Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW II military vehicles from Saumur

• 16-06-2011 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

While in Normandy I took a diversion down to Saumur and took some pictures. The sheer amount of vehicles is stunning and I think its better than Bovington although it could do with some extra funding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I meant to post these last night, but a power cut put a stop to me gallop. I hope I have all the names right, I'm sure I'll be put right if I don't.

A few more from Saumur. The second picture of the Jagdpanzer 70 shows the damage sustained.

And yet more from Saumur...

Even more.

Yet still more. It just shows how good Saumur is. I have more if anyone wants to see them. I took a good few post WW II vehicle pictures. I'll post them in a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Those are excellent leincar! :)

That King Tiger 233 in one of your pics, is actually running too, here's a clip

marcsignal wrote: »
    Those are excellent leincar! :)

That King Tiger 233 in one of your pics, is actually running too, here's a clip

I missed it by a couple of days. They ran it last Saturday June11. Extremely sick so I was. The whole place had me running around like a child in a sweet shop, I only saw half of it. Great place for a few days break.

Maybe a boards military forum trip????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Took a detour myself last year to get to this museum. Incredible selection of tanks and it was a fascinating visit, will definitely go again. Saumur itself is a lovely town.

Advertisement