

Options
  • 15-06-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Is it just me or is the erosion at Bettystown beach getting worse??! I was walking along it there the other day and was shocked at the erosion that is taking place....is the council not going to do anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

From junior cert geography i vaguely remember the use of long boards across beaches at 90 degrees to the shore every 40 metres or so to stop erosion. Sorta looks like it ruins the beach though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Mr_Hat

I was down there this morning and didnt notice anything. Which part of the bech are you refering to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xc220

Really? when walking down the beach towards laytown from the bettystown entrance, you can see alot more undercutting along the wall and fences and those "protection" measures in place just falling apart...its just pathetic at this point i think...

Advertisement