Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT notes for sale/wanted - post in this thread only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 optimisticdoc

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to sit the GAMSAT in Dublin in March 2013. I have an undergrad in Forensic Science and an MSc in Biomedical Science but I am not confident with Chemistry/Physics as I only had Biology for my leaving cert; I also haven't written an essay since leaving cert so this would need to be worked on. I've seen these GAMSAT prep courses online, the gold standard one costs €400 but do you think this would be of great help? I don't mind paying the money for it if it would really help me gain entry to a GEM course. Any advice would be much appreciated, Many thanks.

http://www.gamsatpreparationcoursesireland.ie/gamsat-ireland-grinds-courses.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rllyons

Hi
    just decided to sit the GAMSAT if anyone is still looking to sell on their notes and books let me know as i would be very interested!!
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mcdermla

Some of the comments are a bit older, so if you're still willing to sell on your books, pm me, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 housemd

Hi all,

I'm selling my GAMSAT notes that I used for last year's sitting of the exam. They're quite exhaustive and include:

-Gradmed Full course notes- 7 books covering Organic chem, Phys Chem, Physics, Biology, Sec 2 written communication, Simulated gamsat tests for section I, Simulated gamsat questions for sec III, and maths for gamsat.

-Des O'Neill Science course, including notes for all aspects of section III, biochemistry, physics, org chem, etc. also, over a hundred practice questions included.

-Ozimed simulated gamsat tests 1-5, excellent for getting accustomed to the layout and style of the exam. The questions are the most similar to the actual acer gamsat questions that I came across.

-MediRed course, including 2 booklets covering all 3 sections of the exam. The written section is covered very well in these notes I found.

I also have some PDFs of Gamsat preparation material, strategy, hints for essay writing. Also, I have the acer papers on PDF I could send on if wanted.

The notes are all in good condition with very few pen marks.

I'm looking for €250 for the lot.I am in UCD so would be willing to meet around Dublin if it's handy for whoever wants them.

PM me if you're interested!

Thanks, and good luck! Paul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gamsatgamsat

I've got the Gradmed course notes for sale:

Verbal reasoning
    Written communication

Organic chemistry
    Physical chemistry

Physics
    Biology
    Maths for science

Simulated gamsat question papers section 1
    Simulated gamsat explanation papers section 1
    Simulated gamsat sample essays for section 2
    Simulated gamsat question papers section 3

ACER practice questions
    ACER sample questions 2nd ed

PM if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 geranium1

Hey,

GAMSAT materials for sale:

CGP AS/A-Level AQA Revision guide - Biology
    CGP AS/A-Level AQA Revision guide - Chemistry
    CGP AS/A-Level AQA Revision guide - Physics

Gold Standard Gamsat (includes past paper)

All in great condition, no marks/scribbles. Got me through easily from a no science background, no need for extra courses. Cost about 160e, will sell for 100 ono. PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Babs_1208

Hi everyone,

I have the following for sale:

1) Full set of GradMed course notes

- Biology, Physics, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Written Communication, Simulated Questions Sec I, Simulated Questions Sec 3, Mathematics for Science handout.

2) Full Des O'Neill science notes

- Human Biology, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Physics, Des O'Neill Multiple Choice Science Questions.

3) MediRed Gamsat Preparation Course

- Book 1 & Book 2

4) Ozimed Tests 1-5

5) 3 x ACER practice tests

6) Letts Revise AS and A2 Biology

7) Letts Revise AS and A2 Physics

8) Letts Revise AS and A2 Chemistry

9) 101 MCAT Verbal Reasoning Passages (Examkrackers)

I am based in the Meath/Dublin area so can meet for collection. Ideally want to sell as a package, looking for €400 for everything.

Babs

• Registered Users Posts: 5 salmck

Full Set of GradMed Gamsat notes for Sale:, Booterstown, Co. Dublin

I sat the Gamsat in March 2012 after doin the full GradMed course and got into RCSI. I genuinely think havin notes would be enough as they tend to just go through the notes in class and theyre so self explanatory (plus saves you €4000!)

Also have a timetable they gave us for each week that way you can pace yourself as you would if you were doing the course.

Includes:
    Science:Biology, Physics, Org Chem, Phys Chem, Maths for Science
    Written:Verbal Reasoning and explanation papers
    EssaysA and B including sample essays and explanations
    Full Mock Exam from GradMed
    Simulated Science Q book (5papers)
    Verbal Reasoning Paper x2
    4 Question and Answer papers
    2x Science 'half' papers to be done in half the time of original exam.

