Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantities

• 15-06-2011 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

Doing some work with concrete and I have no idea how much sand and cement to order. I'm putting down a 10ft x 10ft x 3" concrete base and a 12ft x 10ft x 3" base as well. I'm also concreting in 7 fence posts and a border of 24ft x 1ft x 4". Anyone have any idea what quantity I should be ordering or how much the stuff is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Concrete is sold by the cubic meter (mixed) convert all you're measurements to metric and work out the cubic meter you need, ring around and get prices.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Looks like I need about 7 cubic meters altogether. And apparently I need gravel not sand. If I mix the cement and gravel at one to three do you think 2 tonne of gravel would be enough?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jj build

Hi, you need 3 cubic meters . 2 tons of gravel at 5 gravel to 1 cement, should do you but it will be cutting it fine.

Advertisement