Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

9 Innings without a drawn Inn

• 15-06-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone have any data to show the games played that had no inning of the match drawn ? They're not too common I think.
    Would appreciate any help !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i checked everything, all of the highest scoring games of all time going back to like 1922. I figure thats where it would happen. The closest i seen was 7 innings different and 2 tied innings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

creed2207 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any data to show the games played that had no inning of the match drawn ? They're not too common I think.
    Would appreciate any help !!

Surely it's fairly common.

A team scores in the first inning and there is no more scoring after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Surely it's fairly common.

A team scores in the first inning and there is no more scoring after that.

So every inning after the first is a 0-0 draw...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 creed2207

No lads.....I'm looking at results and have yet to find a game where there wasn't at least 1 Inning drawn in the 9.

So Iang...you found no high scoring game going back to 1922 that didn't have at least 1 drawn Inning?
    You use ESPN to check your scores ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

For the record lads it doesn't need to be a 0-0 drawn Inn. 1-1 or 2-2 A draw is a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Elias Sports Bureau is your only man for weird stats like this.

No lads.....I'm looking at results and have yet to find a game where there wasn't at least 1 Inning drawn in the 9.

OK I think I know what you are looking for.

To fit your description you would have to find a game where one team scored at least one run in every inning
    Therefore no inning ended with the score the same as the previous inning

Well it's actually very rare that a team has scored in every inning.

In the AL no home team has ever scored in each of 9 innings, there have been 6 cases where the home team has scored in 8, and did not have to bat in the bottom of the 9th as they were still leading after the top of the 9th

In the NL there have been teams that have scored in all of 9 innings, but it has only happen 7 times in 122 years.

Details on http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/rb_runs2.shtml

It's weird how rare such and occurrence is.

OK I think I know what you are looking for.

To fit your description you would have to find a game where one team scored at least one run in every inning
    Therefore no inning ended with the score the same as the previous inning

Well it's actually very rare that a team has scored in every inning.

In the AL no home team has ever scored in each of 9 innings, there have been 6 cases where the home team has scored in 8, and did not have to bat in the bottom of the 9th as they were still leading after the top of the 9th

In the NL there have been teams that have scored in all of 9 innings, but it has only happen 7 times in 122 years.

Details on http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/rb_runs2.shtml

It's weird how rare such and occurrence is.

Just looking at this again I notice that of course you could have a situation where an inning is tied, even if one team scores in ever inning of the game.
    One team could score as much in one inning as the other has done in the prvious ones.

In the games that there is a Box score for only two were tied at any point
    Oakland v Kansas City [SIZE=-1]1998 after the first
    [/SIZE]
    Colorado v Chicago [SIZE=-1]05-05-1999 after the 3rd[/SIZE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

So Iang...you found no high scoring game going back to 1922 that didn't have at least 1 drawn Inning?
    You use ESPN to check your scores ?

Thanks

I used different sites this one proved useful for the most part

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/index.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement