Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT notes for sale/wanted - post in this thread only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eyedude

Garnish82,
    I have a full set of Gradmed notes, I took the course last year and am now in 1st year GEM. PM me if interested and I would be happy to talk to about studying for it and what worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 garnish82

Thank you, have sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭demure

I'm selling a large collection GAMSAT that got me through the GAMSAT. I am not including a price to allow you pick what you like from the material. I also welcome bulk offers.
    Let me know if there is anything of interest in the list below, I can offer some advise depending on your personal needs. For now.... Best of Luck!!!

* All 4 ACER tests - the official Gamsat prep material - invaluable for your success in the exam

* Exam Krackers - MCAT - to practice further, particularly reading log articles for Section I

* Griffith review - very good at explaining the practicalities of the exam and providing a good approach to different exam tasks.

* The Gamsat GOLD STANDARD

* All Dummy Books - Biology, Chemistry, Org Chem I and II, Physics I and II - they are written in a very clear way, particularly recommended for all non-Science candidates

* Passing UKCAT & BMAT by Taylor - for extra practicing

* Gradmed Course Books - I didn't attend the course, I purchased this (and the following course materials) from a UCD GEP student.

-Physics

-Biology

-Organic Chemistry

-Physical Chemistry

-Mathematics for Science

-GAMSAT Section II (Written Communication)

-Simulated GAMSAT question papers Section I (Reasoning in Humanities & Social Sciences)

-Simulated GAMSAT question papers Section III (Reasoning in Biological & Physical Sciences)

* Des O'Neill's GAMSAT Preparation Course - a really good course, though quite in depth.

-Human Biology

-Biochem

-Organic Chem

-Physical Chem

-Physics

-Simulated GAMSAT questions papers Section III

* Ozimed - good for practicing, especially if you are only starting to prepare for the exam. It is slightly easier than the GRADMED course

-5 Simulated GAMSAT tests (Full-length, containing sections I,II,III)

* MediRed:

-Excellent book on Sections I&II

-Section III book (Physics, Chem, Bio)

-Mathematics for GAMSAT

-Sample questions

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Anna Seigfried

Hey,
    I am interested in buying Des O Neil's GAMSAT study materials for all the three sections. Kindly let me know the price for the same. Even second hand materials will do. I just need the latest edition. Reply ASAP.

Hey
    I am in urgent need of Des O Neill's GAMSAT study materials but would prefer the latest edition. even the second hand materials will do. Also let me know the price. Waiting for your reply.

• Advertisement

Hey All,
    I am in urgent need of Gold standard and Des O Neill's study materials for GAMSAT. I am looking for the latest edition and preferable second hand materials. Please revert back ASAP.
    Thank you

Hey am interested provided its of the latest edition

Hey all
    I still have the following left for sale
    Let me know if you're interested!

* The Gamsat GOLD STANDARD

* All 4 ACER tests - the official Gamsat prep material - invaluable for your success in the exam

* Exam Krackers - MCAT - Bio, Phys, Chem and Verbal, to practice further, particularly reading log articles for Section I

* Griffith review - very good at explaining the practicalities of the exam and providing a good approach to different exam tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ambercq

Mod Note

Hi

Please do not advertise material whose sale is legally dubious, ie material in PDF form.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MikeyHunt

<snip>
    Mod Note

Please do not advertise material whose sale is legally dubious, ie material in PDF form.
    And please do not ignore Mod instructions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Shotgunbob

I am selling my Gradmed notes from 2013 course. Includes:

Physics
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Written Communication with sample essays
    Verbal reasoning practice questions with full explanation papers as well.
    5 sample paper practice questions with 50 questions per paper.

Excellent notes and material to practice with.

Will also throw in a copy of Griffith's Gamsat Review which i also found very helpful for general tips and strategies for day of the exam and preparing up to it.

http://www.adverts.ie/2917976

All paper material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ambercq

SNIP

Ambercq, I deleted your first post, asked you not to post pdfs for sale and I've just noticed you've got another post doing the same thing.

Banned for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mand4990

I have the new GAMSAT Gold Standard 13/14 hardcover ed. I used it to prep for the exam just gone in March 13. I found it useful and would recommend it. I purchased it brand new-I did not use the online card and the book is as new-not a mark on it. I can sell it to you for 100 euro if you want it. Let me know, my email address it below. I'm in the Cork area but can post it.

Amanda <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭nerrad01

hi im selling Des O neill Gamsat notes, (hes the guy who has been an advisor to ACER since 1991, the guys who make the gamsat)

Science-Revision Course for Gamsat (500 pages with 390 concept-developing questions on Chemistry and Physics and 100 Biology multiple-choice questions, all with full solutions)

section 1(Red Series Practising Humanities MCQs Home Study Course with solutions)
    section 3 science mcq books (literally thousands gamsat specific sample questions with solutions)

I also have As/A2 a-level rapid revision books that i will throw in for free, and will throw in a load of gamsat ebooks for free too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nosilla

Hi,
    I have the following for sale:

Gradmed Science Notes: Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry & Stimulated Gamsat Questions (A lot of highlighting) (€150)

Gradmed Verbal Reasoning & Essay Writing and Verbal Reasoning Question Papers

Ozimed Practice Tests: 12 tests in total (€100)

Organic Chemistry for Dummies books I & II. (€30)
    Chemistry for Dummies & workbook (€20)

Kaplan MCAT Review, complete set of 5 books (Biology, Physics, Org Chem, Chem & Verbal Reasoning) (€100)

Independent Colleges HPAT course book (€30)

Please PM me with the books you are interested in, I live in Dublin and can meet anywhere in the Dublin area with them.

I have the following for 130 quick sale:

* The Gamsat GOLD STANDARD (hardback)

+ All 4 ACER tests - the official Gamsat prep material - invaluable for your success in the exam

+ Exam Krackers - MCAT - Bio, Phys, Chem and Verbal, to practice further, particularly reading log articles for Section I

+ Griffith review - very good at explaining the practicalities of the exam and providing a good approach to different exam tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 scns2010

Hi there,
    I got my GAMSAT result and I am now happily able to sell my notes. They cost me over €1000 to buy so I will take the highest offer I get. They really do contain everything you could need. I would also be happy to go through what I did to prepare and offer any advice I can. I would prefer to sell the material altogether for convenience and I am based in Dublin/Meath.

MediRed:
    • 2 books containing notes on Sections 1, 2 and 3. Also contains ~100 practice Qs

GradMed:
    • Physics notes
    • Biology notes
    • Organic Chemistry notes
    • Physical Chemistry notes
    • Section 1 notes
    • Section 2 notes
    • Booklet with 5 sets of Section 3 questions plus answers
    • Booklet with 4 sets of Section 1 questions plus answers.

Des O’Neill:
    • Complete book of science notes (biology, physics, organic and physical chemistry). This contains end of chapter Q’s with answers- I found these excellent for making sure I understood concepts. This book also has a full section 3 practice test with answers at the end.
    • Des O’Neill “Maths for GAMSAT” booklet.

For Dummies:
    • Physics for Dummies
    • Organic Chemistry I for Dummies
    • Organic Chemistry I for Dummies Workbook

Ozimed:
    • Booklet containing 5 practice tests-good for improving time management

MCAT:
    • 1001 Q’s in Chemistry (Organic and Physical)
    • 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning (excellent for improving time management and getting used to reading large chunks of information)

Letts (UK A-Level Resources):
    • Revise AS and A2 Physics
    • Revise AS and A2 Chemistry

Gold Standard GAMSAT:
    • This was helpful for putting a structure on my study plan and for additional understanding of concepts.

A.C. Grayling “The Meaning of Things”:
    • Lots of short pieces on different topics e.g. racism, religion, love, fear. Really good resource for Section 2.

There really is a huge amount of material here and I found it great to have a few sources of information for example in organic chemistry I was able to look at the A-Level material first and build up a fundamental understanding which I was then able improve on with the other material.

Please get in touch (PM) if you are interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭WoolahUrma

I have the gold standard 13-14

The ozimed tests, both books,

The letts A level guides
    Books 1 and 2
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Biology

Any offers let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarahdublin

Hi,

I am looking to buy someones set of secondhand Gamsat revision books and notes preferably including Des O'Neills notes. Please let me know what they include and price.

Thanks

Sarah

Hey you can try out our Comprehensive package which consists of 10 Full Length Test papers, 5 Humanities Sectional papers, 5 Biology Sectional papers, 5 Chemistry Sectional papers and 5 Physics Sectional papers. Also, we provide with 10 sets of Essay evaluation. Let us know if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 scns2010

Hi Sarah,

I have the below notes that I am hoping to sell. If you are interested in any of them please let me know. I would sell them all for €550 (I paid about €1000 for everything) but I am flexible on the price...not looking to make a profit, just cover some of my costs!
    PM if interested! :)

MediRed:
    • 2 books containing notes on Sections 1, 2 and 3. Also contains ~100 practice Qs

GradMed:
    • Physics notes
    • Biology notes
    • Section 1 notes
    • Section 2 notes

Des O’Neill:
    • Complete book of science notes (biology, physics, organic and physical chemistry). This contains end of chapter Q’s with answers- I found these excellent for making sure I understood concepts. This book also has a full section 3 practice test with answers at the end.
    • Des O’Neill “Maths for GAMSAT” booklet.

For Dummies:
    • Physics for Dummies
    • Organic Chemistry I for Dummies
    • Organic Chemistry I for Dummies Workbook

Ozimed:
    • Booklet containing 5 practice tests-good for improving time management

MCAT:
    • 1001 Q’s in Chemistry (Organic and Physical)
    • 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning (excellent for improving time management and getting used to reading large chunks of information)

Letts (UK A-Level Resources):
    • Revise AS and A2 Physics
    • Revise AS and A2 Chemistry

Gold Standard GAMSAT:
    • This was helpful for putting a structure on my study plan and for additional understanding of concepts.

A.C. Grayling “The Meaning of Things”:
    • Lots of short pieces on different topics e.g. racism, religion, love, fear. Really good resource for Section 2.

There really is a huge amount of material here and I found it great to have a few sources of information for example in organic chemistry I was able to look at the A-Level material first and build up a fundamental understanding which I was then able improve on with the other material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AP2012

Hi Guys,

I did the Gamsat for the first time in March and was delighted with my overall score of 64. Coming from a non-science background, I used the following list of materials to study:

Des O'Neill notes:
    General Biology/Human Biology/Biochemistry
    Physics
    Physical Chemistry
    Organic Chemistry
    Verbal resoning(loads and loads)
    Essay Course

Gradmed course notes:
    • Physics
    • Physical Chem
    • Organic Chem
    • Maths Science
    • Essay and verbal(Section 1+2)
    • Loads of simulated Science Questions (5 half tests)
    • Griffiths Gamsat Review(online copy)
    • Ozimed Practice Tests-I have complete tests and answer sheets(Online and printed)
    • MedPrep Practice Tests-all sections
    • ACER Practice Tests (I and II), Sample Questions and Practice Questions(Online and printed)
    • Electronic versions of MCAT Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, essay and verbal reasoning and sample tests.
    • MCAT Audio Osmosis - electronic, not on C.D
    • Examkrackers 101 Passages in MCAT Verbal Reasoning
    • Rapid revision Chemistry and Physics
    • Chemistry for Dummies
    • Organic Chemistry for Dummies I
    • Organic Chemistry for Dummies II
    • Organic Chemistry for Dummies Workbook (marked)
    • A.C. Grayling 'The Meaning of Things'
    • Letts 'A2 in a Week - Sociology'
    I would be happy to discuss my study plan and help in anyway that I can. I spent a lot of money on all this material, and on the Gradmed course....Hoping to sell the lot for €350 (I definitely think its worth it as these notes were invaluable to me).

I'm living in Cork city but happy to meet somewhere in the surrounding area to pass on the notes.

PM me if you're interested.

Best of luck with the study!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bchem2014

Hi, Does anyone have gamsat revision notes/books for sale in the Cork area? PM me if so
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 mednow

snip

• Registered Users Posts: 1 danyan

Hello all, I'm selling on my gamsat prep notes!

The notes include all of what are considered the best preparation material, I used them almost exclusively (with the exception of Examkrackers 101 passages in verbal reasoning which can be bought second hand for quite cheap and reading newpaper editorials) and they got me a high score in the gamsat.

Included is: Gradmed full-course complete study package, with 7 books covering all sections of the exam and 10 simulated gamsat tests with answers, and a maths for science book. Des O Neill science study course with 100 practice MCQs. Ozimed tests 1-5, and the MediRed Gamsat study course.

For the complete set I am asking 230 euro.

Send me a PM if interested!

Cheers guys.
    Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭nomoreexams

PM me if interested in the below. I'm open to offers, I don't want to make a profit but I do want to recoup some of the expense incurred. I got a 61 using only the material below:

Gold standard (2013 ed)
    Campbell's biology
    Fleming - Organic Chemistry
    Kaplan MCAT 101 passages- verbal reasoning
    Griffiths Gamsat Review
    Gradmed x 5 simulated papers (s.3)
    Kaplan MCAT practice papers
    Gold standard course notes and practice questions.
    Organic chemistry for dummies
    Chemistry for dummies (II)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Snares

Hi,

I'm looking to buy the 10 ozimed papers. If anyone wants to sell them feel free to throw me a PM.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 onehardslog

I have Gamsat material to sell:

Gold Standard GAMSAT:
    • Gold Standard Hardback Revision Book 2nd Edition
    • Science Review Flash Cards
    • DVD’s – Biology x 4, Physics x 4, Organic Chemistry x 4, General Chemistry x4, GAMSAT general preparation and Medical School Interview Preparation

GradMed:
    • Physics notes
    • Biology notes
    • Section 2 notes – Expressive and Analytical Essays

For Dummies:
    • Physics Workbook for Dummies (some filled in)
    • Biology Workbook for Dummies (few pages used)
    • Organic Chemistry I for Dummies Workbook (few pages used)
    • Chemistry for Dummies (few pages used)
    • Anatomy and Physiology for Dummies Workbook (some highlighting)

Ozimed:
    • Booklets containing 10 practice tests and answers

Dr. Prep:
    3 Day Section 3 Revision Course Notes

Acer:
    All Sample Papers

MCAT:
    • 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning (as new)

Kane and Sternheim – Physics
    Oxford – Foundations of InorganicChemistry

Oxford – Chemical Bonding

I want to sell it all together preferably; please PM me if you are interested. I can meet you somewhere; in Dublin/Kildare region but sometimes in Galway so can bring them that far. Cost was into the thousands between courses and notes; will sell all for €500 or as close as I can get for it. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 azure12

Wanted:

Gradmed / Medired Materials

Catch: I live in canada. Will pay for shipping.

Email me at dreama71@gmail.com or PM me please with your offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sarah2013

Hey!
    can u please email me if you are selling 10 ozimed papers. (i.e. paper 1-10)

Cheers!

Sarah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement