Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tatoo advice

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

It would certainly work as a tattoo - essentially it's just black work.

If you're talking about getting it more or less covering your whole calf you're talking a couple of hours, mostly likely, although different artists work at different speeds.

Price-wise it again depends on the artist. I'd budget a couple of hundred euro. As ever, bear in mind the adage that good tattoos aren't usually cheap, and cheap tattoos aren't usually good.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

i was thinking only slightly bigger than the picture itself is.. would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Don't

But why?!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

From a short distance that would look like a mobile phone. Is there a real significance of it to you? If not then id agree the above poster... Sorry

• Advertisement

hmmm interesting, hadn't thought of that. ya it actually does hold a certain significance for me alright, I'd have to consider the mobile phone factor though! Food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Riveta wrote: »
    i was thinking only slightly bigger than the picture itself is.. would that work?

Even the pic at that size is pretty unclear. You get it that size as a tattoo, and I guarantee you a blurry mess because of too many lines too close together. And nobody will be able to tell what it is.
    Hell, I only know it's a building in that pic because of the address.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

As DamoElDiablo said, lines do spread and blur over time (no matter how good the tattooist). If you take the design into a shop with you someone will probably have an idea of how small they will be willing to go with it.

As far as the design itself goes: What constitutes a great tattoo can be pretty subjective. If the OP has a compelling reason for wanting that particular image tattooed on them ... then more power to them. It could be worse. :pac:

Advertisement