Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a laptop on the dart

Options
  • 15-06-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

As the title says : I found a laptop on the dart this evening

Anyways on the off chance the owner is looking on here I handed it in to the ticket office when i got off.

PM me if you need specifics of which office (with the company name on the bag)

MOds - feel free to move if in the wrong section

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Fair play to ya. Give yourself a high five for trying to find the owner. Decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

There will be some good chicken karma coming your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Earl Hickey would be proud of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Keep stum ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Things was probably password protected and he couldn't get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

I tried googling the name of the company and it turned out to be an acronym for a job.

Hopefully the persons collected it already, Id be sick in the stomach if I lost my laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

jayteecork wrote: »
    Things was probably password protected and he couldn't get into it.

But sure there are ways of getting past that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

But sure there are ways of getting past that.

Which won't be discussed here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Des wrote: »

Of course.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Can you get into it? Lots of people leave their Facebook signed in all the time so you could find them there, or you could look for a CV document for an address or phone number? Invasion of privacy perhaps, but I'd rather have my laptop back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Make sure whoever claims it actually owns it. If that involves hacking it, we can't say how to but it is achievable.

PS. if next years budget is on it, all bets are off and upload from an internet cafe to Wikileaks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

PS. if next years budget is on it, all bets are off and upload from an internet cafe to Wikileaks.:)

thats exactly what i thought when i found it !

BUT I dont have the laptop , as I said above i handed it into the ticket office .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

that makes your actions much more commendable, that you resisted the temptation to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm going to sound awful cynical

But I would not have handed it in to the ticket office.
    I would have left my name and number and the owner could contact me and we'd arrange to meet up

Found a sum of money in a shopping centre before, handed it in and the manager pocked it and walked away. I was only young at the time and I didn't speak up but I've never forgotten!
    And while the good folks are Irish Rail are certain to be honest I would prefer to meet the owner in person.

And it's possible they might want to meet you anyway so they can thank you personally, I would

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Des wrote: »

why not,im always forgetting passwords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

the bolt wrote: »
    why not,im always forgetting passwords

Report to 'The Forgetful Forum' - its somewhere on boards.ie, I just forget ATM.

And just a reminder to the forgetful, its not usually a good thing to cross swords with our very cross Mod - Des!.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

fair play to ye, a mate of mine left his bag with his lappy, headphones , and ipod innit in a kfc in bray. by the time he realised it was long gone. gutted for him, at least a grands worth of stuff gone.

so pat yourself on the back OP, you done good

Advertisement