Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Galway Hotel

Options
  • 15-06-2011 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

I hope to head to Galway in early July and am looking for some recommendations on a nice hotel.

It been a good few years since I was last in Galway and that time stayed in Jury's Inn but would be willing to pay a bit more than their prices.

Also plan to use Aer Arann to fly over so need to know far out the airport is from city and approx price of a taxi in.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Depends on your budget and what you're after.

The Radisson seems to be a nice mix of modern/affordable/clean

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Best hotel IMO is Park House, has a great reputation. The airport is a fifteen minute drive if no traffic so a taxi would be about €20 id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

€13 for taxi from airport to town with Procabs http://www.procabs.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=48

+1 for the Radisson, lovely spot and good location. The Galway Bay Hotel is nice too, right on the prom in Salthill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Depends on your budget and what you're after.

The Radisson seems to be a nice mix of modern/affordable/clean

Well looking for hotels which do deals such as 2 nights b&B and dinner for you know about €130 that sort of thing.

Have to say fro experience of other Radisson htoel they do tend to be on the expensive side as enquired for one in Cork I think and it was €140 one night b&b :eek:

Once it is clean, with a bar & modern I am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Well looking for hotels which do deals such as 2 nights b&B and dinner for you know about €130 that sort of thing.

Have to say fro experience of other Radisson htoel they do tend to be on the expensive side as enquired for one in Cork I think and it was €140 one night b&b :eek:

Once it is clean, with a bar & modern I am happy.
    So its not Galways best hotel then. Eyre Square Hotel, Spanish Arch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Dont stay in the Clybaun anyway. Was there 2 weeks ago..thought the rooms were terrible. The Twelve is nice but outside the city and pretty expensive. Its more expensive this year than last which i cant fathom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

Best hotel IMO is Park House, has a great reputation. The airport is a fifteen minute drive if no traffic so a taxi would be about €20 id say.

Was looking into the Park hotel and looks nice and there are some good weekend deals on at mo. So will def keep that in mind. Rooms look nice and as it is central it is ideal.

As it is 3 girls hitting Galway we do not want to have to go too far to hotel at end of night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The House Hotel do offers, are as central as you can be and it's a very nice hotel; a bit boutique-ish. I think you have to pay for parking but besides that I'd recommend it.

Jurys is grand and good loacation; don't know about their prices.

Try Cava restaurant if you like tapas; lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mdo

Hard to beat the Park House Hotel... stayed there in 2008 and 2009... immaculate rooms and great service.... worth paying a little extra to stay there and just off the square.....

Advertisement