Looking for €500 for the lot,
    Let me know if you're interested

Good Luck
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thex

Hi,
    I did gamsat last year and got a bit carried away with buying stuff for it. It paid off though and it helped me get a 67 and a place in UCD.

I am now looking to sell 3 Home-study courses and 50 plus other books related to the gamsat exam.
    • Medprep complete home-study course (2 booklets and 3 sample papers (marked))
    • Guru Method home-study course (10 booklets, not marked)
    • Des O’Neill complete home-study course (2 booklets and folder) not marked

• Ferdinand Gold Standard Gamsat Book
    • Griffith gamsat review
    • Kaplan mcat practice tests
    • Mcat 101 passages in mcat verbal reasoning
    • 1001 questions in mcat biology
    • 1001 questions in mcat organic chemistry
    • 1001 questions in mcat physics
    • 1001 questions in mcat chemistry
    • 4 Acer practice material booklets (red, green, blue and purple) clean.
    • Organic chemistry 1 and 2 for dummies (2 books)
    • Physics 1 and 2 for dummies (2 books)
    • Poetry for dummies
    • Philosophy for dummies
    • Letts a level exam practice biology
    • Letts revise as and a2 biology
    • Letts a2 in a week biology
    • Letts as in a week biology
    • Letts a level exam practice chemistry
    • Letts revise as and a2 chemistry
    • Letts as in a week chemistry
    • Letts a2 in a week chemistry
    • Longman’s calculations in as/a level chemistry
    • CGP as level chemistry revision guide
    • CGP a2 level chemistry revision guide
    • Letts revise as and a2 physics
    • Letts a level exam practice
    • Letts as in a week physics
    • Letts a2 in a week physics
    • CGP gcse physics revision and practice
    • CGP as level physics revision guide
    • CGP a2 level physics revision guide
    • Nelson calculations for a-level physics
    • Practice in physics
    • Oxford revision guide in as and a level physics
    • Practice tests for diagrammatic and abstract reasoning
    • Pearson longman revision express general studies as and a2
    • Letts a2 in a week psychology
    • Letts as in a week psychology
    • Letts as in a week sociology
    • Letts a2 in a week sociology
    • CGP a2 level sociology revision guide
    • CGP as level sociology revision guide
    • Dell book of logic
    • Philosophy for a2, key themes in philosophy
    • Philosophy for as
    • Philosophy for a2, philosophical problems
    Biology (leaving cert book)
    Understanding Chemistry (leaving cert book)
    Ozimed practice tests 1-5.

I’m selling the lot all together as a package as I don’t have time to individually sell. Everything new is worth over 2000 euro but I'm willing to sell for 800 euro. I’m based in Dublin and can possibly deliver to around the Dublin area within reason.

PM me if anyone is interested.

Hi all,

I'm selling my GAMSAT notes that I used for last year's sitting of the exam. They're quite exhaustive and include:

-Gradmed Full course notes- 7 books covering Organic chem, Phys Chem, Physics, Biology, Sec 2 written communication, Simulated gamsat tests for section I, Simulated gamsat questions for sec III, and maths for gamsat.

-Des O'Neill Science course, including notes for all aspects of section III, biochemistry, physics, org chem, etc. also, over a hundred practice questions included.

-Ozimed simulated gamsat tests 1-5, excellent for getting accustomed to the layout and style of the exam. The questions are the most similar to the actual acer gamsat questions that I came across.

-MediRed course, including 2 booklets covering all 3 sections of the exam. The written section is covered very well in these notes I found.

I also have some PDFs of Gamsat preparation material, strategy, hints for essay writing. Also, I have the acer papers on PDF I could send on if wanted.

I'm looking for €250 for the lot.I am in UCD so would be willing to meet around Dublin if it's handy for whoever wants them.

Thanks, and good luck! Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 nutsnbolts

i have a load of GAMSAT study material, which was essential to me scoring quite well on this year's exam. thankfully i don't need them anymore!

set of Gold Standard material.. including the book and dvds.. valued at €340 http://www.gamsatpreparationcoursesireland.ie/ ....................................................... €200

copy of GRADMED notes, bound. biology, physics, chemistry & loads of Qs.......... €100

Des O'Neill's Writing Better Essays notes, bound.. from the GAMSAT Preparation Course......................................................€40

Rapid Revision Physics......... €10

2 official GAMSAT practice tests & 2 official booklets of Qs.................................... €30

i would prefer to sell these altogether, just for the sake of convenience. anyone who wants it all, can have the lot for €300.

there is more than enough in this package to equip anyone with the knowledge to score highly in this exam, especially if, like me, you don't have a science background.

books can be collected, or posted at the buyer's expense. i wil also be more than happy to answer any questions regarding study/ preparations for the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ILOVETEA8

Im sitting the exam next year and was wondering if anyone would like to set up a study group in Dublin? And if youve already started studying what books did you guys get?

Ive done Chemistry and Biology back when i was doing my leaving cert so would be strating from scratch.. anyone selling any books that are suitable for beginers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Elly by the sea

Hi Shaz

Do you still have MSI Medical MMI Question book and DVD?
    I'd like to buy it asap

Kind regards
    Elly
    shaz84 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Im heading off the UCD in Dublin next month to start GEM (subject to the financial side being sorted out), and have a golliath collection of GAMSAT / UKCAT and Interview material. I got 59 in my GAMSAT last September, and I found all the the materials below helpful, so Im selling them off to help another med school applicant

Im confident that you will not need another single book (apart from the other ACER practice tests), so you can rest assured that you have more than enough material here to keep you busy for the next year!

Some of the books in the list below you may find odd, but I took the approach of improving myself rather than studying to pass an exam.

The total RRP value of the below is at least £800. Sold separetly the total is £431.50, but I'd rather sell everything together to one person, so Im willing to part company for £295. A £500 discount on RRP.

Collection from Slough would be required (if living in london). If posting to Ireland, P&P will need to be added on top.

If you have any questions about any of the materials below, please message me.

All in very good condition unless stated.

Interviews
    • ICS Medical – Medical School Interviews book, Picard (used) - £10
    • MSC Medical MMI Multi Mini Interview Questions Book & DVD - £10 (used)
    • MSC Medical MMI Multi Mini Interview Questions Book & DVD - £15 (New / Boxed)
    • Doing Right: A Practical Guide to Ethics for Medical Trainees and Physicians (2nd Edition), Hebert (used) - £15

UKCAT

• Succeeding in the 2009 UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT), Green and Jethwa - £5 (unused)
    • ISC Medical - 600 UKCAT Practice Questions Book, Picard - £3 (used)

GAMSAT

Section I

• Reading Poetry: An Introduction (2nd edition), Furniss and Bath - £10 (unused)
    • The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald - £1
    • Animal Farm, Orwell - £1
    • How to Solve It: The Classic Introduction to Mathematical Problem Solving, Polya - £1
    • Thinking with Concepts, Wilson - £2
    • Paradise Lost, Milton - £1
    • Critical Thinking: An Introduction, Fisher - £5
    • A Very Short Introduction: Philosophy, Craig - £1.50
    • A Very Short Introduction: Philosophy of Science, Okasha - £1.50
    • A Very Short Introduction: Continental Philosophy, Critchley - £1.50
    • A Very Short Introduction: Political Philosophy, Miller - £1.50
    • A Very Short Introduction: Medical Ethics, Hope - £1.50
    • Break, Blow, Burn, Paglia - £5
    • The Birth of the Clinic, Foucalt - £5 (unused)
    • Moral Philosophy: A guide to ethical theory - £5
    • Thinking Skills, Buttworth and Thwaites - £5
    • Poetry for Dummies - £1
    • 1984, Orwell (new) - £1
    • Locke on Human Understanding - £2

Section II

• The Heart of Things. A.C. Grayling – £2
    • The Reason of Things. A.C. Grayling – £2
    • The Form of Things. A.C. Grayling – £1.50 (missing one of the contents pages)
    • The Meaning of Things. A.C. Grayling – £2
    • Liberty in the Age of Terror. A.C Grayling - £2 (new)
    • Justice: What’s the right thing to do?, Sandel - £3
    • Think, Blackburn - £2 (introductory book on philosophy, unused)
    • Being Good, Blackburn - £2 (introductory book on Ethics, unused)
    • A Very Short Introduction: The Meaning of Life, Eagleton - £1.50
    • A Very Short Introduction: Human Rights, Clapham - £1.50
    • The Oxford Dictionary of Political Quotations, Jay - £2
    • Thinking Sociologically (2nd Edition), Bauman and May - £5
    • The Oxford Book of Essays, Gross - £2 (hardback)
    • The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations - £10 (hardback, full reference edition)
    • The Consolations of Philosophy, De Botton - £2
    • Beginners Guides: Civil Liberties, Head - £3

Section III

• Calculations for A-Level Physics (3rd Edition), Lowe and Rounce - £3
    • Collins AS Chemistry for AQA, Nicholls - £5
    • Genetics Practice Problems and Solutions, Chinnici and Matthes - £2
    • Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry (4th Edition), Murray & Solutions/Answer Manual - £10 (unused with CD-rom)
    • Schaum’s Easy Outlines Biochemistry Crash Course, Kuchel and Ralston – £2
    • Statistics Without Tears: A primer for Non-Mathematicians, Rowntree – £2
    • A Very Short Introduction: The Laws of Thermodynamics, Atkins - £1.50
    • Calculations for A-Level Chemistry (3rd Edition), Ramsden - £2
    • Letts GCSE In a Week: Maths to A* - £2
    • Basic Physics: A Self-Teaching Guide (2nd Edition), Kuhn - £3
    • Calculations in AS/A Level Chemistry, Clark - £4
    • Organic Chemistry 1 for Dummies - £1.50
    • Organic Chemistry 1 Workbook for Dummies - £1 (used)
    • Oxford Advanced Physics Textbook , Adams and Allday (new) - £15 (worth over £30 RRP)

Exam Papers:

• ACER GAMSAT Practice Test 2 (Purple edition) - £ 10 (unused)
    • 8 x OZIMED Papers (Test 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) - £5 each or £30 for the lot (note Test 9 missing answer sheet)
    • Gold Standard: Full Length Practice Test (Dr Brett Ferdinand), Sections 1, 2 and 3 - £10

GAMSAT Flashcards:

• Kaplan MCAT in a Box Flashcards (700 flashcards for Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Organic Chemistry) - £15

GAMSAT Manuals / Textbooks:

• MedPrep GAMSAT Home Study Preparation Course - £55
    • Des O’Neills GAMSATPREP MCQs & Exam Attendance Course 2008 - £40
    • MCAT Verbal Reasoning Questions, Answers and Explanation - £10
    • MCAT Physics Review, Questions and Answer - £10
    • MCAT Organic Chemistry Review, Questions and Answer - £10
    • MCAT Physical Chemistry Review, Questions and Answers - £10
    • MCAT Biology Review, Questions and Answers - £10

Miscellaneous:

Thes following books are quite hard to read (definately not summer bookx!). I found both they helped me by taking my reading to the next level, and the background knowledge gained was also helpful for Sections I and II,

• A Very Short Introduction: The History of Medicine, Bynum - £1
    • A Very Short Introduction: Epidemiology, Saracci - £1
    • A Very Short Introduction: Logic, Priest - £1
    • A Very Short Introduction: Intelligence, Deary - £1
    • A Very Short Introduction: Drugs, Iversen - £1
    • A Very Short Introduction: HIV/AIDS, Whiteside - £1
    • A Very Short Introduction: Consciousness, Blackmore - £1
    • Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health, Wealth and Happiness. Thaler and Sunstein - £3

• Registered Users Posts: 10 andweneverdid

Hi, I'm selling my Gamsat notes from last year. I studied almost exclusively from this material and found I quickly developed a solid understanding of Gamsat strategy and a thorough, focused knowledge of the breadth of topics required for the exam. There are excellent resources for each of the three sections included and a wealth of practice questions and essay samples.

Included is:

Gradmed notes- The complete set of notes as given in the full course which comprises:
    Biology course notes

Physics course notes

Organic Chemistry course notes

Physical Chemistry course notes

Written Communication course notes

Simulated Gamsat Questions for SecIII: Reasoning in Bio and Phys Sciences

Simulated Gamsat Questions for SecI: Reasoning in Humanities and Social Sciences

Mathematics for Science booklet.

Des O'Neill Science course including
    Human Biology

Biochemistry

Organic Chemistry

Physical Chemistry

Physics

Des O'Neill Multiple Choice Science Questions.

Ozimed tests 1-5
    5 full-length Gamsat practice tests including Gamsat-style answer sheet, identical test-day instructions and timing.

MediRed Gamsat Preparation Course
    Book 1

: Gamsat Structure, Strategy, Tips, Interview Strategy, SecI Humanities and Social Science Notes, Written Communication (sample essays and essay prompts), Chemistry course.
    Book 2

: Biology course, Physics course, Mathematics, Practice Questions + answers.

All notes are in very good condition and nearly unmarked.

I also have a number of very useful PDFs consisting of Gamsat strategy, Essay writing hints and tips, and other gamsat material that I will email on with the notes if wanted.

I am looking to sell the whole lot together and as such I am asking a much reduced price of 300. Can P&P to anywhere in Ireland or the UK.

PM me if interested!

Thanks, and good luck with the study!

Will

Hi all,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dariax

Hi,
    Does anyone have gamsat notes/preparation materials for sell? Im highly interested to buy gradmed notes, medired notes, ozimed, prep genie, des o'neills, gold standard book.
    PM me asap
    Thanks,
    Daria

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vicmic

Hi everyone,

I'm selling my gamsat materials since I don't need them anymore :) Here's a list:

- Gold Standard Book, no marks, great condition

- also I have a full set of GRADMED notes for sale. All in good condition with very few marks.
    Section I question papers
    written communication, section II
    Section III question papers
    physics course notes
    physics tips and questions
    Mathematics for science booklet
    physical chemistry course notes
    organic chemistry course notes
    Chemistry sample questions
    biology course notes
    Biology sample questions

- Ozimed Papers 1-5

Also have question papers
    Acer Practice Test 1
    Acer Practice Test 2
    Acer Practice Questions
    Acer Sample Questions

I'm looking for 200euro for the whole lot, will sell only in a bundle. I'm based in Dublin and will be able to meet you anywhere in the city.

Best of luck guys!

Vic

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sarah1379

Guys I'm selling the following Gradmed notes:

-Biology
    -Physics
    -Written communication
    -physical chemistry
    -Organic chemistry
    -Simulated GAMSAT in reasoning in humanities and social sciences
    -Simulated GAMSAT in reasoning in biological and physical sciences
    -Mathematics for science booklet

€85, totally worth it.

Great condition, hugely helpful.

PM me!!! I do not look at this thread regularly but I WILL check my messages, so don't just post a reply on the thread.

Hi all,

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vicmic

Hi folks, I'm selling my Gold Standard Gamsat book, 60 euro, it's in pristine condition. PM me for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Brillantstar

Hello
    I am keenly looking for Des O Niels practice questions. If anyone has it and is willing to sell it or a copy of it PLEASE contact me. It would be a great help to me as I am struggling with Section 3.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 calliebear

Hi,

I bought all these books last year for €750, It's everything you need and maybe even a little bit extra I'm willing to resell them for €475:

Ozimed gamsat practice tests 1-5( section1-reasoning in humanities and social sciences, section 2-written communication, section 3-reasoning in biological and physical sciences.

Gradmed Course- Sample Question Papers booklets for section 1 and 3
    Gradmed Course Notes booklets for Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, physics and written communication.

Biology for dummies, organic chemistry for dummies, rapid revision physics, Physics today leaving cert book

Des O’ Neills Gamsat Books for section 3 including book of Des O’ Neills sample questions for section 3
    Des O neills Prognostic preparatory test
    Des O Neills Guide to writing better essays and examples.

MCAT Books-MCAT 1001 questions in MCAT Chemistry, MCAT 1001 questions in MCAT Organic chemistry, MCAT 1001 questions in MCAT physics and MCAT 101 Verbal Reasoning.

Gamsat official Practice test booklets 1 and 2 and gamsat sample question booklet.

HPAT practice test 2

Rapid Revision Chemistry

Pearson international edition chemistry book

Cork Area, can travel to meet you.

Thank You :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eyedude

Just like new, a good way to practice for section 1. Selling for 20 euro. Based in UCD but can arrange to meet in Dublin.

Biology for Dummies.
    Physics for Dummies.
    Chemistry for Dummies.
    Organic Chemistry 1 for Dummies.
    Organic Chemistry 1 Workbook for Dummies.
    All 5 books in great condition, no markings. Based in UCD, can arrange to meet in Dublin.

Hi all,

cheers, Paul

Practice Test, Practice Test 2 and Practice Questions. (red, green and purple)
    To buy new cost €83.
    These are like new, no markings. Selling for €50 ono.
    Based in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jimmyRotator

Hi All,

Im selling the following:

Gold standard gamsat book,
    The 4 Acer practice booklets,
    Organic chemistry as a second language. (David Klein)
    General chemistry as a second language. (David Klein)
    Data interpretation for medical students. (Paul Hamilton)

Will sell the lot for €100.
    PM me if interested.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 garnish82

is this material still available?

Hello,

I'm hoping to sit the GAMSAT in Sept/March and wish to obtain Gradmed notes/papers to help me sit the exam. Am from a non science background so want as much help as possible to focus the study and get the right approach.

Also am keen to hear from similar students who have sat the exam. Was Des O'Neill, Gold Standard and Ozimed material helpful. Does anyone have any of this material to sell to me? Any other suggestions? Acer papers would also be interesting.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes.

• Advertisement

Hello, I'm hoping to sit the GAMSAT in Sept/March and wish to obtain Gradmed notes/papers to help me sit the exam. Am from a non science background so want as much help as possible to focus the study and get the right approach.

Also am keen to hear from similar students who have sat the exam. Was Des O'Neill, Gold Standard and Ozimed material helpful. Does anyone have any of this material to sell to me? Any other suggestions? Acer papers would also be interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement