Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

amiable wrote: »
    Defour to Porto for 6 million? Is that right?

And Turan to Atletico for 12m euro. Where have you been to miss all that news?:D Crazy to think that €12m transfer is the biggest transfer deal ever in Turkish football. The same money would not get you his leg if he was playing in England.

Enjoy your trip over to the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Danish reports says #LFC could offer Poulsen + cash for stoke's Ryan Shawcross sporten.dk/fodbold/liverp…

WTF.... Shawcross no thank you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »
    And Turan to Atletico for 12m euro. Where have you been to miss all that news?:D Crazy to think that €12m transfer is the biggest transfer deal ever in Turkish football. The same money would not get you his leg if he was playing in England.

Enjoy your trip over to the game?
    Still coming round after it:o

I'm getting old mate. I'll be right by saturday hopefully:)
    I'd love to go to the Emirates but i think that would be pushing it.

I knew Turan went for 12 mill. Absolute bargain IMO.
    Can't believe Arsenal didn't buy him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Degens medical photo at QPR has just been released -

unled1ah.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Kess make sure you sitting down before you read further.

From twitter
    Several newspapers are running the Hazard to Arsenal for £26million story 2m

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

opr wrote: »
    Kess make sure you sitting down before you read further.

From twitter

Opr

Would make perfect sense, to replace fab with a few quid left over - would be great business altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

cahill.jpg

perhaps favourite to be the full stop signing?

messipool.jpg

or for the marquee signing :P

Looks good in red.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Maybe when he says exciteable he means they have spastic over-reactions? I'm sure you can thing of few people who are like that...

yes of course

i dispute the majority of liverpool fans thing that's all, however i do understand that we remember the crazy stuff and that creates a bias in terms of our perception of how many exciteable types there were

football analysis is really really ****e in britain and ireland, no thought goes into it and it changes by the day, there's no integrity in it, it's just cliches and instant absolute opinions that are replaces by instant absolute opinions the next day depending on what happened in the game that finished 5 minutes ago - guys like henderson and de gea are already being written off, if they play well next week they'll be class signings - the truth is we might only make a tentative estimate as to their relative worth at the end of the season but the saturation of football coverage means we want our fill every day and thus a lot of rubbish is spouted because not a lot changes in a day or so or over a few games but the pundits aren't paid to hold their tongues until the end of the season, a lot of them are deliberatly trollish to provoke reactions and get coverage......................................contrast all this with the football coverage in spain for example where they have dedicated sports newspapers rather than cluttering up all the papers....where the tv and radio analysis of football is much more intelligent and insightful, i mean these guys actually analyse football and actually tell us stuff that isn't completely obvious or cliched - the whole package of how they present the football coverage is much better too, more interesting and more varied with more camera angles and behind the scenes stuff as well as on pitch detail like ultra slow-no's and transcripts of what the players say, here the pattern hasn't changed, highlights then interviews then "punditry" - rinse and repeat

way off topic, sorry, ummmmm................on liverpool i hope we have a buyback clause on ayala although it's more common on the continent as i think he'll do well, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the premier league or if he even gets his game, i'd also loan out a few more like

wilson (not to rangers, premier league or championship)
    shelvey or spearing (we may have to keep 1 as cover, i'd consider a permanent deal for spearing if 3 million plus, to premier league team if loan)
    ecclestone
    pacheco
    sama
    coady
    robinson
    morgan
    ngoo
    sterling

.....league 1 or higher preferably

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

donfers wrote: »
    yes of course

i dispute the majority of liverpool fans thing that's all, however i do understand that we remember the crazy stuff and that creates a bias in terms of our perception of how many exciteable types there were

football analysis is really really ****e in britain and ireland, no thought goes into it and it changes by the day, there's no integrity in it, it's just cliches and instant absolute opinions that are replaces by instant absolute opinions the next day depending on what happened in the game that finished 5 minutes ago - guys like henderson and de gea are already being written off, if they play well next week they'll be class signings - the truth is we might only make a tentative estimate as to their relative worth at the end of the season but the saturation of football coverage means we want our fill every day and thus a lot of rubbish is spouted because not a lot changes in a day or so or over a few games but the pundits aren't paid to hold their tongues until the end of the season, a lot of them are deliberatly trollish to provoke reactions and get coverage......................................contrast all this with the football coverage in spain for example where they have dedicated sports newspapers rather than cluttering up all the papers....where the tv and radio analysis of football is much more intelligent and insightful, i mean these guys actually analyse football and actually tell us stuff that isn't completely obvious or cliched - the whole package of how they present the football coverage is much better too, more interesting and more varied with more camera angles and behind the scenes stuff as well as on pitch detail like ultra slow-no's and transcripts of what the players say, here the pattern hasn't changed, highlights then interviews then "punditry" - rinse and repeat

way off topic, sorry, ummmmm................on liverpool i hope we have a buyback clause on ayala although it's more common on the continent as i think he'll do well, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the premier league or if he even gets his game, i'd also loan out a few more like

shelvey or spearing (we may have to keep 1 as cover, i'd consider a permanent deal for spearing if 3 million plus, to premier league team if loan)
    ecclestone
    pacheco
    sama
    coady
    robinson
    morgan
    ngoo
    sterling

