Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two year old ground coffee!

Options
  • 15-06-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have two bags of Zambian Kaleya coffee that I got when I visited a coffee farm back in March of 09'. I haven't opened them but i'd well assume they are totally gone off now? Didn't cost much so wouldn't be any loss to throw them out :p
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dahtac

If it's preground then I would say yes, straight to the bin. You could save some and brew a cup as an experiment to see how it tastes, but stale coffee is not something you really want to taste

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Even in sealed bags ground coffee is best for a max of 4 weeks and drinkable up to 3 months or so. But after the first few days it just deteriorates bit by bit.

Bin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Try it, then bin it!

That way you'll know for yourself what stale coffee tastes like.

Although I do remember making a caffetiere of coffee with an open pack of Lavazza Red that had been in a jar for at least 6 months.
    More than one of the guests commented on how good the coffee was!
    Go figure!
    They were Dutch and it was 10 years ago if that explains anything.

Advertisement