Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied maths?

• 15-06-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Did applied maths for 5th year, but dropped it because.. I'm lazy :rolleyes:

Is it possible to give it a blast? Wouldn't be bothered if I failed, I'd just like to give it a go since I'll be doing engineering next year. Doing maths + physics and I'll have a week to cram for it.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No you wouldn't have registered to sit the exam, so there won't be a paper for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I've done a half assed job of it for the past 2 years! Planning on 3 days of serious study after Physics to try and get a C..

If you look over the methods and stuff you should have no problem passing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

No you wouldn't have registered to sit the exam, so there won't be a paper for you!
    Surely there would be a spare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I thought they sent spares..?

Maybe if he asked his supervisor then something could be arranged?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I was thinking, considering you can change level in most subjects they would have a spare ordinary and higher paper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Surely there would be a spare?

Well possibly, but there won't be a seat marked for you to sit in - the superintendent has a list of students that are in his centre (there's likely only a few people doing AM), so I imagine there will be difficulties. I'm not positive though - contact the SEC and see what they say!

Advertisement