Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think I should just get a twitter tbh, seems to be what gets people excited.
    Where's Lahm?

Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I think I should just get a twitter tbh, seems to be what gets people excited.

Munich.

When is moving to Liverpool?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    https://submissions.epetitions.direc...petitions/2199

100,000 signatures needed so that the UK government disclose the files of Hillsborough. Use LFC's address if outside the UK. This is important regardless of what club you support. Spread the word.

Also take a look:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/13/hillsborough-disaster-police-south-yorkshire-liverpool?cat=football&type=article

over 53000 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Sappy404 wrote: »
    We have Kuyt. Bellamy and Benayoun have had serious injuries and are likely on wages exceeding a sensible level. They've also got years left on their respective contracts. I'm not sure what Forlan's situation is.

We're linked with Bellamy? God.

Neither are of the same ilk of Forlan. If he's available at the right price and Kenny fancies a guy who will get you goals when called upon, there aren't many better. If Carroll or Suarez were out we have Kuyt and Ngog to call upon! Not great. I don't think his first stint in the PL will affect him either, but there'll be plenty in the media to remind us of it he does sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

HJC_OfficialHJC Official

Reminder not to put fake addresses on the epetition. It could put the whole thing in jeopardy. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    We're linked with Bellamy? God.

Neither are of the same ilk of Forlan. If he's available at the right price and Kenny fancies a guy who will get you goals when called upon, there aren't many better. If Carroll or Suarez were out we have Kuyt and Ngog to call upon! Not great. I don't think his first stint in the PL will affect him either, but there'll be plenty in the media to remind us of it he does sign.
    Forlan is 32 now and paying a big fee and massive wages would be a bad idea IMO

I'd imagine he'd want at least 100k a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Forlan would want at least a two or three year contract on those high wages aswell.

Also consider the fact that he's already failed to do it in England before and had a poor season last year, he would represent a big enough risk at 32 in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

amiable wrote: »

That won't happen again, picking up cheap players on high wages. While I don't think he's available, if he was I'm sure the club would be very wary and give him a take it or leave it kind of offer. If he accepts, great, if not, let him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

amiable wrote: »

The fee is 6m euro from what has been rumoured anyway. Hardly a fortune. I think he's off to Inter if they sell Sammy anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    I think a bit more dead wood needs to be cleared out. Any sign of cole or poulsen, maybe moving on?
    Rumours on another forum that Cole may be off to the MLS. I hope to god it's more than a rumour.

• Advertisement

Rumours on another forum that Cole may be off to the MLS. I hope to god it's more than a rumour.

It's a childhood dream of his apparantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Probably just a rumour. The transfer window for the MLS is closed until the end of their season. That's why the Robbie Keane deal happened so quickly, had to be in before the 14th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

He pulled out of the ground last Sat in his 7series BMW to a call of "will you ever **** off ?" from a disgruntled fan .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Chelsea have apparently bid 27million for Mata....these transfer windows last top long.

Arent they going for Modric too ? Really building up a strong sqaud of players there, no sign of budgeting

Forlan?? No thanks.

A old player past his best at this stage who would demand quite high wages. More like a Gillett and Hicks type signing.

Might be a quick fix but in the long run how's that gonna help us?

I'd prefer we sign youth tbh.

Daemonic wrote: »
    Probably just a rumour. The transfer window for the MLS is closed until the end of their season. That's why the Robbie Keane deal happened so quickly, had to be in before the 14th.

Thanks for ruining my lunch break.:mad:

mixednuts wrote: »
    He pulled out of the ground last Sat in his 7series BMW to a call of "will you ever **** off ?" from a disgruntled fan .

That fan was a tít for doing that. Same fella probably still boos Lucas.

He's still a Liverpool player and deserves respect despite him being shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Forlan?? No thanks.

A old player past his best at this stage who would demand quite high wages. More like a Gillett and Hicks type signing.

Might be a quick fix but in the long run how's that gonna help us?

I'd prefer we sign youth tbh.

quick fix to help us with CL qualification for next year, i'd take it...

Not to much respect mind. ;)

quick fix to help us with CL qualification for next year, i'd take it...

Yeah, but he was shíte in England before. Who's to say it'd be any different?

Although, he played well at Anfield iirc (with the help of Dudek :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Bit harsh to call Mixednuts a tit. He was only trying to look tough in front of his wife. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

think shaun wright phillips would be a good buy,on the cheap, good to have on the bench, and as a back up for injuries, think he's going for 2 mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bit harsh to call Mixednuts a tit. He was only trying to look tough in front of his wife. :p

Not me saying those horrid things to poor Joe .

But my wife knows what she married and she has been trying now for 6 years to reverse that decision :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

barone wrote: »
    think shaun wright phillips would be a good buy,on the cheap, good to have on the bench, and as a back up for injuries, think he's going for 2 mill.

Another Joe Cole IMO

barone wrote: »

No thanks !! Again, probably big wages to have on the bench.

Would he do much of a better job than say Maxi? I don't think so.

3/4 years ago maybe.

Another Joe Cole IMO

That sums it up really.

Both spent alot of their careers on big wages warming benches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mixednuts wrote: »
    Not me saying those horrid things to poor Joe .

But my wife knows what she married and she has been trying now for 6 years to reverse that decision :)

A likely tale. You forgot you were out in the real world and went on a Boardsie style rant against the man who is greater than Messi. :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

How do we think we'll line up tomorrow?

I'd go with
    Reina

Kelly         Carragher     Agger           Enrique

Adam        Lucas

Kuyt                                      Downing
                  Suarez  Carroll

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    How do we think we'll line up tomorrow?

I'd go with
    Reina
    Kelly Carragher Agger Enrique

Adam   Lucas
    Kuyt    Downing
     Suarez  Carroll

Couldn't argue too much with that team tbh.

Aqua for adam maybe but Adam hasn't done anything to warrent being dropped yet.

If he doesn't start I'd like to see Aqua get 30 mins at least, see what he can do in a big game for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Arent they going for Modric too ? Really building up a strong sqaud of players there, no sign of budgeting

Yep..I reckons Modricc is more likely to happen. Redknapp seems resigned to the fact he is going. Those two supplying Torres completely changes Chelsea.

Just a shame about Mata though...like most people here I was hoping he would stay another season and we would tempt him with CL football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any word on Johnson being fit? He was touch-and-go for the last game, wasn't he? I'd love to see himself and Enrique bombing forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Any word on Johnson being fit? He was touch-and-go for the last game, wasn't he? I'd love to see himself and Enrique bombing forward.

Skrtel and Johnson are fit, I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

Forlan didn't have a great time the last time he played in the prem. League. wiki quote
    Forlán's 17 goals in 95 appearances (goal every 5.5 games). For united.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I think he could start with two defensive midfielders and one attacking.

Adam as the attacking midfielder.

And Lucas with either Spearing or Henderson as the defensive midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    Forlan didn't have a great time the last time he played in the prem. League. wiki quote
    Forlán's 17 goals in 95 appearances (goal every 5.5 games). For united.

He got better as he grew older in fairness and the majority of those 95 appearances were from the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

25176.jpg
    stevie back but not fully training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Skrtel and Johnson are fit, I'm sure

Kenny was saying in the press conference that Johnson was doubtful and he was the only one, barring Gerrard obviously.

I've a notion Meireles might start instead of Adam.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

K-9 wrote: »

I've a notion Meireles might start instead of Adam.

cant see that happening meself...adam is a midfield boss...need that tomorrow cos arsenals mid is going to be a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

A midfield with Adam and Lucas would get destroyed by Arsenal's pace, Spearing's energy and pressing would be very important imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Adam wasn't greatt defensively against Sunderland and has never been throughout his career. It will take him awhile to improve in tha area and I don't think playing him against Arsenal would be a great idea. Also against Arsenal having someone like Aquilani who's better in position or Spearing who is better in defensive would work better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

A midfield with Adam and Lucas would get destroyed by Arsenal's pace, Spearing's energy and pressing would be very important imo.

Where's the link between Defense and Midfield then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Adam wasn't greatt defensively against Sunderland and has never been throughout his career. It will take him awhile to improve in tha area and I don't think playing him against Arsenal would be a great idea. Also against Arsenal having someone like Aquilani who's better in position or Spearing who is better in defensive would work better.

Or even Meireles. Hes not the strongest on the ball but hes much more mobile than Adam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

297248_258084720883270_167866666571743_910897_8062063_n.jpg
    luis16suarez luis suarez
    On the train going to London! En el tren de camino a Londres! fb.me/DsPEbITp

hey guys!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

danniemcq wrote: »
    297248_258084720883270_167866666571743_910897_8062063_n.jpg

hey guys!!!

God dammit I was about to post that :(

121701241ap055_liverpool_fc.jpg

121701241ap056_liverpool_fc.jpg

the ear flicking continues once again

also agger aquaman and kelly trained so squirtle and johnson are the only doubts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

eldwaro wrote: »
    also agger aquaman and kelly trained so squirtle and johnson are the only doubts

Skrtel has been confirmed fit AFAIK, dunno about Johnson though

Liverpool FC preparing to offload Christian Poulsen > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

Agent confirms he's been told to go.

Johnson the only doubt then and Gerrard and Aurelio still out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Poulsen and his agent must be pretty stupid if they thought there would be a starting place in the team for him...

Why did we wait till now to tell him?

Kev. wrote: »
    Poulsen and his agent must be pretty stupid if they thought there would be a starting place in the team for him...

Why did we wait till now to tell him?

He has been linked with Copenhagen before so it just sounds like they've got fed up waiting!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement