Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

101001 wrote: »
    awww. I always knew you were one of us

x

:pac:

We, as in those who might feel duty bound to say such insightful things.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

flahavaj wrote: »
    Does this mean we are back to Liverpool being a one-man team again?:pac:

A bit of a slip there Fla?:D

EDIT:101001 got there ahead of me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Would definietly like to spend on another striker/forward/attacker. Before we relied to on Torres, Gerrard and Alonso, then it was Gerrard and Torres and now It seems we are down to just Saurez. If we missed Saurez for an extended period or his form dipped they I think we'd really struggle, even more so if we get rid of aquilani.
    slingerz wrote: »
    Now its Carroll, Downing, Kuyt, Gerrard, Adam, Meireles....

who are all sh1te according to some.

:pac:

We, as in those who might feel duty bound to say such insightful things in our faux Manchester Waterford accents.;)

:D:D:pac:

I am still giggling at Bateman's post to you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Is Maxi still on our books? With all the talk of Aqua and Meireles, I completely forgot about his existence for a while there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Jesus you'd swear Hodgson was still in charge and Dick and Dom still owners with some of the misery being spread here.

mike65 wrote: »
    who are all sh1te according to some.

Think I can safely say that I have not seen any of the other four called ****e on here. A few have questioned one player or the other, but defo not seen anyone just write them off as ****e.

Must be your old eyes not seeing quite right.;)

The-Rigger

He is and according to yesterdays papers is looking forward to the competition for a place*

* the sort of thing one has to come out with at times like this when you are squad player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Kess73 wrote: »
    A bit of a slip there Fla?:D

I can actually feel the love. Warms the cockels of my heart so it does

• Advertisement

:D:D:pac:

I am still giggling at Bateman's post to you. :)

A wierd cross between John Mullane and Tyrone from Corrie.:pac:

Jesus you'd swear Hodgson was still in charge and Dick and Dom still owners with some of the misery being spread here.

What a sobering thought. One that makes me very grateful for who we have managing and owning the club right now.

A wierd cross between John Mullane and Tyrone from Corrie.:pac:

Ahh now, it has to be done in a Dan the Man Shanahan crossed with Terry Christian type voice. :D

Actually I think from now on when I read your posts I will imagine them as being typed by Terry Christian:pac::pac:

Ahh now, it has to be done in a Dan the Man Shanahan crossed with Terry Christian type voice. :D

Actually I think from now on when I read your posts I will imagine them as being typed by Terry Christian:pac::pac:

I already read yours a la Lily Savage.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

mixednuts wrote: »
    I fear for Suarez after Christmas if we keep playing him every game .

He may be alright now but its the later part of the season that fatigue and heart rates suffer from a summer tournament .

Ah will ya stop. He's a young man at the peak of his fitness. Surely if he has something wrong with his heart it would've been noticed by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

We have it too good now, that's our problem. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Does this mean we are back to Liverpool being a one-man team again?:pac:

WE might be, but I wouldn't think so.
    It will be interesting to see the spread of goals scored and assists made at the end of the year.

Anyone notice that nearly a week has passed since Aquilanis agent last issued a press-release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

slingerz wrote: »
    Now its Suarez, Carroll, Downing, Kuyt, Gerrard, Adam, Meireles....

None of those players are a patch on Suarez though. Suarez has the ability to attract multiple defenders to him which helps create space for other players. If you take him out of the starting 11 Downing is the only player who has that ability. Not only that but he's excellent link up man as well.

I already read yours a la Lily Savage.:pac:

Would sooner be thought of as sounding like or looking like Lily Savage than Terry Christian. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Anyone notice that nearly a week has passed since Aquilanis agent last issued a press-release?

Thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Think we were a bit hasty to get rid of the previous owners tbh.

He is still playing with three concrete blocks somewhere in the Mersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eldwaro wrote: »

I have watched that video so many times.

Don't know which I prefer: Kenny behaving how we all would by telling Wenger where to go or Wenger's reaction and indignant look. Brilliant!

