Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamsat 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dmccormack01

got a 55, pretty happy with it to be honest, as i thought i failed badly, wonder will it be enough for limerick! god only knows how i passed the science section!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SmileyRK

I know people have been reporting results of 60+ but i just looked and got a score of 55 and I'm DELIGHTED!!!!!!!!!! Depending on whether the score for UL rises (hope to GOD not) I could be in med school this time next year!!!!

Considering I was in 4th year, had a trillion projects to do and no time to prepare, I'm pretty chuffed :)

Grats everyone, I have my fingers crossed for ye!!!

Anyone know if the offers are out in August?? That is going to be painful waiting

congrats might be seeing you there! :D i know from the PD forum that the general scores seemed to be down from previous years but i don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captain1888

Smiley You have cheered me right up... I was slightly down in the mouth about the 55 that i got but you turned the tide for me... cheers for that!! Fingers crossed... now we play the waiting game!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captain1888

congrats might be seeing you there! :D i know from the PD forum that the general scores seemed to be down from previous years but i don't know!

whats a PD forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

@Smiley, DMcCormack and Captain.....

here's to possible UL colleagues in September!! Got 56 that i was slightly down about but as I said to someone on the day, I'd snap their hand off there and then for UL!

paging doctor forum, the australian gradmed forum, literally thousands of gamsat`ers on there!

im also slightly torn as i wanted to work for another year to save so i wouldnt have to get the dreaded loan! but guess ill wait and see and if i get an offer make the big decision!!

does anyone know when offers are made?? i assume it not till late july as the grads from this year don't have to send in their documents until july 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stephan Grundy

66 for me - shocked, in the best possible way, to have gotten a 55 on the sciences section, as I was (a) high on a very large dose of Lomotil, having gotten a grievous revolution of the bowels during sections 1 and 2, and (b) after intensive study, recognised hardly anything that appeared on the test.
    But 66, I think, means I probably don't have to retake the effing thing next year, and will be hopefully meeting a bunch of ye next year when 2013 classes start.
    Thanks all for listening to and sharing my pre-results panic - it would have been a lot tougher waiting without the lot of ye to complain to!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SmileyRK

Happy to be able to cheer people up ;)

I'm hoping that UL doesn't rise considering theis climate. People may not have the moolah to do the course and so we can get in ;)

Chuffed for everyone on here!! seems that we all did really well. Lads, the main thing is that we sat the monster of a test once ;)

Time to celebrate until offers come out, I think that gives about 2 months, maybe 3 of drunkenness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 GOING4BROKE

Got score of 55 pretty devastated if Im honest seeing as I got a score of 56 in london. A lot of hours put in and a lot of hours wasted. Was hoping to stay in Dublin but that is well and truly out of the question now.

Does anyone know where the second round offers ended up last year?

:(56 puts me in the 70th Percentile but after the Heineken cup I cant go begin going seeing what that means for me.

Congrats to everyone is if pleased with their scores.

when people are sending in their documents by july 15th. do you include a cetified parchment if you have it by the time or does the university contact your institution directly to confirm your qualification??

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sarah1379

when people are sending in their documents by july 15th. do you include a cetified parchment if you have it by the time or does the university contact your institution directly to confirm your qualification??

No you need to send it in. AFAIK anyway. Give em a buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 natsnats

Was delighted with my score of 56 considering that I had absolutely no time to look over anything before sitting the test. With a background in biomedical science I've already shared lectures with meds in UCD and have done a lot of biochem and pharmacology within my degree so hoping that UL won't be too much of a challenge if i'm lucky enough to get in. Would love to be returning to UCD but I can't justify spending a year repeating for just a few more points.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gordonia

SmileyRK wrote: »

I'm hoping that UL doesn't rise considering theis climate. People may not have the moolah to do the course and so we can get in ;)

In fairness, I don't think having or not having the moolah really changes the figures much - I mean the vast majority of people don't just have 100G lying around and everyone gets the loan anyway. Even if you saved for a year or two it wouldn't make much of a dent in the GIANT DEBT!! But we try not to think about that! Having said that, having some savings tucked away would make things a bit easier. It's hard to make the loan last for the 10 months if you have no other financial support. And when it comes to the summer, you're pretty much living on thin air.

Well done on your results everyone! Might see some of ye in here Limerick in September! :eek:;)

Ps the CAO offers for Med came out on the 4th of August last year.

yea i really hope a 55 is enough to get me into UL, if i got an offer dont think id bother repeating just for the sake of getting into ucd....5 years doing architecture in ucd is enough for any man!

Intern places are assigned on the basis of how well you do in your med degree not on what school you went to so all good!

does anyone have any links to UL first year reviews by previous students?? ive seen some ucd and rcsi ones knocking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

SmileyRK wrote: »

Chuffed for everyone on here!! seems that we all did really well. Lads, the main thing is that we sat the monster of a test once ;)

Time to celebrate until offers come out, I think that gives about 2 months, maybe 3 of drunkenness

If you thought GAMSAT was tough you're in for a long road ahead of you mate.

insanity50 wrote: »
    If you thought GAMSAT was tough you're in for a long road ahead of you mate.

do the words drinking, fire and hose come to mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eimz_T

Hey, been lurking here for a while and especially in the past few days.

I got an overall score of 62 which I'm delighted about, and I think it should be enough for my first choice UCC unless it comes up a good bit. It hasn't really sunk in yet, I was expecting the worst especially after the disaster that was section 3, it seems section 2 saved me.

Does anybody have a link to the first round points from 2011? I can only seem to find the median and final offers online.

Congrats to everybody who is happy today, hope to see some of you in UCC in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nailer23

hey guys, well done on he gamsats and good luck with the offers.
    I am a 1st year in UCC and part of the peer support service to get ye up and running for next year. we have set up a facebook group for the UCC gand so if you have it down and tink you will get in we can answer any questions you have etc.

the only thing that i ask is that you refrain from making it a discussion board relating to th GAMSAT

here is the link https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/238966992870758/
    feel free to add yourself.

this will be handed over to ye next year as the official class page.

most questions from the irish students can be diected towards Damien or Aisling

best of luck again in august

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 cliodashe

Hi, just torturing myself looking at threads online, could anybody clarify whether the minimum was 54 or 56? It says 54 on the website and 56 on the ul website. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nailer23

as regards points last year http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=points&p=2011 first round

cliodashe wrote: »
    could anybody clarify whether the minimum was 54 or 56? It says 54 on the website and 56 on the ul website. :confused:

It was 54* for UL last year.

TBH I'd say they left it at 56 on the website cause they were a bit embarassed...!

Thanks nailer23, so u reckon cao are most correct? How could UL have the wrong points on their website? Weird, might e mail them. Having only got 54 I am quite the nervous nelly in regards to this disparity!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Bit of idle speculation here but just comparing the percentile curve this year to last years, the curve is much steeper this year meaning that results are lower (Due to harder exam or less people did it this year - knew that maths degree wouldnt be totally wasted :D). Even last years highest score was around 76, this years is around 72. So on that basis, scores could fall in august....

https://gamsat-ireland.acer.edu.au/results/normInfo.php?yr=2011

Thanks goronia, how definite are u? Did u get in on 54 or know someone that did? I hope they keep it at 54 and remove that asterisk!! That would make me very happy! Fingers crossed! :o

i heard someone got a place with a 52 in limerick last year! how reliable that info is i don't know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

Thanks goronia, how definite are u? Did u get in on 54 or know someone that did? I hope they keep it at 54 and remove that asterisk!! That would make me very happy! Fingers crossed! :o

There is a person in first year who got in on 51 which I know for fact.

I also heard of two other students who got in on 50, but I don't know them personally just heard the ''whispers'' and the ''finger pointing'' :D;)

You'll all love UL.

Tough course, but you'll be the better for it.

how definite are u? :o

I'm definite - I know people that got 54.

Didn't hear of anyone getting lower though, so 52 may be a rumour...

• Advertisement

insanity50 wrote: »
    There is a person in first year who got in on 51 which I know for fact.

I also heard of two other students who got in on 50, but I don't know them personally just heard the ''whispers'' and the ''finger pointing'' :D;)

You'll all love UL.

Tough course, but you'll be the better for it.

Are you sure? I haven't heard of anyone getting in on less than 54.

And at the open day, someone asked what the cut-off was last year and they said 54.

Advertisement