Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting veg

Options
  • 16-06-2011 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭

Is it too late for me to plant lettuce, turnip, cabbage,carrots ect....I really wanted to plant all these this year but thinking i've left it too late?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Garden centres and DIY shops like Woodies and B&Q have lots of vegetable plants this time of year if you're too late to sow from seed. As far as I know it's not too late for turnips or beetroot, carrots, cabbage etc.

I find Suttons Seeds' website a mine of information for stuff like this - look up the veg seeds you want to sow and they give you information on when to sow them etc. I usually order a catalogue every year in order to plan what I'm going to sow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭meolwan

A lot of the salad crops can be cut and grow so I would say it is not to late for lettuce.

Advertisement