It really is a classic. Wenger wanted to say "I didn't see it " but was probably afraid to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Europa league back again tonight, thank christ we never qualified for it. Well done Kenny & the lads at the end of last season ;)

*Not missing the Europa League* may be my next sig. :)

(I remain certain Dalglish engineered that "collapse" to avoid 5th place)

Cahill chitter chatter has ramped up in the last hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Can't wait for saturday. Thank god were on at 12:45 roll out of bed and straight to the pub!

Rory Smith twits that Nabil El Zhar is now with Levante.

One by one...

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Whatever you think of Joey Barton, I have to say fair play to him with regards to the Hillsborough petition. It's all he has been talking about on Twitter.
    Everybody sign this petition, the truth about hillsborough must come out, all football fans should join together !
    Every signature counts, we need over a 100k to have it heard in parliament, please sign it really matters. #justice
    After u have signed, make sure u validate it in the inbox of ur email account. Only that way ur signature will count. Thanks alot
    @Guy_Garvey could u lend us ur signature please epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199
    Lets keep pushing this petition as there needs to honesty and transparency for the families. This is about football fans #jft96
    @piersmorgan Piersy, could u please use ur following to help push this petition through. Unless of course, u r against it?
    @Lord_Sugar could u please use ur following to push the petition through. Would be appreciated and a worth while cause. Make a difference...
    We should just lobby people with big followings. This is a topic thats relevant to all of us and about time the families got closure #jft96
    Am goin to annoy everyone and make no comments about anything, until theres 100k signatures on this petition. So get it signed, takes 30secs

And more... Fair play anyway.

• Advertisement

34,500 approx now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

FYG wrote: »

Including Lady Gaga! :D

Link lads. And what do you put as the postcode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Nabil El Zhar contract was terminated and he has since signed for Levante. Another one bites the dust!
    rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
    Tremendous news: I *think* Nabil El Zhar has signed for Levante. I'll always remember the look on Gerrard's face at Hull last year...
    rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
    ...when he saw El Zhar scampering ahead of him and three defenders converging on him, with time running out. It was a look that said: "Nah."

Opr

*ahem* /\

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

FYG wrote: »
    Whatever you think of Joey Barton, I have to say fair play to him with regards to the Hillsborough petition. It's all he has been talking about on Twitter.

Love the "unless of course, u r against?" comment towards Morgan. Even when fighting for a good cause, he's still on the wind up! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

xabi just retweeted the petition now true red :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

People saying signing petition without being from UK could ruin the credibility of it and could possibly get it ignored. What does everyone think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Is there any chance that too many 'pseudo' signatures could disturb the epetition?. Has anyone addressed that at all lads?

Finical wrote: »
    People saying signing petition without being from UK could ruin the credibility of it and could possibly get it ignored. What does everyone think?

I would imagine the validity of the e-mail address would do. Don't know if someone has a job of checking anything else.

Finical wrote: »

I would have thought that an epetition, and the postcodes within it, would be run off against the electoral register but i couldn't say for sure.

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    xabi just retweeted the petition now true red :D

So did Yossi... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd say it is better not to sign it if not a UK citizen or resident.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I signed using an address I used to live at over there.

5starpool wrote: »
    I signed using an address I used to live at over there.

Same.

I was looking around there, and as of the end of May this year there was no verification mechanism built into epetitions to keep them to UK only residents. I dont know if it has changed since then but there seems to be a random sampling procedure in the event of over 100k sigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

fcukkkkk me

Porto just made a profit of 36 million on Falcao. Looks like we aren't the only ones going mad and overpaying. He's gone to Athletico btw.

Really not seen much of him at all. I know he was scoring for fun but that was in Portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Dr Galen wrote: »
    fcukkkkk me

Porto just made a profit of 36 million on Falcao. Looks like we aren't the only ones going mad and overpaying. He's gone to Athletico btw.

Really not seen much of him at all. I know he was scoring for fun but that was in Portugal.

He looks to me to be a real class act, great finisher, movement and strong in the air, this is just what I have seen of him in Europe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/el-zhar-to-leave-reds
    Liverpool Football Club this evening confirmed they have reached agreement to release Nabil El Zhar from his Anfield contract.
    spacer.gif

The player is now expected to join Spanish side Levante, who have announced on their website they expect to finalise a two-year deal in the coming days.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement