Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick - Who's going?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

Basically the day the orientation is on (different days for diff courses) you go to a large meeting with all the courses who have their orientation that day, president of UL speaks...president of the SU speaks etc etc.

Then you get a tour of UL with a guide (who's a student) in group of 7 pr 8 (all from your course! easy way to make friends), you enrol, get your ID card, computer account and meet your course director.

It's worth hanging around as there'll be craic to be had!

do you go up on ur own or are your family supposed to come up or what? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Stupidly Naked

Yes, as a first year, hoping to do Mobile Communications and Security.
    I live here, so feel free to ask me any questions about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

GV_NRG wrote: »
    do you go up on ur own or are your family supposed to come up or what? :/

On your own, you're a grown up now!! :D

I'm half way through Science Ed and from Limerick so if anyone has any questions just throw me a PM! And stick yer noses into the UL forum, we're kinda nice....sometimes....but not to new people.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

hey newbies! welcome to heaven! your gonna love it...anyone needs advice etc, im a fourth year english and history student.

havent read a book yet and my QCA is just about to tip over 3.0 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Supposed to be going here with someone but on my lonesome now because they never got their points...
    Trying to find accommodation nearby but will be on my lonesome in every respect then.
    Anticipate going into a new school again, clueless and lost,
    Except this school is about 10 times bigger than my last one and I'm not good with maps and directions at the best of times...
    Throw yourself into orientation week, esp. the social stuff, chat to everyone you bump into, it's normally a great opportunity to get to know people while everyone is feeling a bit lost! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yannfann

Supposed to be going here with someone but on my lonesome now because they never got their points...
    Trying to find accommodation nearby but will be on my lonesome in every respect then.
    Anticipate going into a new school again, clueless and lost,
    Except this school is about 10 times bigger than my last one and I'm not good with maps and directions at the best of times...
    You'll get to know me eventually as the person creeping into class 15 minutes late with a sheepish smile and a list full of excuses :)
    Do you have to turn up on the 28th August yes?
    That officially Orientation week?
    Wish I had a timetable or something to work off :/

Yep I think I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you :/
    but sure, chin up!
    It is college after all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Markyy

I'm looking forward to it, I'm 40 points clear of what I need for Digital media, myself and a friend have Plassey booked, but as far as we know we're the only two from our school heading down. Does anyone know what happens when you go down, as I'll have to go down with my parents with all my things to move in etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Markyy wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it, I'm 40 points clear of what I need for Digital media, myself and a friend have Plassey booked, but as far as we know we're the only two from our school heading down. Does anyone know what happens when you go down, as I'll have to go down with my parents with all my things to move in etc.

Classy Plassy :D some craic in that place! bandit country :P

what you looking for help on? like official stuff or just general life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Markyy

Haha, yeah sure we figured we may aswell have a bit of craic after the leaving cert. Just kind of a general overview of the lot, I'm the eldest of my family and most of my friends are in the same year as me and year below me so I don't know a whole load of people in college. So I just want to know how the whole thing works really. If its too much to put into a post a pm would be great. Much appreciated btw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Likewise,
    If I come across you in UL and notice you by face I'll say hello :P
    Can label me as boards guy :D
    At least people won't say,
    "Look at that lonely b*****d, lets throw stones at him." :(
    Nice to half know someone :)
    Only 20 or so people in my course (praying to God I get it now,)
    Hopefully I'll get to know a few of them :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

It was touch-and-go for the past few hours, but I got Law Plus :D see ye guys there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Got Cork IT cos I got a D3 in HL Maths instead of a C3. Doing the maths exams on Thursday and also doing the NUIG ones as a backup. I really hope I get it in the second round, I want UL SOOOO badly!!!

Anyone thinking of doing Mech Eng or Undenominated and have been offered it, please don't accept it if you know your not going! :D

please_29615881.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Got Language, Literature and Film! Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Got general nursing. See ye all there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Got over the points for Language, Lit and Film but didn't get it. So very confused.. :sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

You're all going to have a fantastic time is all I'll say, first September since 2007 I won't be going back.

Lord first year - just do enough to get the 2.0 QCA [though be mindful some modules may count toward professional exemptions a lá Managerial Accounting for those of you pursuing Accounting based courses].

Enjoy it, the time flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

i got Biomedical engineering! :D dcant wait to see everyone there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 paperplane93

Anyone else get Languages with Education ? :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Stupidly Naked

I got Mobile Communications and Security in UL :) Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yannfann

Anyone else doing Chemical and biochemical engineering? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Equine Science :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Mobile Communications and Security.

HEAR orientation week is next up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brains?

delighted i got my course!! see ye all there! :D

anyone else get science (bio & physics/chemistry) and education ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭FerrisBueller

paperplane Languages with Education are a very rare breed ;) I did the course (and I'm fairly sure they're discontinuing it) if you want any info feel free to PM me :)

Pharmaceutical and Industrial Chemistry
    Missed 1st choice (Science Choice) by 5 points >.<
    Similar courses though so still happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Law Plus! onwards, to PLASSEY!

Actually yeah, going to the Plassey too,
    Sharing with 7 people I havent met before of unknown gender and smoking preference.
    2 bathrooms...
    Between 8 people...
    And the fight for counter space at the kitchen...

Can't wait... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frenchy1992

Anyone else get Languages with Education ? :confused::)

I did :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Anyone know when the admissions office for UL closes? I got in contact with them today and they said they needed to review a mistake on my course or something and that they'd be back in touch.

I haven't heard anything since half 12 :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Aragneer wrote: »
    Anyone know when the admissions office for UL closes? I got in contact with them today and they said they needed to review a mistake on my course or something and that they'd be back in touch.

I haven't heard anything since half 12 :/

Ring them back maybe?

Advertisement