Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some pictures from Saumur of WW I Tanks

• 16-06-2011 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

While on my annual Normandy trek, a little visit was paid to the tank museum at Saumur. The FT-17 was used in both WWI and WWII.
    As usual my apologies as I'm not the greatest photographer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Another couple of WWI pictures from Saumur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I was supposed to visit that tank museum last time I was over, but ended up going to the st. Nazaire u-boat bunkers instead, definitely plan on getting there in the future. I believe they have a tiger and a king tiger tank from ww2 on display.

Those Renault FT tanks were also used in WW2 but did not last long, here is knocked out Renault from France june 1940

17_ID_1940_035.jpg

You would have to feel sorry for those guys going up agains these ;

17_ID_1940_147a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I was about to post the Tiger picture last night when I was on the receiving end of a power cut. I'll post them in the WW II forum in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nevsky

I'm just looking at the photo of the Renault. Did the design of tanks take a massive jump forward with this design, as other tanks from the first world war seem to be cumbersome, clumsy machines?

Advertisement