Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hager RCBO

Options
  • 15-06-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi - I bought a Hager RCBO AC866W but cant figure out how to connect it:confused:

I planned on replacing the circuit breaker switch in my camper with the RCBO.

1)Can I directly replace the circuit breaker switch (there is only one) with the RCBO ?

2) which terminals are the inputs and outputs - cant find a data sheet !

Many Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You dont need a data sheet, its printed right on it :pac:

In - 1 and 3 top
    Out -2 and 4 bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It will work with supply into top or bottom, as long as the supply live and neutral are into the same side. Neutral is indicated on the right side of it, which again does not really matter as long as its the same on both sides, but may as well keep it in the N terminals.

But going by the actual diagram is the way davy says.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Michael_Myers

Many Thanks -

Do you need an isolation switch as well as a RCBO , or would just an RCBO be sufficient ?

Currenty there is only an isolation switch in the panel and nothing else. There is no room on the panel for a switch and a RCBO , so I was hoping to replace the switch with the RCBO.

If this is a single pole RCBO and there is no isolation switch- would the mains be fully isolated if the RCBO was off ?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

No such thing as a single pole RCBO really, phase and neutral have to run through it. With the RCBO off the circuit is effectively isolated

If this is a single pole RCBO and there is no isolation switch- would the mains be fully isolated if the RCBO was off ?

Thanks again

As bassey says, the RCBO is a double pole device, and once its in the off position, the circuit would be effectively isolated. If your replacing an MCB with it, you need to find the neutral of the circuit, which should be easy if only one breaker in that setup, and put the neutral through the RCBO as well as the Live that was through the MCB. If your in any doubt, getting a qualified person would be the best idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Single mod rcbos are a fairly standard item

more commonly used in uk

Yea single pole solid neutral ones. The one here is a double pole though.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Michael_Myers

Thanks guys for all the info - RCBO is now fitted in camper van :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah the square D rising BB system was single pole RCBO's too with a neutral ref link. I like the double pole more but you can fit more of the single pole units in, it's nearly all single pole with neutral ref in the UK alright.

Advertisement