Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs ...

Options
  • 16-06-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭

Id jsut like to ask quickly would i be beter off applying for jobs now before i leave ? im traveling the first week of july and i have just done my RSA & RSG courses online. Im intending on doing bar work so should i apply early before i go over ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

ASOT wrote: »
    Id jsut like to ask quickly would i be beter off applying for jobs now before i leave ? im traveling the first week of july and i have just done my RSA & RSG courses online. Im intending on doing bar work so should i apply early before i go over ?

don't apply now, apply when you arrive, most people won't be interested in someone miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

hussey wrote: »
    don't apply now, apply when you arrive, most people won't be interested in someone miles away

Yeah i taught that myself but surely applying a day or two before i leave & setting up possible interviews would be smart?

Oh and cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

Demand for jobs from backpackers is high so you really need to be on the ground to secure employment due to the competition. Make sure you have a good 'australianised' CV.

LizOHagan wrote: »
    Demand for jobs from backpackers is high so you really need to be on the ground to secure employment due to the competition. Make sure you have a good 'australianised' CV.

Cheers, Any tips for an Australianised cv ? lol

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah i taught that myself but surely applying a day or two before i leave & setting up possible interviews would be smart?

Oh and cheers for the reply.

Getting an interview from Ireland is a bit pie in the sky, esp for bar work, you can try, but I would be extremely surprised if they would bother.
    and if they want to ring you ... they won't ring an irish number

You can send cv's around - no harm, but most won't set up an interview until you actually land in oz

• Advertisement

hussey wrote: »
    Getting an interview from Ireland is a bit pie in the sky, esp for bar work, you can try, but I would be extremely surprised if they would bother.
    and if they want to ring you ... they won't ring an irish number

You can send cv's around - no harm, but most won't set up an interview until you actually land in oz

Yeah true dat. No harm in getting it all cleared up anyways.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

done my RSA & RSG courses online

can i ask what these courses are????

thanks

evosteo wrote: »
    can i ask what these courses are????

thanks

All info is here

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Get what cleared up?

how will you even choose where to apply?
    You have no idea if the place is near where you are based, if it is a place you want to work in or if its a dump etc.

Gonna close this, OP there is a WHV work thread - but what mellor makes an excellent point
    (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055496201)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement