Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best exterior paint to buy

• 15-06-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Can anybody recommend a good quality exterior paint to buy, It for my house which is in a very exposed area, I see 10 litre buckets for 24 € (sandtex) and 10 litre bucket for 40€ dulux weather shield
    Sorry if this has been posted before
    Thanks
    Donalabu

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Dulux weathershield imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Dulux weathershield imo

+1 to that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 donalabu

Thanks guys, Thats what I thought myself
    regards
    Donalabu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

There is not a great deal of a difference IMO between the two products. Sandtex leaves a nicer matt finish where as Weathershield is a little shiny. However I wouldn't put you of from buying either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The spec sheets for sandtex is actually higher than dulux. Neither wrong with either of them though. If you really want to splash out go for colortrend,there exterior is top quality. There exterior waterbased satin is brilliant for any woodwork you may have outside!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The best would be any pliolite based paint, like Johnstone's Stormshield.

Advertisement