Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick - Who's going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I went to UL last year and it was honestly the best thing I ever did. Go over to the UL forum if ye have any questions, the guys are so helpful there.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 paperplane93

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm heading down to UL today to check out the campus. If anyone (woodwork people in particular) wants to meet up with me, send me a PM and I'll drop you my number. Should be sometime in the afternoon/evening.

Just wondering how you go on today ? :rolleyes:
    Did you get a tour or anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

I'm hoping to do Woodwork and Graphics teaching. Never actually been to the city centre, or even the college for that matter. Planning on winging it. :o
    If I get in i'm going to stay in Thomond student village.
    Fairly confident I got the points but could have/probably failed maths :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 omik89

Im going to Univeristy of Limerick for Meng in VLSI. Any one here who is taking up the same course??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Completely Lost

Im off to UL!! Doing the English and History :D So happy!! I have Kilmurry first and I was just wondering, does this mean that I'll definately get a place if not in Kilmurry then in plassey (my second)?

And is there anyone doing Eng and Hist?? If so what did you get? Hope i wont find it too hard. . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

biomedical engineering for me!!! got 450 and a c2 in maths so bring it on UL!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Computer systems it is. Thought I failed honours maths bit somehow got a D2. Plassey down as number one. Job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Got 35 points over what I needed for Woodwork and Graphics teaching in UL. Let's hope it doesn't suddenly jump up drastically!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Didn't actually think I'd have a chance of getting enough points for nursing in UL but somehow managed it. I'm 5 points above last year's points so kinda dreading offers night :o But ya, I've plassey booked anyways so that's graaaand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Didn't get enough for the English and History but I heard that the points haven't increased or decreased yet :) If not then I will hopefully get into the Languages, Literature and Film course :D I have Plassey booked ^^

When are you all moving down?

• Advertisement

I got a comfortable amount above. I was loooking into that course but im **** at languages!!! I thought it said check in day was on the 28th of august? Like thats when they hand over the keys so . . . i was gonna go up then!

Fortunately you can major in English Studies, which means I'd be teaching English to foreign people and what not. I also get to learn the literature and what not so other languages don't really have anything to do with it unless you choose them :D

I'm going to move up on the 28th and get my keys for Plassey then stay till orientation (31st) and come home till the 4th :) Think it's a pretty good idea but I'm scared of going alone :(

clonadlad wrote: »
    Computer systems it is. Thought I failed honours maths bit somehow got a D2. Plassey down as number one. Job!
    Didn't actually think I'd have a chance of getting enough points for nursing in UL but somehow managed it. I'm 5 points above last year's points so kinda dreading offers night :o But ya, I've plassey booked anyways so that's graaaand :)
    Aragneer wrote: »
    Didn't get enough for the English and History but I heard that the points haven't increased or decreased yet :) If not then I will hopefully get into the Languages, Literature and Film course :D I have Plassey booked ^^

When are you all moving down?

plassey is going to mad banter with all of us there! haha :D
    Fortunately you can major in English Studies, which means I'd be teaching English to foreign people and what not. I also get to learn the literature and what not so other languages don't really have anything to do with it unless you choose them :D

I'm going to move up on the 28th and get my keys for Plassey then stay till orientation (31st) and come home till the 4th :) Think it's a pretty good idea but I'm scared of going alone :(

when is the first day we can move in? and when does oreientation start?? ive heard nothing about orientation yet? :/

First day we can move in is the 28th which is when I'm moving ^^

Also, orientation for anybody doing anything under the subject of Arts, Humanities and stuff is the 31st :) It's on the ul.ie home page :)

When do we pay the registration fee? :/

I'll probly be there and i know NOBODY going to limerick. We can e alone together!!:D

I'll probly be there and i know NOBODY going to limerick. We can e alone together!!:D

That sounds perfect ! Do you have facebook? :D Think it'd be a good idea to keep in contact with the lonely people :L

First day we can move in is the 28th which is when I'm moving ^^

Also, orientation for anybody doing anything under the subject of Arts, Humanities and stuff is the 31st :) It's on the ul.ie home page :)

When do we pay the registration fee? :/
    and we stay there from then on then ya? :) haha thanks btw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

So basically orientation week is like in a week and a bit.... Wow, so close :P

As soon as you have your key you're free to move in whenever :D It's so exciting ^^

I just want to move in now :D

im staying there from the 24th the 27th for HEAR? anyone else doing that no? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

What does orientation week involve?? :) I'll probably be going on my own but i do have a busy week during that so like if its not really worth it I don't think I'd bother staying for the few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

RHunce wrote: »
    Got 35 points over what I needed for Woodwork and Graphics teaching in UL. Let's hope it doesn't suddenly jump up drastically!

wow !! i got same points and goin for same coarse !! see you there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Got points for course, Science Choice (will confirm Monday though),
    Supposed to be going here with someone but on my lonesome now because they never got their points...
    Trying to find accommodation nearby but will be on my lonesome in every respect then.
    Anticipate going into a new school again, clueless and lost,
    Except this school is about 10 times bigger than my last one and I'm not good with maps and directions at the best of times...
    You'll get to know me eventually as the person creeping into class 15 minutes late with a sheepish smile and a list full of excuses :)
    Do you have to turn up on the 28th August yes?
    That officially Orientation week?
    Wish I had a timetable or something to work off :/

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

GV_NRG wrote: »
    im staying there from the 24th the 27th for HEAR? anyone else doing that no? :)

Yup, me too!

flyaway. wrote: »
    Yup, me too!

thats the job lad!! :D ur the dude from northwest cork arent ya?? :P

thats the job lad!! :D ur the dude from northwest cork arent ya?? :P

Haha, I'm from West Cork but more the south, right by the sea. :P You? :D

And if 'lad' is referring to me as male then it's wrong! ;)

Haha, I'm from West Cork but more the south, right by the sea. :P You? :D

And if 'lad' is referring to me as male then it's wrong! ;)

so really its south cork?? :P haha

woops!! haha :P wat am i gonna say so?? girl?? :P ha

so really its south cork?? :P haha

woops!! haha :P wat am i gonna say so?? girl?? :P ha

Southwest Cork is what they call it... don't want to say the actual town here though, haha.:P

Where are you going to be living in Limerick?

Southwest Cork is what they call it... don't want to say the actual town here though, haha.:P

Where are you going to be living in Limerick?

thats prob a very safe way to play it haha :P

Plassey all the way!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

biggaman wrote: »
    What does orientation week involve?? :) I'll probably be going on my own but i do have a busy week during that so like if its not really worth it I don't think I'd bother staying for the few days?

Basically the day the orientation is on (different days for diff courses) you go to a large meeting with all the courses who have their orientation that day, president of UL speaks...president of the SU speaks etc etc.

Then you get a tour of UL with a guide (who's a student) in group of 7 pr 8 (all from your course! easy way to make friends), you enrol, get your ID card, computer account and meet your course director.

It's worth hanging around as there'll be craic to be had!

Advertisement