Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeat exams cost?

• 16-06-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭

Yo,
    I'm repeating two exams in august.
    I know they are 50 each but was just wondering since I got the maintenance grant would I have to pay that?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

AFAIK its €50 for as many exams you are repeating and it's not covered by the maintenance grant.

That was the case in the past anyway.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

kenon wrote: »
    AFAIK its €50 for as many exams you are repeating and it's not covered by the maintenance grant.

That was the case in the past anyway.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

So it'll cost me a 100 to repeat 2 exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

50 euro max, regardless if you have 1 repeat or 4. As I said, thats how it was in the past.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

That's how it was last year, think the price goes up after 6 or something but not by much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Speaking of repeats, how do you go about applying to resit a test? I've to repeat a test from January and haven't heard anything from ITB about it. Not 100% certain, but I think last year we got a letter about them, nothing so far this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Quoted from itb website

If you have a Repeat or Deferred exam to sit in August 2011, a repeat application form will automatically be sent out with your transcript. This must be completed and returned to: The Examinations Office, Institute of Technology Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, together with the repeat examination fee of €50 (postal order, bank draft or cheque only) made payable to ‘Institute of Technology Blanchardstown’, by Friday 22nd of July 2011.
    Forms received after this date cannot be accepted.

Read quoted text above.

Transcripts will be sent by post to your home address by mid July. (usually later in my experience though it depends).

Alternatively you could contact sid@itb.ie for further info, or the exam office, details below.

Contacting the Examinations Office:
    Toyah O'Connell (01) 885 1042
    Sharon Comerford (01) 885 1327
    Ann Brady (01) 885 1573
    Ciara Brennan (01) 885 1554
    Justine Brunton (01) 885 1556

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

donfarrell wrote: »
    would I have to pay that?

Sorry about the repeats man ... but that sentence made me laugh so hard XD

Hope all goes well in the repeats ^^

ye i was just clutching at straws there XD
    Anyway I'll be away from the 28th till the 11th aug, what happens if the repeat form doesnt get to me before i go away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

by Friday 22nd of July 2011.
    Forms received after this date cannot be accepted.

that would tend to suggest there won't be a problem getting it before holidays.
    I'd call the sid desk as already mentioned to make sure.

You could always get the ol' parents to take a look see.. or if that's -cough- avoidable at best... then a friend? XD

• Advertisement

Ye i'll probably jus ring if I didnt get anything by the 25th :L
    Also my parents know as I dont have €50 to pay the damn fee :L

Advertisement