Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels near Marley Park?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Wondering could anyone recommend a good hotel near enough to Marley Park please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

Why do you want a hotel near there? It is out in the suburbs but only a few miles from town. If you are going to one of the gigs there this summer I would recommend booking a hotel in town as there will be buses to town from the gigs at the end of the shows. I think if you do want to stay near Marley then the closest hotels will be in the Sandyford area. I don't know if you would want to walk from Sandyford to Marley though, it could be a half hour walk or so from recollection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I live right beside Marley. The closest hotels would be the Beacon:

http://www.thebeacon.com/

Or Bewleys, Leopardstown:

http://www.bewleyshotels.com/leopardstown/

Bewleys would be the cheaper of the two but the Beacon if much nice, i've stayed there a few times and love it.

Getting to the concerts(assuming that's what it's for) would involve getting a taxi which takes under 10 minutes from either hotel. You could also get the luas to Dundrum and walk which would probably take around a half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

First off it's Marlay Park!!!

If you are going to the concerts to be honest you would be better off booking a city centre hotel and then taking one of the special buses Dublin Bus put on to and from the concerts.

The other hotels would require taxi/long walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

lxflyer wrote: »
    First off it's Marlay Park!!!

:rolleyes:
    If you are going to the concerts to be honest you would be better off booking a city centre hotel and then taking one of the special buses Dublin Bus put on to and from the concerts.

The other hotels would require taxi/long walks.

To be honest I would rather get a taxi to the Beacon rather than getting the bus in and out but maybe thats just me!

Advertisement