Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd say if Suarez starts 40 games he'll get 20+ tbh Kess. He will go down as one of the best bargains of recent years tbh. How ye didn't have to fight off competition from all sides to get him is beyond me.

I have wondered this myself and the only thing I can think of is his very occasional moments of madness. He clearly has an ego but talent will overshadow these shortcomings. Then again most of the really great players have ego issues too.....

mixednuts wrote: »
    Way too low if you expect us getting top 4 .

Not necessarily if we have our mids etc chipping in with plenty. I'd expect Gerrard to hit 10 if he's back in the next month or so. Kuyt too scores 10 league goals + most seasons. Throw in Adam/Meireles/Downing/Aqua too.

We didn't score enough last season, that's obvious. But we also let in way too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I have wondered this myself and the only thing I can think of is his very occasional moments of madness. He clearly has an ego but talent will overshadow these shortcomings. Then again most of the really great players have ego issues too.....

EGO ?????

All i see is a player that gives 1000% game in game out regardless of opponent .

If been a little boll0x on the pitch and getting amongst the opposition anyway you can is having an ego then i hope we have the Barbara Streisand of the football world .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Fair point. What about Henderson then? Plenty of people have said he should be dropped for Kuyt and starting him agaisnt Sunderland was a mistake. Why isn't he game the same treatment Carroll is?

Henderson did not have a great first game, and we have a potentially better player to replace him with in Kuyt.

Carroll had an alright game and showed signs that he is getting sharper.

Henderson did not do enough, in my eyes, in his first game to risk him in a pressure game like Arsenal away, but Carroll did do enough imho to warrant a start against Arsenal.

Plus Henderson is playing in a position where we have more quality cover at present than where Carroll is playing, so I guess there is more pressure and expectation on Carroll. Hence him being spoken about more.

I guess what I am saying is that replacing Henderson with Kuyt and leaving Carroll in the starting XI gives us a stronger team imho than replacing Carroll with Kuyt and leaving Henderson in the first team.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Suarez in many ways is Bellamy with a serious talent upgrade. I think it is more a will to win at all costs than raw ego to be honest, and I hope he never loses that streak because a player with that kind of streak and work ethic is worth far more than a more talented player with an affable nature on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Thank fcuk there's some football to be watching tonight... younglings playing against Sporting Lisbon, K.O at 7pm. Will be on LFCTV and on the online site

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not necessarily if we have our mids etc chipping in with plenty. I'd expect Gerrard to hit 10 if he's back in the next month or so. Kuyt too scores 10 league goals + most seasons. Throw in Adam/Meireles/Downing/Aqua too.

We didn't score enough last season, that's obvious. But we also let in way too many.

Goals for ..past 3 season (top 4 )..

2010/2011

Man Utd382311478374180plnewspacer.gif2Chelsea38218969333671plnewspacer.gif3Manchester City38218960332771plnewspacer.gif4Arsenal381911872432968

2009/2010

Chelsea382756103327186plnewspacer.gif2Man Utd38274786285885plnewspacer.gif3Arsenal38236983414275plnewspacer.gif4Tottenham382171067412670

2008/2009
    Man Utd 38286468244490plnewspacer.gif2Liverpool382511277275086plnewspacer.gif3Chelsea38258568244483plnewspacer.gif4Arsenal382012668373172

As you can see the the average goals scored from the top 4 is around the 72 mark .

I know you have to bare in mind goals conceded , but you should expect Carrol and Suarez to be hitting the 50 goals mark and the balance of around the 20 mark coming from the rest .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No but you seem to want him to start performing fairly quickly.

There were far bigger reasons that ye slipped as aclub than simply having a young lad inmidfield playing a lot of games. It may have been one of the symptoms of what was going on but the way you linked his presence in your midfield with missing out on the CL earlier is ludicrous.

Well obviously I want him to start performing straight away. I doubt you were hoping DE Gae would have been so bad straight off the bat. ;)

What where those reasons we finished 7th after Alonso left then? Squad depth and playing players who were performing in my eyes was the problem, and Lucas was one of the guilty parties.
    The examples you have given were all teenagers. By the time they reached Carroll's age they were playing ana wful lot. Cleverley this season might be one that goes straight in, but at 22 thats fine. We have thrown de Gae into our goals (and are having a similar debate with some of our more excitabel fans about the merits of giving youth a chance!) Chico was first choice by the end of the season. The point is when those lads were put into the team, they made mistakes (Rafael vs bayern getting sent off) - some people moaned that throwing kids into big games was a bad idea, but the sensible people pointed to the bigger picture and the long term gain to be had from them making such mistakes.

Hernandez(23) and Anderson are both older then Carroll. Anderson started 14 games in the league last season when he was 22. If Hernandez hadn't scored from the bench and when he got his starts do you think he would have been a regularly at the end of the season? Come on. As I said, I've no problem Carroll starting, if he isn't scoring I do the same Fergie would if Hernandez wasn't scoring. The same as United fans did when Berbatov wasn't scoring.
    But playing young guys in certain positions wn't stop ye getting into the CL. Its all well and good signing all established layers thinking they'll guarantee a top 4 finish, bu they might not and they also require replacing more often and disrupts the team with a hiher turnover of players. ye signed Meireles last season but next year he'll be heading for 30 and will soone need replacing again. Buying has adonside but the long term benefits are many. Ye are ensuring ye will be challenging in 5-6 years' time as well as this season and are guaranteeing the team will improve year on year even if ye don'y necessarily spend big each Summer.

I have no problem playing young guys if they perform for the most part. I don't mind the odd mistake, but if your number one striker goes half a season scoring few goals then you've got a problem and it shouldn't be ignored.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well what happened without CL? We lost Torres & Mascherano. I think Masch would have gone anyway?
    The club in my opinion has rebuilt excellently and I won't judge them till the season is over.

Carroll will come good, you've been criticising him from day one but I think he deserves a chance.

Remember some players slot straight in and play to a high lever (like Suarez) but some just take a bit longer. Carroll is still building up his Premiership match fitness and sharpness and if gets the right service then I'm sure he'll be an asset to us.

Reading your posts it reads to me like you want him to fail so that you can come here and gloat rather than see the best for the team.

Of course I have. I'm not a hypocrite. Plenty of people here have criticsed Joey Barton for being a scumbag and not wanting him for us because of his off-field antics yet are happy to give Carroll a pass. Not me.

I've never criticsed his ability, his attitude is another matter completely. Lol, yes I can't wait for him to fail so United fans can continuously bring it up and rub it in. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Thank fcuk there's some football to be watching tonight... younglings playing against Sporting Lisbon, K.O at 7pm. Will be on LFCTV and on the online site

...and then switch over to El Classico! :)

• Advertisement

The point is that if ye did give Kelly a chance at CB and he did make a few mistakes anyone giving him a hard time for doing so would be very harsh given that he needs time to settle in and develop.

I can only you assume you missed what a lot of people said about Flanagan after the Sunderland game. Made a mistake that cost us a goal and there will be a big call for him to be dropped on saturday.
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Henderson did not have a great first game, and we have a potentially better player to replace him with in Kuyt.

Carroll had an alright game and showed signs that he is getting sharper.

Henderson did not do enough, in my eyes, in his first game to risk him in a pressure game like Arsenal away, but Carroll did do enough imho to warrant a start against Arsenal.

Plus Henderson is playing in a position where we have more quality cover at present than where Carroll is playing, so I guess there is more pressure and expectation on Carroll. Hence him being spoken about more.

I guess what I am saying is that replacing Henderson with Kuyt and leaving Carroll in the starting XI gives us a stronger team imho than replacing Carroll with Kuyt and leaving Henderson in the first team.:)

I never said we should replace Carroll for the next game. My whole point has been if he struggling in 3 months time then we need to look at other options. More then happy to start him against Arsenal and for a good run of 15 games or so.

past 3 season (top 4 )..

I know you have to bare in mind goals conceded , but you should expect Carrol and Suarez to be hitting the 50 goals mark and the balance of around the 20 mark coming from the rest .

50 between them?

If that happens we will be pushing for the title !

Last year in the league for us:

Kuyt 13
    Maxi 10
    Torres 9
    Meireles 5
    Gerrard 4
    Suarez 4
    Carroll 2

Coming to a total of 59.

So our Suarez/Carroll and Torres got 15 league goals between them. We can probably throw in half of Kuyt'd goals as he played up top for many games when Kenny took over.

That gives us 22 goals from strikers.

We can expect about 25-35 goals to come from outside our strikers going by last years figures.

So, add this figure to the 50 you think they should be getting and we are in the 75-85 goals scored territory.

United scored 78 last year.
    Arsenal 72
    City 60 (1 more than us and finished 3rd)
    Chelsea 69

I'll say it again, if Carroll and Suarez were to hit 50+ goals we would be knocking on the door of the title imo.

I think you are expecting too much in their first season tbh.

I'd love to be proved wrong though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Well obviously I want him to start performing straight away. I doubt you were hoping DE Gae would have been so bad straight off the bat. ;)

I knew he'd make mistakes and warned my fellow United fans as much before he was even signed. I'm happy to accept these mistakes if it sees him develop into the top clas keeper he showed he can be at Atleti. As someone else said if he has a bad season and costs us the league but ultimately that experience stands to him and he becomes our keeoper for the next 15 years, then its easily worth it.
    What where those reasons we finished 7th after Alonso left then? Squad depth and playing players who were performing in my eyes was the problem, and Lucas was one of the guilty parties.

The entire club was a shambles on and off the pitch. The over riding reason for this was the owners. Focusing in on Lucas vs Alonso and ignoring this major factor is baffling, especially when the faith shown in lucas then is being repaid in spades now.
    Hernandez(23) and Anderson are both older then Carroll. Anderson started 14 games in the league last season when he was 22. If Hernandez hadn't scored from the bench and when he got his starts do you think he would have been a regularly at the end of the season? Come on. As I said, I've no problem Carroll starting, if he isn't scoring I do the same Fergie would if Hernandez wasn't scoring. The same as United fans did when Berbatov wasn't scoring.

There's literally months between them. This goes back to my earlier point, your real gripe shouldn't be Carroll and whether he's good enough it should be wit the manager if you think ye haven't enough options up top.
    I have no problem playing young guys if they perform for the most part. I don't mind the odd mistake, but if your number one striker goes half a season scoring few goals then you've got a problem and it shouldn't be ignored.

It shouldn't be ignored but you should also be mindful of the fact that he is still developing and factor that into any duiscussion you have about him.

I suspect howeber that you're a bit biasd when it comes to Acarroll and seeem to have been doubtful about him from the very start which is why you seem to be over fixating on him and not say Henderson.

I can only you assume you missed what a lot of people said about Flanagan after the Sunderland game. Made a mistake that cost us a goal and there will be a big call for him to be dropped on saturday.

This just proves my point. That mistake will stand to him and ultimately Liverpool in time.

50 between them?

If that happens we will be pushing for the title !

And your point is ? ;)

I knew he'd make mistakes and warned my fellow United fans as much before he was even signed. I'm happy to accept these mistakes if it sees him develop into the top clas keeper he showed he can be at Atleti. As someone else said if he has a bad season and costs us the league but ultimately that experience stands to him and he becomes our keeoper for the next 15 years, then its easily worth it.

But it's not like you wanted him to make those mistakes.
    The entire club was a shambles on and off the pitch. The over riding reason for this was the owners. Focusing in on Lucas vs Alonso and ignoring this major factor is baffling, especially when the faith shown in lucas then is being repaid in spades now.

We had the same owners the season before. I never ignored it, however putting all the blame on the owners and ignoring performances on the pitch is just as baffling. The weakening of the team was one of the reasons we finshed 7th. If we were discussing the performance of owners then I would have said they were a reason we finished 7th, but we were talking about young players.

There's literally months between them. This goes back to my earlier point, your real gripe shouldn't be Carroll and whether he's good enough it should be wit the manager if you think ye haven't enough options up top.

I know there is months between, which just shows the difference in developing players United and Liverpool have. United didn't start Hernandez straight away or Anderson. They slowly eased them into. So do you think Kenny should buy another striker?
    It shouldn't be ignored but you should also be mindful of the fact that he is still developing and factor that into any duiscussion you have about him.

I suspect howeber that you're a bit biasd when it comes to Acarroll and seeem to have been doubtful about him from the very start which is why you seem to be over fixating on him and not say Henderson.

Why would I be biased? :confused: The reason I am not fixating on Henderson is because I don't expect him to start 30+ games this season for us. I've said it a few times he's about 2 years off being good enough to start for us on a regular basis. I'd be even more worried if Henderson was starting for us all the time then I would be with Carroll.
    This just proves my point. That mistake will stand to him and ultimately Liverpool in time.

Like how it did with Insua?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Goals for ..past 3 season (top 4 )..

2010/2011

Man Utd382311478374180plnewspacer.gif2Chelsea38218969333671plnewspacer.gif3Manchester City38218960332771plnewspacer.gif4Arsenal381911872432968

2009/2010

Chelsea382756103327186plnewspacer.gif2Man Utd38274786285885plnewspacer.gif3Arsenal38236983414275plnewspacer.gif4Tottenham382171067412670

2008/2009
    Man Utd 38286468244490plnewspacer.gif2Liverpool382511277275086plnewspacer.gif3Chelsea38258568244483plnewspacer.gif4Arsenal382012668373172

As you can see the the average goals scored from the top 4 is around the 72 mark .

50 between 2 players? That is absurd for so many ways.

Take our best season 2/3 years ago. 6 players got at least 10th goals. You need a good a spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Make of this what you want but she is usually fairly decent and doesn't post BS.
    carriebaird carrie baird
    LFC planning ahead by tracking some nice internationals for *next* window, in preparation for Europe qualification

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Remember a piece about Carroll and how the medical team were surprised at his lack of upper body strength from his Newcastle days. Maybe that's where the focus has been with his pre season training and he just isn't as fast as before? That'll come with time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

But it's not like you wanted him to make those mistakes.

Obviously.

We had the same owners the season before. I never ignored it, however putting all the blame on the owners and ignoring performances on the pitch is just as baffling. The weakening of the team was one of the reasons we finshed 7th. If we were discussing the performance of owners then I would have said they were a reason we finished 7th, but we were talking about young players.

Laying the blame for not getting into the Top 4 cannot be squarely placed on the shoulders of Lucas FFS, its ludicrous.
    I know there is months between, which just shows the difference in developing players United and Liverpool have. United didn't start Hernandez straight away or Anderson. They slowly eased them into. So do you think Kenny should buy another striker?

Carroll however is aready used to English football and doesn't need to be eases in as much as the young foreign lads. Ye could possibly do with anotehr body up there but ye also have bigger needs elsewhere.
    Why would I be biased? :confused: The reason I am not fixating on Henderson is because I don't expect him to start 30+ games this season for us. I've said it a few times he's about 2 years off being good enough to start for us on a regular basis. I'd be even more worried if Henderson was starting for us all the time then I would be with Carroll.

Would you be on his back after only one game like you seem to be with Carroll?

Like how it did with Insua?

Well some of the abuse that kid got from some of you lot was uncalled for alright.

Laying the blame for not getting into the Top 4 cannot be squarely placed on the shoulders of Lucas FFS, its ludicrous.

That's why I didn't squarely lay the blame on him.
    Carroll however is aready used to English football and doesn't need to be eases in as much as the young foreign lads. Ye could possibly do with anotehr body up there but ye also have bigger needs elsewhere..

Anderson has been at United since 2007. How long does he need? Nani also was signed in 2007 and after a few years of being eased he's now ready. I don't think throwing players in at 22 with a sink or swim attitude is the right way to do it.

Would you be on his back after only one game like you seem to be with Carroll?

Well some of the abuse that kid got from some of you lot was uncalled for alright.

I'm not basing any of this of one game. The whole argument has been about what IF he is struggling in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

opr wrote: »
    Make of this what you want but she is usually fairly decent and doesn't post BS.

Opr

Wow. I have never seen a tweet that says so little. I would assume all clubs are following players for future windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wigans Hugo Rodallega is running down his contract (expires next summer) by refusing to commit. A good forth choice striker come aux winger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Anderson has been at United since 2007. How long does he need? Nani also was signed in 2007 and after a few years of being eased he's now ready. I don't think throwing players in at 22 with a sink or swim attitude is the right way to do it.

I'm not basing any of this of one game. The whole argument has been about what IF he is struggling in January.

I don't see what you're arguing about here.

If Carroll is struggling in January then good management will have to kick in and try and find out what the problem is.
    Last resort is to dump him out of the side and move him on.

Talking about how other players were introduced is pointless as all players are different. After all, Rooney was a regular first team player at 16-17.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

looking forward to the Next Generation U-19 tournament tonight, great opportunity for the young lads against high level opposition at Anfield.

Sporting Lisbon are a great young outfit by all accounts. Live on LFC TV tonight too. Neil Mellor is in the studio for it, should be a good substitute for our lack of midweek games with no Europa league :pac:

Shelvey and Robinson are in the squad for it

I'm going to have a stab at the line up:

Belford

Regan--Wisdom
    Sama--Robinson

Coady
    Shelvey

---Suso
    Adorjan--Sterling

Morgan

You more than once cited him specifically as a major reason for it. Deeply unfair, as below:
    Lucas would have developed if he was wasn't asked to perform straight away, would have taken longer but maybe we wouldn't have had at least two seasons without Champions league.

Getting into the specifics of United players and their development is going way off the point. The core issue here is the way certain fans, yourself included seem to want instant results out of younger players who are far from the finished article, when any sensble observer would take their age and potential to improve into any reasoned analysis.

The whole argument has been about looking beyond January and seeing the bigger picture which you continually fail to do. You sem almost to expect him to struggle, which ties into how you have been towards him from day 1 tbh.

I don't see what you're arguing about here.

If Carroll is struggling in January then good management will have to kick in and try and find out what the problem is.
    Last resort is to dump him out of the side and move him on.

Talking about how other players were introduced is pointless as all players are different. After all, Rooney was a regular first team player at 16-17.

I never said move him on. So you think Flanagan should be playing this saturday?
    You more than once cited him specifically as a major reason for it. Deeply unfair, as below:

Not notice the use of the word "maybe" in there? I never said Lucas is the reason we didn't make champions league. I don't think it's that outragous a claim to say if we had done a better job of replacing Alonso we would have finished 4th.

Getting into the specifics of United players and their development is going way off the point. The core issue here is the way certain fans, yourself included seem to want instant results out of younger players who are far from the finished article, when any sensble observer would take their age and potential to improve into any reasoned analysis.

I want results from players who are going to be in our starting 11 for 30+ games a season. Whether your 18 or 30 it doesn't matter to me.
    The whole argument has been about looking beyond January and seeing the bigger picture which you continually fail to do. You sem almost to expect him to struggle, which ties into how you have been towards him from day 1 tbh.

Of course I expect him to struggle, I expect all new signings to struggle a bit. It's very rare you'll get a Saurez who will be excellent straight away. What I don't expect is someone to struggle and not have to earn his place in the starting 11.

Not notice the use of the word "maybe" in there? I never said Lucas is the reason we didn't make champions league. I don't think it's that outragous a claim to say if we had done a better job of replacing Alonso we would have finished 4th.

You certainly seem to have singled him out as a major reason ye didn't make it. Have you not learned your lesson from the fact that for all the whinging then ye now have a serious player on your hands? Yet here we have history about to repeat itself over again.
    I want results from players who are going to be in our starting 11 for 30+ games a season. Whether your 18 or 30 it doesn't matter to me.

Stop bringing up the ages of players then like you did with the United lads!
    Of course I expect him to struggle, I expect all new signings to struggle a bit. It's very rare you'll get a Saurez who will be excellent straight away. What I don't expect is someone to struggle and not have to earn his place in the starting 11.
    Thats fine, but your analysis of him as a player and of his fee has to acknowledge the long time he could be a part of your team's plans and how good he could become given time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

still this sh.it !!!!!!

after how many pages.. get a room ye two ffs.

You certainly seem to have singled him out as a major reason ye didn't make it. Have you not learned your lesson from the fact that for all the whinging then ye now have a serious player on your hands? Yet here we have history about to repeat itself over again.

Well in terms on the pitch he be one of a few reasons. Yes I obviously haven't learnt a lesson about being happy about performing worse on the pitch so we can have a good player a few years late. You don't need to play someone every game to develop them either.

Stop bringing up the ages of players then like you did with the United lads!

This is why were talking about it originally.
    Its not as if teams like United and Arsenal haven't had a much more widespread policy of developing young talent than Liverpool the past decade and they've managed to stay in the Top 4 on an almost comnstant basis.

^ that was what original started the point, the ages of young players and game time is was used to point out the differences in how both teams developed talent.

Thats fine, but your analysis of him as a player and of his fee has to acknowledge the long time he could be a part of your team's plans and how good he could become given time.

I've no problem if it takes a long time, I just don't want us to rely on him to be our main goalscorer while it's taking a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

barone wrote: »
    still this sh.it !!!!!!

after how many pages.. get a room ye two ffs.

Down with debate on forums, down with it :D

Carroll is going to do a job for us this year, lets just wait and see how good a job it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Liverpool team - Belford - Wisdom - Robinson - Sama - McGiveron - Coady - Sterling - Shelvey - Morgan - Suso - Silva

Strong team IMO

I never said move him on. So you think Flanagan should be playing this saturday?

Well in an earlier post you said this:
    How am I putting unrealistic expectations by expecting him to score some goals? He's 22, not 17. I'm not expecint a Torres like return but he's only scored a handful by Jan then we'd really need to look at bringing in a striker if we want to give us the best chance of 4th.

Now that reads to most people that you think he should be replaced in January and when people react to that you change it that we should sign another striker to help him. It's just total bollocks in my opinion.

As for Flanagan, it's a tough one, but I think he should not be judged on one mistake. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play on Saturday, throw him back in.

You know I've heard/read post match interviews with Kenny and Flanagan and they're not making half as big a deal about that goal as internet warriors are.
    If every player was dropped because of a mistake then we'd need a very large squad.
    Name me one defender who has not made a mistake that has directly led to a goal?

http://www.norwaysport.co.uk/Norgeidrett3/

Excellent stream

Gone now :(

It's back!

Flannagan made one mistake and i wouldn't be too worried about it.

What i would be worried about is if he made the same mistake again sometime soon.

I thought Carroll played well on Saturday and took the disallowed goal well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

i could have sworn the commentator said poulsen was on the bench haha :D
    turns out it was adorjan

amiable wrote: »
    Liverpool team - Belford - Wisdom - Robinson - Sama - McGiveron - Coady - Sterling - Shelvey - Morgan - Suso - Silva

Strong team IMO

Looks good. Great to be back in Europe.:D

Looking forward to seeing Sterling & Suso!

Just something about the name Suso (apart from his ability) that makes me think he's going to make it!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Looks good. Great to be back in Europe.:D

Looking forward to seeing Sterling & Suso!

Just something about the name Suso (apart from his ability) that makes me think he's going to make it!

When a player's got one name you know he's going to make it

Great tackle from Robbo in the corner and lol at the push on the Lisbon player

Followed by a stonking through ball from Shelvey to Silva, little too strong.

Do you think Sterling will fill out as he gets older. He really looks like a child running around the pitch. I hope that doesn't hold him back!

• Advertisement

When a player's got one name you know he's going to make it
    That must be why Djemba Djemba was crap? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is match thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

literally just cursed them...opened a link to see sporting nab a goal

Well in an earlier post you said this:

Now that reads to most people that you think he should be replaced in January and when people react to that you change it that we should sign another striker to help him. It's just total bollocks in my opinion.

As for Flanagan, it's a tough one, but I think he should not be judged on one mistake. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play on Saturday, throw him back in.

You know I've heard/read post match interviews with Kenny and Flanagan and they're not making half as big a deal about that goal as internet warriors are.
    If every player was dropped because of a mistake then we'd need a very large squad.
    Name me one defender who has not made a mistake that has directly led to a goal?

It pretty clear what I said. I never once said he should be sold. Even in the piece you highlighted I never said he should be sold. I changed it to clarify my point as people didn't seem to understand.

It pretty clear what I said. I never once said he should be sold. Even in the piece you highlighted I never said he should be sold. I changed it to clarify my point as people didn't seem to understand.

Why are you being so pedantic in what you said? You said that LFC should look at getting another striker f he hasn't scored loads of goals by January.

Sold or not doesn't matter. You're saying that he should be deemed a failure if he's not scoring loads of goals by January.

Why are you being so pedantic in what you said? You said that LFC should look at getting another striker f he hasn't scored loads of goals by January.

Sold or not doesn't matter. You're saying that he should be deemed a failure if he's not scoring loads of goals by January.

I'm not being pedantic, I just wish people would read what I said instead of mis-interpreting it. I wouldn't mind but I've made it pretty clear from the start what I meant, this was my third post on the whole issue.
    I know, but I do think if he's not performing by Christmas we really need to look at other options until Carroll is developed.

However you still don't/can't understand. Again I never once said he should be deemed a failure, if you think him not scoring goals by January is a failure then that is your opinion, but don't try and make out it is mine.

• Advertisement

I'm not being pedantic, I just wish people would read what I said instead of mis-interpreting it. I wouldn't mind but I've made it pretty clear from the start what I meant, this was my third post on the whole issue.

However you still don't/can't understand. Again I never once said he should be deemed a failure, if you think him not scoring goals by January is a failure then that is your opinion, but don't try and make out it is mine.

Ok, I give up!

bang_my_head_against_the_wall_by_EeveeBlossom.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

If he hasn't scored a heap of goals by January then he needs a solid kick up the hole. He's big enough and ugly enough to score them now. None of this couple-of-years-to-develop crap that you keep ranting on about.

Fowler and Owen were pumping goals left right and centre when they were still in their teens. Andy wasn't that bad against Sunderland. I just don't think he's a world beater. Touch of the Duncan Ferguson about him.

If he hasn't scored a heap of goals by January then he needs a solid kick up the hole. He's big enough and ugly enough to score them now. None of this couple-of-years-to-develop crap that you keep ranting on about.

Fowler and Owen were pumping goals left right and centre when they were still in their teens. Andy wasn't that bad against Sunderland. I just don't think he's a world beater. Touch of the Duncan Ferguson about him.

Never said a couple of years, I said he'd need good management to get him through a difficult time.

You really do have a lovely way of talking to people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

This whole argument is so stupid, Lets all see what he does for liverpool then you can make comments.He could get injured against arsenal and miss months and have no goals by christmas does that mean he would be a failure?I think him and suarez could be great together but nobody know so give them a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Shut up - JUST SHUT UP!!

FFS

SHUT UP

Ah no yis er grand actually.

HOW MUCH DID CARROLL COST ANYWAY!

WAS THAT "NET" SPEND???

HOW ARE THE ACCOUNTS ATM??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement