Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing the 10km in Ennis, Clare on 25th, first race well in a while...

• 15-06-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Doing the 10km in Ennis, Clare on 25th, first race well in a while...

The last race, eh and first race I ever ran was 10km Great Ireland run in 2010. Ran it in 1hr 6mins. Did about 2/3 months training 3 times a week generally so was hopin for a slightly better time but was happy enough its a very hilly course the Phoinex park and I trained on flat (I know stupid)

Anyway since then between getting married, taking up tennis again, and generally not bothering I think I've ran about 6 times since! :(

So to kick start the process I decided on Monday that I'd run a 10km to get back into it. Me being me realised I had a free weekend on Sat 25th hence signing up for the Clare 10km.

So far my training if you want to call it that considering it started on eh Monday just gone :D

All outdoor just running around the roads where I live.

Monday 5km just over 30mins

Tuesday 5km just under 27mins

Today (Wednesday) 7.5km run, didnt time it just wanted to see could I do it without stoppin which I did, then I cycled 5km and played an hour of fairly hard hittin tennis! Yeah it just happened that way, I know I shouldnt have.

Tomorrow hopin to do another 7.5km this time I'll time it.

Friday the same.

Saturday going to Phoinex park to attempt a 10km (gonna be funny I'd say)

Sunday REST!!

Monday - 10km
    Tuesday - 12km
    Wednesday - 12km
    Thursday - Wind down 5km maybe
    Friday - REST!!

Saturday RACE DAY!!!

Anyway thats my thoughts/plan. I know its all incredibly late but I'm sorta fairly fit so hopin I'll manage it ok.

The plan is to make it in under an hour which is a HUGE ask but you have to have a goal eh.

Anyone any tips/hints/thoughts??

Anyone else doing the race??

Moved from the events section because its more of a log. Hope thats ok Mods. cheers.

Advertisement