Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flash in the pan footballers - Freddy Adu Syndrome??

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He did his cruciate ligament a few months after joining Chelsea and never played again.

I thought he broke both his legs in a collision with a keeper? David James or Shaka Hislop?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

razorblunt wrote: »
    I thought he broke both his legs in a collision with a keeper? David James or Shaka Hislop?

He did his cruciate in a collision with Hislop, thats what it says in a few different websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He did his cruciate in a collision with Hislop, thats what it says in a few different websites.

Ah no big deal either way way, the broken legs were stuck in my head for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Liam Miller. From Old Trafford to Perth Glory via Sunderland and QPR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

barone wrote: »

zoran tosic (man utd,reported 12million) has since been sold to cska

lazy player who didnt wanna push himself to be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Unearthly wrote: »
    Amr Zaki. Was leading scorer in Prem for the first 3 months of 08/09 season including a cracking goal against Liverpool.

Now he is at an Egyptian club, and had a poor loan spell at Hull City

Good shout, his attitude was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Silenzi

and

Jason Lee aka he's got a pineapple on his head!

Surely to qualify for this, you'd have to have once been any good? I used to watch Lee at Southend (on the odd occasion when he ever got into our team) and he was useless. Forest signed him the year after they'd bought Collymore off of us and the contrast between the two couldn't be more pronounced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What was the name of that Scottish young lad back in the 90's that was at Ajax, he was going to set the world alight.

English. Incredible shout though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Pike

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

Thought of a great one from back at the beginning of the millenium; Richard Wright! Haha!
    Helder Postiga at Spurs
    Nicolas Medina at Sunderland
    Jody Morris at Chelsea
    Jon Harley at Chelsea
    Vicente Matias Vuoso at Man City
    Bosko Balaban at Aston Villa
    Corrado Grabbi at Blackburn
    Ade Akinbiyi at Leicester
    Hamilton Ricard at Boro
    Agustin Delgado at Southampton
    Lilian Laslandes at Sunderland
    Tore Andre Flo at Sunderland
    Massimo Maccarone at Boro
    Thought he was the **** for a while, such a let down!
    tommyhaas wrote: »
    A few that spring to mind are Claudio Lopez, Ivan De Le Pena and Alvaro Recoba. De le Pena in particular looked some player but it all went down hill when he went to Lazio. I know he did well when he went back to Spain, but he never really reached the heights that were expected
    Anti-Lazio much? Despite their sheer likeability over the other big team in Rome
    David Bellion
    Kieran Richardson
    Klaas Jan Huntelaar

BelliLOL

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Marcus Stewart and Kevin Phillips say hi.

James Beattie also.

Have you looked into that man's career? He was rejected at Southampton as a youth, ended up at the 'mighty' Baldock Town, and worked his way up the football league to Sunderland and earned himself the European Golden Boot award in 2000!

This thread is for players who, for whatever reason, had their promising career's fade out much earlier than they were supposed to, eg Lampety. Last season, Phillips was the oldest outfield player to play in the Premier League, and he scored in most games he started for Brum last season at 37! That's an amazing career considering where he started, not a flash in the pan. To mention his name in this thread is quite possibly the most retarded thing I have ever read in this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Did anyone catch the feature on Freddy Adu by Football Focus over the weekend? I missed it myself, short preview video on the link below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22208072
    At the age of 14 Ghana-born Freddy Adu was touted as the new Pele. The former Benfica player, now 23, talks to Football Focus about how this affected his career.

The attacking midfielder currently plays for Bahia in Brazil, where he is on loan from Major League Soccer side Philadelphia Union.

You can watch the full exclusive interview on Football Focus, BBC World News, Friday 20:30 GMT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Sasa Curcic! Looked almost superhuman at times for Bolton with his mazy runs and solo efforts, before moving to villa for £4.5m and disappearing soon afterwards. I think he joined the army

Advertisement