Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick - Who's going?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I thought I'd make this thread to see if many are going to UL in September (hopefully.)

My name is Hollie and I just kinda want to get to know or maybe have a chat with anybody who is going to the college as nobody in my whole school has chosen Limerick..Galway and Dublin seem to be top choices for them. :(

So if you're going to Limerick, what course are you hoping to do and how many points do you need? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Limerick! Oh good god yes Limerick! There's loads of us floating around here :D

All looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yep! Cannot wait! If you're looking for someone to talk to about it drop me a PM, a few of us are friends now and we're gonna meet up at the start of the year :)

I'm hoping to do Education with Materials/Architectural Technology, I need 440 points but I'm feeling like I'll hit the points :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Me, hopefully! Hoping to do Language, Literature and Film. Most of my school seems to be going to Limerick- either that or UCC! I need between 360 and 400 points I think.

You'll be grand... most people make all new friends in university anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

I'm going! Law and Accountancy (hopefully) 460 points!
    I think there is one or two from my year going, but not close friends.
    Super lookin' forward to it :D

Big time BULBs (Boards UL Beers) in September for first years :D

• Advertisement

RHunce wrote: »
    Big time BULBs (Boards UL Beers) in September for first years :D
    What, is that like an official meetup thing? What a great idea! Can't wait to see some of the members!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 paperplane93

Yay I'm going too! Don't know anybody though :confused:

Applied Languages I hope, need about 460. .

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

There's loads of us. :eek: We'll totally have to have a big meet up. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

UL! I'm hoping for computer engineering but with maths paper 1 being a disaster I'll have to take the special maths exam to get into the course.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    What, is that like an official meetup thing? What a great idea! Can't wait to see some of the members!

Yeah it's like a bi-annual thing that they have. I've seen that from a three year lurking period on the UL forum :pac:

Now that the time has finally come for me to go to UL we may as well take over and ensure it happens this September. As far as I know nobody took it upon themselves to organise it this year. I'm sure a few of us can do it this year :D

It would put us all at ease I think. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Oh wow! This is great :D I felt so scared going by myself but now I'm feeling pretty happy :) Is anyone here from Mayo? :D

I'm doing Arts in English and History :) Need around 360. That's my second choice. First is just arts but is about 435 points :/

I'm from Laois :D

Oh wow, not too bad :) Have you ever been to Limerick before because I haven't? :/

Aragneer wrote: »
    Oh wow, not too bad :) Have you ever been to Limerick before because I haven't? :/
    Nope! Hoping to maybe check out the campus sometime over the summer. We could arrange for a few of us to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

I've been down there twice and it's pretty wreckless to say the least.

clonadlad wrote: »
    I've been down there twice and it's pretty wreckless to say the least.
    In a good or bad way :eek:

Yeah, I was thinking of either having a look this summer or just winging it. It'd be cool if we could all meet up before we go to college :D

I didn't know so many of you were going to UL. Should be great with such high numbers of us :D

Hope the LC is going well for you all :)

PM me for regular chat anyway (names etc). It might be easier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Yeah, I was thinking of either having a look this summer or just winging it

Do you plan goin' before or after the offers? 'cause they start in August in UL.

Anyone staying on Campus ? :)

• Advertisement

NotExactly wrote: »
    Do you plan goin' before or after the offers? 'cause they start in August in UL.

They start in August? Wow..I didn't know that. I probably will try going before the offers and results then but if not then we'll see. All I know is I have to be down to get my keys for my accommodation and pay the first half of the fees in late August time :)

I am :D Sent in my deposit in February :)

Kilmurry, will I be seeing you there?

I am :D Sent in my deposit in February :)

I sent mine off aswell yay :) Where did you apply to ? I think I put down Plassey as first preference.
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    Kilmurry, will I be seeing you there?

I think ive Plassey down first. I was kinda torn between Kilmurray and Plassey but I doubt theres much difference between the two :)

I sent mine off aswell yay :) Where did you apply to ? I think I put down Plassey as first preference.

I think I put down Plassey as mine too. If it was the cheapest then it's the one as my first preference :L Did you put mixed or non-smoking or anything? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I'm going! Law and Accountancy (hopefully) 460 points!
    I think there is one or two from my year going, but not close friends.
    Super lookin' forward to it :D

Me too! 2 of my friends are doing it too. Should be class.

A lot of my friends are in UL and they see it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Booked Plassey, was certain I'd get the 440 points for Law PLus but not since that apocalyptic History paper :(

I think I put down Plassey as mine too. If it was the cheapest then it's the one as my first preference :L Did you put mixed or non-smoking or anything? :)

Yeah I think I put mixed for the gender thing and then no preference for the smoking thing. :) ooo I cant wait!! I wonder if i'll end up with a Limerick accent :rolleyes: Im from Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frenchy1992

I am too.. if I get the points which seems highly unlikely as I completely fcuked up history today :(
    But still my 3 first choices are in UL lol
    1 language with concurent teacher education
    2 language litterature anf film
    3 european studies

njd2010 wrote: »
    Booked Plassey, was certain I'd get the 440 points for Law PLus but not since that apocalyptic History paper :(

Yeah I wasn't happy with the paper either :( especially the American section :o
    Hopefully the project will bring us up

• Advertisement

You thought the history paper was bad? I personally loved it :D I am absolutely thrilled with French and History :D

Ah yes, I can't wait either :D I am from Mayo but am originally from North Yorkshire in England so I have my english accent still :L I doubt I'll be able to shake it haha.
    Do you have facebook? If so PM me and I'll give you mine :) I want to stay in contact with you all :D

Advertisement