Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black cat, white paws, white stomach. Missing?

• 16-06-2011 2:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Right, need ideas. This cat followed me all the way home from the Folly, the ENTIRE way, and then when I finally thought I lost it it has turned up at my door and is now meowing to get in.

Anyone missing a black cat with white paws and a white stomach?

He's WAY too friendly to be a stray, and when I say he followed me I mean it. He stopped when I did, started when I did.

He's currently sitting outside my bedroom window meowing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Go let the poor little fooker in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Decode the miaows and you'll get this weeks winning euromillions numbers (can I get a cut???) In all seriousness hope the kitty makes it back home safe and sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Give him a bit of milk. Only thong though if ya do that he be back all them time. My fella always buggers off then comes back to me then for a rub and some food. Cats are a lot more able than dogs to piss off on their own and survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Perhaps you smell of cat food?

Just ignore the cat and don't feed it. It'll wander back down the folly soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Have a dog unfortunately, and the two of them just had a "startin one each other" moment.

Okay the situation has escalated. I thought he went away last night, but at around half 7 this morning the dog went ballistic. The cat tried to come in the back door. Dog ran towards it but it didn't flinch, has no fear at all. Anytime we open a door he's trying to get in it. If we let him in, theres a good possibility he won't stand for any of the dog's barking. She's already tried to hit him through the door.

This is both highly entertaining and confusing.

TL;DR We are currently being held hostage in the house by a cat.

Once she saw me through the door this morning she stared directly at me until I went away.....

Naw, the black is dark black, not grey, and has a white patch on it's chin.

I'm convinced it's too friendly to be a stray.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Give him a bit of milk. Only thong though if ya do that he be back all them time. My fella always buggers off then comes back to me then for a rub and some food. Cats are a lot more able than dogs to piss off on their own and survive.
    Given that he either came back this morning, or camped out all night, I fear he's adopted me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Right, need ideas. This cat followed me all the way home from the Folly, the ENTIRE way, and then when I finally thought I lost it it has turned up at my door and is now meowing to get in.

Anyone missing a black cat with white paws and a white stomach?

He's WAY too friendly to be a stray, and when I say he followed me I mean it. He stopped when I did, started when I did.

He's currently sitting outside my bedroom window meowing.

I might be totally of the mark here but this was poster here on 12/06
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056296360

I might be totally of the mark here but this was poster here on 12/06
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056296360
    Swap the colours basically, mostly black.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cristina82

Hi, my cat i also missing so i'm sure it's owners are looking for him/her, the best thing to do is call the Waterford SPCA 051 841432 and let them know you found a cat, you could also try the Waterford today, they will put an add in the paper free of charge

From Last Night:
    Photo0075_1.jpg

From 10 minutes ago. Returned when I opened the door:
    Photo0076_3.jpg
    Photo0077_3.jpg
    Photo0078_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

Have you tried talking to the cat, reasoning with it?

2Bv¬2B wrote: »
    Have you tried talking to the cat, reasoning with it?
    I'm sure he speaks English, but I don't speak cat unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm wondering if I should try start a conversation with it in LOLspeak.

I really wanna keep this guy now....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Do you know if the cat is male of female?
    Any collar?
    Is it's tail realllly bushy by any chance?
    Friend of mine is missing her cat (One in the posters) And it is indeed black, not grey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

ahhh, don't think its hers ): Got a friend to take a look at the pics and the cat thats missing is really fluffy ):

Nah no collar at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Judging by the fact that the cat is winding itself around your legs in all of the photos, I think he likes you Mitch!

Hope you find out who owns the little fella because he seems cool.

• Advertisement

Followed me to the gym and back earlier, he seems to be waiting outside whenever he sees me, but leaving once I'm out of sight.

Haven't given him anything yet, but hes wandering around neighbour's houses too so anyone could have fed him something tbh.

Sent stuff to WLR to see, but I kinda wanna keep him around now cos he's pretty friggin' cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Followed me to the gym and back earlier, he seems to be waiting outside whenever he sees me, but leaving once I'm out of sight.

Haven't given him anything yet, but hes wandering around neighbour's houses too so anyone could have fed him something tbh.

Sent stuff to WLR to see, but I kinda wanna keep him around now cos he's pretty friggin' cool.
    Hahaha this cat sounds priceless in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Looks like a beauty and well cared for by someone...clean fur, not starving and once they start rubbin on Ya yer done...kinda like yer first girlfriend...hopefully WLRor SPCA will find the owner or else you have a new family member Mitch!

Haven't seen him since yesterday, may have moved on.

Think I'm gonna go wandering tomorrow.....I want him back....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Think I'm gonna go wandering tomorrow.....I want him back....

Well, if there is one thing the Waterford forum needs, its another missing cat thread.

IT'S BACK!!

Just walked past my window, covered in bits of branches and looking a bit worse for wear, but its the same kitteh.

Was gone by the time I got outside the door. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Been on meownoeuvres ?

Advertisement