Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

automated alarm/alert/monitoring system?

Options
  • 16-06-2011 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Sorry for the long winded post:

My house is presently unoccupied. I would like to have a system that would have the following:

A minimum of 3 external motion sensor lights with wifi IP cameras with email alerts (gsm dialler with text alerts would be better depending on costs).

Ability to auto record video to internet or remote location when triggered.
    (to eliminate local dvr device being nicked).

Ability for real time viewing of cameras via internet/smart phone.

and the biggie:

An ability to initiate an automated prerecorded message via speaker (dog barking/people shouting,up to an ability to output speech via microphone, etc).
    Reason: As garda response times vary, I would like the option to trigger voice files to possibly frighten off intruders rather than impotently (via the IP cameras) watching them rob my house before a garda response.

Questions:
    1: Would a standard eircom netopia 2247 wifi (G) router (0n 3mb eircom BB) adequately support 3+ wifi IP cameras for internet viewing/recording?
    2: Would i need a gsm dialler for each wifi camera or just 1 for the router?
    3: If so, whats the average cost for each GSM dialler per phone?
    4: For the remote voice triggers, is there anyway to integrate the sensor alarms to trigger the (presumably via PC) vocal alarms (dog barking, etc), or would this need to be triggered remotely following alerting via email/text? (the danger here is the email may not be received until after the house has been cleaned out).

Finally, does anyone have an approximate cost to implement this solution?
    (I have spare pcs,routers, etc, and can implement any IT/networking requirements myself).

Sorry for the long winded post, but any advice/costs gratefully received!

Ninja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

More importantly what is your budget as you are specifying some expensive equipment there.
    You would need some sort of NVR with inputs to take the detectors. One gsm will work fine connected to the outputs of the nvr.
    Something like this will cost thousands in equipment alone so if I know a budget I ill know how realistic it is, or not

Advertisement