I think Suso should be sent out on loan as well. League 1 club. I think the Championships would be a bit rough for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Danish reports says #LFC could offer Poulsen + cash for stoke's Ryan Shawcross sporten.dk/fodbold/liverp…

That would be a good signing plus getting rid of a turnip....good business IMO...

Why would you be against signing Shawcross and getting rid of Poulson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

donfers wrote: »
    yes of course

ecclestone
    pacheco
    sama
    coady
    robinson
    morgan
    ngoo
    sterling

you are only as good as your last game!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Kess whatever you do don't go over to the Arsenal superthread .

mixednuts wrote: »

Straps on bonebiter and prepares to have a warp spasm

*2000AD reader of yesteryear should get that.:D

It's Hazardous :D

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's Hazardous :D

I think the mods should give Fla a two season ban for getting the hopes of the Arsenal's fans up with his paper talk.:D

• Advertisement

Shawcross would be a decent buy imo, much better than spending silly money on Cahill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

NukaCola wrote: »
    That would be a good signing plus getting rid of a turnip....good business IMO...

Why would you be against signing Shawcross and getting rid of Poulson?

I'm all for getting rid of Poulson , but I just don't think Shawcross is the best that we could get for CB. I know he is only 23 and would cost about £12m which could turn out to be a bargain in years to come. I'm just not fully convinced of him. Please convince me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I'm all for getting rid of Poulson , but I just don't think Shawcross is the best that we could get for CB. I know he is only 23 and would cost about £12m which could turn out to be a bargain in years to come. I'm just not fully convinced of him. Please convince me :)

Godin FTW

<<<<<<<<<<<< Finally got round to changing my Username :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

seen this on the bottom of the page earlier....

171055.JPG

Can't see it getting to many clicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Godin FTW

<<<<<<<<<<<< Finally got round to changing my Username :pac:

How do you go about that?

mixednuts = far too many beers one night :o

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Subscription, or else balckmailing an admin are the only ways to do this I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Pay a €5 subscription for a month then you can through the helpdesk. Mixednuts is grand, I wouldnt bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Pay a €5 subscription for a month then you can through the helpdesk. Mixednuts is grand, I wouldnt bother

So now we know that Torres cost Carroll +£15m +€5 to Boards. Scandalous that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think the mods should give Fla a two season ban for getting the hopes of the Arsenal's fans up with his paper talk.:D

They needed the boost.:D

I was worried about you when I saw the rumour though, glad you're OK.:pac:

Far too many of something else methinks. :pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    They needed the boost.:D

I was worried about you when I saw the rumour though, glad you're OK.:pac:

No need to worry about me. Would imagine that about 75% of all talk about Hazard on the net comes from some of the shyte I say about him.:D

mike65 wrote: »
    Heh, no doubt he'll still be persona non-grata over at RAWK
    He is still that with a lot of locals let alone in the bastion of contemplation and tolerance that is RAWK. :D

I was tempted to call it a mecca but some wag might have said that the english translation of the proper name of that city would suit the journo in question. :pac:

Actually I am now quite surprised at the thread on that topic on RAWK. Not the kneejerkathon I was expecting, and most of the comments are pretty much spot on as to some of the stuff that the journo in question has done/written in the past, especially when he was with the Echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Cant believe people still dont see Charlie Adam as a definite starter for Liverpool. IMO he's going to play every game when fit. It does appear that Aqualini and Meireles are deemed to be surplus to requirements if the right offer comes through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

slingerz wrote: »
    Cant believe people still dont see Charlie Adam as a definite starter for Liverpool. IMO he's going to play every game when fit. It does appear that Aqualini and Meireles are deemed to be surplus to requirements if the right offer comes through

If fit, I reckon he'll play around 30 league games for us this year. Not sure I'd fancy him alongside Lucas in games where we're under a lot of pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Looks like Chelsea are chasing Mata now :( Marca claims Valencia rebuffed an offer from Chelsea totalling €25million (£21.9million) this week.

Opr

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »
    Looks like Chelsea are chasing Mata now :( Marca claims Valencia rebuffed an offer from Chelsea totalling €25million (£21.9million) this week.

