Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dr Galen wrote: »
    fcukkkkk me

Porto just made a profit of 36 million on Falcao. Looks like we aren't the only ones going mad and overpaying. He's gone to Athletico btw.

Really not seen much of him at all. I know he was scoring for fun but that was in Portugal.

I don't know how they do it. Buy low sell high but keep winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joe cole next hopefully

EDIT: And Degen, sneek peek on the official site, still no squad number for Degen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    joe cole next hopefully
    Please please please make it be so mister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They do it buy crating up dozens of young children in South America and keeping them in dungeons fed on nothing but chorizo and goats cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

murpho999 wrote: »
    Do you think Sterling will fill out as he gets older. He really looks like a child running around the pitch. I hope that doesn't hold him back!

I actually thought that at one point when he got that head injury, the medical staff came onto the pitch and were holding his head, He looked so small it was like one of those concern ads were the mama is cradling her child. Freaked me out a little.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

fcukkkkk me

Porto just made a profit of 36 million on Falcao. Looks like we aren't the only ones going mad and overpaying. He's gone to Athletico btw.

Really not seen much of him at all. I know he was scoring for fun but that was in Portugal.

It's a similar situation to us with Newcastle. The fee for Carroll was directly related to the money we got from chelsea. Athletico had a large wedge from city to shift.

Sterling was even smaller last season, funny how that happens (they are children lets not forget and some develop later than others)

mike65 wrote: »
    Sterling was even smaller last season, funny how that happens (they are children lets not forget and some develop later than others)

Yeah, i did notice at the u-17's and the pre-season appearance he has grown a bit.

I still had quite a bit to grow at his age too.

Gerty wrote: »
    I actually thought that at one point when he got that head injury, the medical staff came onto the pitch and were holding his head, He looked so small it was like one of those concern ads were the mama is cradling her child. Freaked me out a little.
    Messi,Pele,Maradona etc.. Height should'nt be an issue tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's not just height, it's muscle. Messi may be 5ft7, but he's got a lot of muscle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

fcukkkkk me

Sorry I know this isn't Liverpool related but I just find it very interesting. I did a little digging after they picked up Defour for what seems a steal.

Porto seem to be a money making machine in the transfer market. I found some of the figures listed on another website when I was doing a quick search.

Pepe - Real Madrid - €30m - (Signed for €2m from Maritimo)
    Lisandro Lopez - Lyon - €24m - (Signed for €3.5m from Racing Club)
    Ricardo Carvalho - Chelsea - €23m
    Jose Bosingwa - Chelsea - €20.5m
    Ricardo Quaresma - Inter - 18.5m - (Signed for €6m from Barcelona)
    Deco - Barcelona - €18m
    Anderson - Man Utd - €20m - (Signed for €8m from Gremio)
    Lucho Gonzalez - Marseille - €17.5m - (Signed for €6m from River Plate)
    Maniche - Dinamo Moscow - €16m
    Aly Cissokho - Lyon - €15m - (Signed for €300k from Setubal)
    Paulo Ferreira - Chelsea - €15m
    Raul Merelies - Liverpool - €12m (Signed from Boavista)
    Bruno Alves - Zenit - €22m

From Swissramble

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/portos-buy-low-sell-high-strategy.html
    The numbers are simply incredible for a club of Porto’s size. Since that Champions League win in 2004, the club has raked in almost €350 million revenue from player sales

When you look at the Falcao deal and the other rumoured players they could sell this window its incredible such as Hulk and Pereira.

Does anyone have a list of the players they have bought in this window ? If I was other clubs I would just watch what they are doing and try hi-jack the deals :p

Opr

Sorry, i was only making a joke. I'm not worried at all about that. Just was a picture where you could only see his head in the arms of the medical staff and it reminded me of that is all.

Never to mind.

It's not just height, it's muscle. Messi may be 5ft7, but he's got a lot of muscle.
    True but anyone can put on muscle with the right training.
    Not that i think he's gonna be anyway near as good as those three. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

opr wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list of the players they have bought in this window ? If I was other clubs I would just watch what they are doing and try hi-jack the deals :p

Opr

Or try to poach their scouting network!

Sorry, i was only making a joke. I'm not worried at all about that. Just was a picture where you could only see his head in the arms of the medical staff and it reminded me of that is all.

Never to mind.
    Nah it's cool i got the joke, only pointing out i don't think height is an issue. My bad.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yeah, i did notice at the u-17's and the pre-season appearance he has grown a bit.

I still had quite a bit to grow at his age too.

He's still only 2 foot nothing though. He is a god botherer as well I see from his twitter tagline "Lord please guıde an protect me".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Some updates on Cahill

@bensmith_TimesBen Smith
    Still getting questions on Gary Cahill. #LFC are not pursuing this one.

Not sure how reliable he is ????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Some updates on Cahill

@bensmith_TimesBen Smith

Very Reliable IMO

He is not reliable if he is giving the "wrong" answer ;)

• Advertisement

It's on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Some updates on Cahill

@bensmith_TimesBen Smith

Supposely Prefers Arsenal.

But they is signing Scott Dann!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Supposely Prefers Arsenal.

Really:confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

Was Dann not suppose to be going to Arsenal? Everyday it's different! El Zhar is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    Was Dann not suppose to be going to Arsenal? Everyday it's different! El Zhar is gone

Cahill could end up going nowhere at this rate. Supposedly Arsenal haven't bid either.

I'd say it's big PL clubs waiting until near the end of the transfer deadline and the price dropping.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Sterling already rubbished this story this morning :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

amiable wrote: »
    Sterling already rubbished this story this morning :)

Thought I might give someone false hope :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

preety shure we will sign either dann or cahill within days but ill be EXTREMELY dissapointed if we dont sign another quality striker, we just cannot challenge the top teams with 2 strikers who will eventually get injured!..why the fcuk didnt we try sign adebayor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

MarkY91 wrote: »
    preety shure we will sign either dann or cahill within days but ill be EXTREMELY dissapointed if we dont sign another quality striker, we just cannot challenge the top teams with 2 strikers who will eventually get injured!..why the fcuk didnt we try sign adebayor ?

Hopefully because he is a money hungry mercenary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

fcukkkkk me

Could have been ours for pittance if Rafa had any bit of a transfer kitty

http://www.mmail.com.my/content/6964-reds-try-hijack-falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Could have been ours for pittance if Rafa had any bit of a transfer kitty

http://www.mmail.com.my/content/6964-reds-try-hijack-falcao

Have lost count of the players that we missed out on like this. Depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

https://submissions.epetitions.direc...petitions/2199

100,000 signatures needed so that the UK government disclose the files of Hillsborough. Use LFC's address if outside the UK. This is important regardless of what club you support. Spread the word.

Also take a look:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/13/hillsborough-disaster-police-south-yorkshire-liverpool?cat=football&type=article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    https://submissions.epetitions.direc...petitions/2199

100,000 signatures needed so that the UK government disclose the files of Hillsborough. Use LFC's address if outside the UK. This is important regardless of what club you support. Spread the word.

Also take a look:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/13/hillsborough-disaster-police-south-yorkshire-liverpool?cat=football&type=article
    It's been discussed a page or 2 back as well and not a dig at you or anyone who has signed it but much as we all want to support this I think it may be best if people outside the UK don't sign it, at least not unless they have a valid UK address/postcode.
    From the momentum built so quickly and the many high profile support being received it will sail past the required 100k signatures so best if the validity of the petition isn't comprimised in any way due to 'invalid' signatures.
    Not sure what checks they perform on the signatures, presumably random sampling, just think this is too important to have it's integrity called into question in any way.

Joey Barton is really getting stuck in to it.
    Credit where credit is due so fair play to him. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Chelsea have apparently bid 27million for Mata....these transfer windows last top long.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Chelsea have apparently bid 27million for Mata....these transfer windows last top long.

Arsenal are really missing the boat with all their procrastination in the transfer window. They could have gotten mata couple of weeks ago for less than £20m before his release clause lapsed. But if Chelsea get him its all the better for LFC to finish in the top 4 :D.

In other LFC news.

* Rayo Vallecano are closing in on the loan signing of Liverpool forward Dani Pacheco. #LFC

* #LFC Martin Skrtel available for selection tommorow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Aresnal are really missing the boat with all their procrastination in the transfer window. They could have gotten mata couple of weeks ago for less than £20m before his release clause lapsed. But its all the better for LFC now to finish top 4 :D.
    In other LFC news.

* Rayo Vallecano are closing in on the loan signing of Liverpool forward Dani Pacheco. #LFC

* #LFC Martin Skrtel available for selection tommorow.

Yeah Arsenal fans must be rightly pissed off. Kinds makes our problem of over paying for certain players not seem so bad. :PAC:

Now that Falcao has joined Atleti for €40m+ could this mean Forlan might be on his way out. I think a partnership of him and Suarez would be deadly :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Now that Falcao has joined Atleti for €40m+ could this mean Forlan might be on his way out. I think a partnership of him and Suarez would be deadly :p

Very unlikely due to his age. Same goes for Bellamy & Benayoun and any other rumours of us signing players in the last years of their careers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Very unlikely due to his age. Same goes for Bellamy & Benayoun and any other rumours of us signing players in the last years of their careers.

Would any of ye be happy taking Yossi back? Is he over his injury/injuries now that kept him out so much at the start of his spell at Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Which is unfortunate because experienced, wily old back up goalscorer >>>>> young, inexperienced back up goalscorer.

I think a bit more dead wood needs to be cleared out. Any sign of cole or poulsen, maybe moving on?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Would any of ye be happy taking Yossi back? Is he over his injury/injuries now that kept him out so much at the start of his spell at Chelsea?

There's words of him being offered to spurs in the deal for Modric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

@SkySportsPeteO Pete O'Rourke
    Rayo Vallecano are closing in on the loan signing of Liverpool forward Dani Pacheco. #LFC

Glad that it seems we are looking to loan rather than a permanent deal but if he goes back to Spain I have doubts we will see him again anyway.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I havent seen much of Gary Cahill, but is he any use as a defender. Could do with a solid centre half(ala vidic,Terry,Sami) just wondering is he the guy to do the job if we were to sign him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

VW 1 wrote: »

I'd take him on a free. However, an under-contract injury-prone 30-something on Chelsea wages is basically the antithesis of the type of player we should be looking at.
    Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Which is unfortunate because experienced, wily old back up goalscorer >>>>> young, inexperienced back up goalscorer.

We have Kuyt. Bellamy and Benayoun have had serious injuries and are likely on wages exceeding a sensible level. They've also got years left on their respective contracts. I'm not sure what Forlan's situation is. If Atletico let him go on a free to save his wages - like they did for Maxi - I'd be glad to see him come in, but at his age he'd either be looking to play regularly or looking for a big payday. We shouldn't be offering him either.

If we're spending any money at all on signing a striker it should be on a younger player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Some updates on Cahill

@bensmith_TimesBen Smith

Very Reliable IMO

He's obviously now just following my lead.
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Don't think it will be Shawcross or Cahill.

The-Rigger #1 ITK as far as i'm concerned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The-Rigger #1 ITK as far as i'm concerned

Where's Lahm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement