Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exporting Contacts To Google Mail

• 15-06-2011 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

So I've got all my google contacts synced up to my iPhone 4 using Exchange through the settings app. Now what I'm trying to do is sync the contacts who are in my phonebook, but not synced up to google, sync up to google. (If that makes any sense)

I have a good 50 odd contacts who are just saved to my phone and not on google who I want to sync just for the convenience and if I ever lose my phone I know my contacts are still safe (biggest pain in the hole when you lose your phone :o)

I'm basically looking for a way to sync contacts to google with iOS how Android does it but with iOS. :)

Is there a way a newly saved contact can automatically save to the cloud like it does in Android too without having to like sync up with iTunes or s/t.
    I'm aware my English is all over the place, I'm too tired to be literate tonight. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

it should do it automatically, have ya got a gmail email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭innovation.

Yep - the Exchange G-mail account is setup correctly using the instructions from Google themselves but my contacts saved after switching to iOS from Android aren't there on my G-mail contact list. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Check your Google contacts on a desktop web browser - you may need to add them into "My Contacts"

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭alsiet2011

yeah google will only sync contacts contained in 'my contacts'

other than that within the phone make sure that your default contact list is your google account. ull see this somewher under the settings app in iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

alsiet2011 wrote: »
    yeah google will only sync contacts contained in 'my contacts'

other than that within the phone make sure that your default contact list is your google account. ull see this somewher under the settings app in iphone
    theres nowhere else for contacts to be on an iphone, you can create groups but nothing can be in there without being in all contacts

• Advertisement
Advertisement