Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing Itunes from PC?

• 15-06-2011 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is it safe to remove Itunes from a PC and use Winamp which I find much less bloated, better and easier to use with my Ipod.

Don't want to cause any problems with my library.

Itunes has duplicated songs from my library and some of my favourite songs have been lost from my hard drive. I believe I can get them back to it from Winamp though. I have Winamp at the moment and really like it's simpleness and efficiency compared to Itunes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Only problem I've ever had with this is that if the user has their MP3 all over the c: drive .. Do you actually know where the folders are that contain the MP3s, are they properly tagged and named?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Only problem I've ever had with this is that if the user has their MP3 all over the c: drive .. Do you actually know where the folders are that contain the MP3s, are they properly tagged and named?

Yeah, think so, they are mostly in one or two folders. Most would be tagged, the majority. The album art is all over the place. The problem probably started by installing an ipod Windows media player plugin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

May I also suggest Songbird as a suitable replacement.

http://getsongbird.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well what I normally do is this sitution is first take a backup of all your MP3s.. This will lead to you hopefully finding them all and seeing how well organised they are (or arent)... You could then install WinAmp, while leaving iTunes on the system, and see if it fings the tracks easy enough...

You should be looking at having all your mp3s in a folder (say call it "Music") then have folders below this for each artist, and then a folder below this for each album, into which you put the properly tagged MP3s for this album.. This makes it easy to backup all your mp3s and easy to move between different media players..

Advertisement