Opr

That's a bit bizarre. Malouda seems tailor-made for the left-side of AVB's 4-3-3. Not sure where Mata would fit in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

its great to have options for a change

in one way id love to see the football this team could play.

reina
    johnson----carra
    agger---enrique

lucas

aquilani
    Adam

suarez
    downing

kuyt
    with kuyt and suarez playing in either position tbh

but then i think of the trouble that carroll could cause arsenals defence and its impossible to leave him out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

redzerdrog wrote: »

reina
    johnson----carra
    agger---enrique

lucas

aquilani
    Adam

suarez
    downing

kuyt
    with kuyt and suarez playing in either position tbh

but then i think of the trouble that carroll could cause arsenals defence and its impossible to leave him out

Given the way the arsenal team are fairly decimated ( injuries and suspensions) the back 4 will not look forward to seeing Carroll in the middle of them and downing and suarez bearing down on them, he kinda has to start I'd say.

That's a bit bizarre. Malouda seems tailor-made for the left-side of AVB's 4-3-3. Not sure where Mata would fit in.

Malouda is good, but Mata is potentially brilliant. Malouda was poor enough last season. They also need more than one option for the wide areas, Malouda is really the only true wide player they have, possibly Sturridge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

redzerdrog wrote: »

reina
    johnson----carra
    agger---enrique

lucas

aquilani
    Adam

Would people see Johnson starting this one ahead of Kelly? Also, no chance Aquilani will feature until after the window closes. If an Italian club doesn't come in for him then I think we'll see him gradually get some game time, as...let's face facts...Adam is no Aquilani.

Will be interesting to see who Stevie comes in for when he's back.

Malouda is good, but Mata is potentially brilliant. Malouda was poor enough last season. They also need more than one option for the wide areas, Malouda is really the only true wide player they have, possibly Sturridge too.

I agree, Mata is the better player. I'd argue he's not the better player for AVB's Chelsea, though. If they're spending 30 million, I'd expect them to go out and buy an out-and-out wing forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Hope to feck Carroll stack sticking in a few goals/assists. My faith in him is getting smaller by the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Malouda was poor enough last season. T

Chelsea top scorer in the league last season, I wish we had a few player in poor form that would score 14 goals....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Short memory fla, he tore up the league at the start of last season. Finished on 13 league goals, I'd be fairly happy if Downing could pull that kind of return! I don't think he's had a better goal scoring record for Chelsea than he did last season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

rossc007 wrote: »
    Short memory fla, he tore up the league at the start of last season. Finished on 13 league goals, I'd be fairly happy if Downing could pull that kind of return! I don't think he's had a better goal scoring record for Chelsea than he did last season.

I'd be very happy indeed if Downing finishes with 13 or 14 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Hope to feck Carroll stack sticking in a few goals/assists. My faith in him is getting smaller by the day

So after 6 Premier league games and 2 goals, you have lost faith in him. He played well v Arsenal IMO.

Maybe after 60 games, it might be better to judge him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

emc2 wrote: »
    Chelsea top scorer in the league last season, I wish we had a few player in poor form that would score 14 goals....

Chelsea fan here, Malouda is terrible. He hurts the team a lot more than he helps us. He does absolutely nothing defensively and looks like he doesn't give a **** when he's attacking. Him and Kalou were like poison to every good move Chelsea had against Stoke.

A decent return for a guy playing as one of a front three in the second best team in the land last season, but nothing eart shattering either. I'm just going by what most Chelsea fans say -he regularly drives them insane in his general play. He is certainly not a good enough reason not to be chasing mata anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

djPSB wrote: »
    Maybe after 60 games, it might be better to judge him.

Should be able to make our minds up on him by Christmas. Haven't been too impressed with him so far, but like you say it's too early to say.

Should be able to make our minds up on him by Christmas. Haven't been too impressed with him so far, but like you say it's too early to say.

He's a young player you may not see the best of him for a few years.

Why do football fans never take a long term view of things? Ye spent £35m on him as an investment for the next decade not the next 3 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Why do football fans never take a long term view of things? Ye spent £35m on him as an investment for the next decade not the next 3 months.

He was bought as a replacement for Torres now, not in 3 years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I agree. Drogba who joined chelsea at an older age than carrol to lfc scored 16 goals in each of his first two seasons in total. A good start but nothing compared to what he did the following year (33)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

In fairness the team wasn't really set up to his strengths until now. He has scored a few in pre season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

sweetie wrote: »
    I agree. Drogba who joined chelsea at an older age than carrol to lfc scored 16 goals in each of his first two seasons in total. A good start but nothing compared to what he did the following year (33)

He started 18 games in his first season and 20 in his second season.

K-9 wrote: »
    In fairness the team wasn't really set up to his strengths until now. He has scored a few in pre season.

That's why he needs to start scoring/contributing by Christmas. We don't have a lot of time to let this guy develop while he starts every game.

So you don't see any point in buying young talent and developing them into top class players over time? You want the finished article all the time?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement