Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Jesus, Andy getting grief for stuff that hasn't even happened yet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ardinn wrote: »
    Shut up - JUST SHUT UP!!

FFS

SHUT UP

Ah no yis er grand actually.

HOW MUCH DID CARROLL COST ANYWAY!

WAS THAT "NET" SPEND???

HOW ARE THE ACCOUNTS ATM??

LUCAS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

No he didn't score against sunderland which is why he's crap obviously :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ardinn wrote: »
    BEAST

Well played...

lucas_leiva.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Looks like Pacheco could be off.
    dani37pacheco Daniel Pacheco
    Im at home (málaga) waiting news on my future, and everything should be done THIS week, and will know it very soon. So unlucky at world cup!

Opr

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Unfortunate, but I don't think he was going to get a look in at Liverpool though, so can understand him wanting out really. now would be a good time to insist on buyback or at least excellent % of future fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No rumours or press speculation about it? Ideally he should get a loan deal in the Premiership for me to see how he gets on.

Tories seem to be dragging their feet on publication of the Government Hillsborough papers. Seems the BBC want to be able to publish them as is, Cameron wants a panel to review them and then release them, would delay it to 2012 and we'd probably get "sensitive" information withheld.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Our manager is a legend.
    kennethdalglish: Please sign this petition and RT. Think it is very important that we support this. http://t.co/saPVsOf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Our manager is a legend.

Always was, always will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Lads, do any of you know if Irish signatures count in the petition? You need to enter an address.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lads, do any of you know if Irish signatures count in the petition? You need to enter an address.

I tried earlier and saw the following...

"You must be a UK citizen or normally live in the UK to create or sign e-petitions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You need an address in the UK. I used my addy back home so was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I signed it using BT1 1AA as postcode ... Belfast sorting office. Just put down your from the UK. Get as many signatures as possible!

GBX wrote: »
    I signed it using BT1 1AA as postcode ... Belfast sorting office. Just put down your from the UK. Get as many signatures as possible!

Done, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Thanks lads. I'm now a resident of Belfast and petition signed and delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

GBX wrote: »

cheers mate,done

Thanks lads. I'm now a resident of Belfast and petition signed and delivered.

yeah, feels a bit strange - all of a sudden I'm a uk citizen:eek:

• Advertisement

Done, just used an old address I had when living in London.

If it gets 100,000 signatures it may be considered for debate in Westminster so it is worthwhile.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Just make sure to check your email and click on the link to confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Signed get it on your facebook page and twitter if you have one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

shock shock horror horror..

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Just signed the petition there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Joey Barton also tweeting the link to the petition
    @Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
    Please sign this petition, the truth about hillsborough must come out, all football fans should join together ! epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199

47 minutes ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    yeah, feels a bit strange - all of a sudden I'm a uk citizen:eek:

Brits out! :pac:

Kenny Dalglish is supposedly set to offer £10M, David Ngog and Raheem Sterling (loan) for Gary Cahill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

FYG wrote: »
    Kenny Dalglish is supposedly set to offer £10M, David Ngog and Raheem Sterling (loan) for Gary Cahill.

Saw that on Twitter too, so take it with a large pinch of salt.

I really wonder how info gets out on 'supposed bids'.

If it were true, and it would be good for Sterling to get a loan deal. Also if Ngog does go then I'm convinced will sign another striker before window closes.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Saw that on Twitter too, so take it with a large pinch of salt.

I really wonder how info gets out on 'supposed bids'.

Seems fairly reliable from what I've seen though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

FYG wrote: »

Sterling is only 16, he's nowhere ready fro first tem Pl football and as such would be better off staying in Liverpool'syouth team for another couple of years surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sterling is only 16, he's nowhere ready fro first tem Pl football and as such would be better off staying in Liverpool'syouth team for another couple of years surely?

My first thoughts exactly. As good as he is I cannot see how he would get game time or any beneficial out of a loan to Bolton.

Only thing I can think of is if Bolton want him on loan to get a better look of him and have the option to sign him. But that would be madness and I'm sure everyone here would be against it.

flahavaj wrote: »

Ok, I thought he was a little older, just checked and he'll be 17 in December.

You're right, can't see Coyle playing him, also he's bloody tiny! He should grow up in the academy!

Pacheco makes more sense.

K-9 wrote: »
    Pacheco makes more sense.

Could that tie in with tweet from him saying his future could be sorted this week?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Could that tie in with tweet from him saying his future could be sorted this week?

Don't think anybody knows.

But a loan move to Bolton was suggested previously, think it was mentioned on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

During El Classico last nite, when Fabregas came on, the commentator said something along the lines of "finally Fabregas gets to wear the Barcelona jersey for real, not just in pictures with the Spanish team when Pepe Reina forces him to put one over his head" (or something along those lines)

Anyone know what that was about??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

PTO wrote: »
    During El Classico last nite, when Fabregas came on, the commentator said something along the lines of "finally Fabregas gets to wear the Barcelona jersey for real, not just in pictures with the Spanish team when Pepe Reina forces him to put one over his head" (or something along those lines)

Anyone know what that was about??

Just Reina buzzing with Fabregas at their world cup homecoming

bc233__92828_cesc-fabregas-dipaksa-kenakan-kostum-barcelona_300_225.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was a toe-curling moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was a toe-curling moment.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

sterling31raheem sterling ✔

Every 1 nothing has been said 2 me about a bolton deal i know as much as you but atm im 2 young 2 go anywhere im 16 youve gotta be 17

That's put that silly rumour to bed

K-9 wrote: »

if he's not, then we definately are bringing in a new striker surely and hopefully a CB -if not Cahill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

I think a centre half is definite and I'd love to see another striking option come through.

Would love to see Sturridge come in as the striking alternative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Don't think it will be Shawcross or Cahill.
    Though, more likely Cahill than Shawcross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'd prefer a striker to a defender tbh.

I think our CB options are strong enough to get top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

flanzer wrote: »
    Just Reina buzzing with Fabregas at their world cup homecoming

bc233__92828_cesc-fabregas-dipaksa-kenakan-kostum-barcelona_300_225.jpg

I'd imagine Arsenal fans loved that!!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'd prefer a striker to a defender tbh.

I think our CB options are strong enough to get top 4.

I'd think the opposite. We are good going forward and I expect a far greater variety and quantity of goals this year than last year.
    "When" Agger gets injured we are vulnerable in that position. Rio and Vidic got injured in the same game last week. Can you imagine if Agger and Carra got injured in the same game!!
    We need a CB, preferably one who has played and done well in the league.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'd think the opposite. We are good going forward and I expect a far greater variety and quantity of goals this year than last year.
    "When" Agger gets injured we are vulnerable in that position. Rio and Vidic got injured in the same game last week. Can you imagine if Agger and Carra got injured in the same game!!
    We need a CB, preferably one who has played and done well in the league.

Yep, Agger had a dead leg after the Sunderland match but will be fit for Arsenal thank God. With Skrtel out it wouldn't have left many options.

From the press conference Johnson is the only doubt and Gerrard is doing "brilliant".

• Advertisement

At least this year he won't have the travelling and game time of European games, so any little niggle will hopefully have time enough to heal. Same can be said for Suarez as the constant 'off season' football is bound to catch up with him. I can only presume the pair of them ( in particular)won't be near the team sheet for the cups - unless we are really up against a top team perhaps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement