Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padhack advice - Dual Strike 2 PCB

Options
  • 16-06-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm struggling a bit with a pad hack I'm currently trying to get to work.
    Basically what I'm trying to do is the following:

I recently got my hands on a Sega New Astro City candy cabinet. I fitted a 2 player 6 button control panel to it.

The plan was to purchase 2 Dual Strike2 boards, so I can plug these straight into Xbox1 for emulators, and then padhack 2 Madcatz fightpads which connect via a passthrough connection on the Dual Strike2 PCB.

So far I've soldered the following on the fightpad - to the corressponding point on the Dual Strike.

Up
    Down
    Left
    Right
    LP
    MP
    HP
    LK
    MK
    HK
    Select
    Start
    Home
    Ground
    D+
    D-
    VCC

I then purchased the 3 female sega plug ends, 1player 2player & kick harness. For my initial testing I have just wired the 1player harness to the dual strike. This gives me joystick control and 4 buttons (4th being 1player start)

when I connect everything up to the xbox360, the LEDs on the fightpad blink briefly and then go out. At one stage it did briefly work but I haven't been able to see it working since. The Dual strike 2 plugged into the PS3 or Macbook work fine, so the problem seems to lie with the fightpad.

Any suggestions ? or is there anything I should have done differently

I used this guide http://bencao74.blogspot.com/2010/02/dual-strike-meets-fight-pad.html

Advertisement