Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sli question

Options
  • 16-06-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

i was thinking of geting a second 560ti soon and going sli but i was wondering if i need to get the exact same palit 560ti 2gb that i have now card to go sli? or could i get a cheaper 560ti 1gb to go with it?

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Yes, the two cards need to be the exact same model, but can be from two different manufacturers e.g. XFX 560ti 2gb & Asus 560ti 2gb.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

You can SLI different brands, but I'm pretty sure it would need to be a 2GB version as well. If one of the cards in an OC'd card, it would just slow down to the other cards clocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

good stuff, thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

darego wrote: »
    i was thinking of geting a second 560ti soon and going sli but i was wondering if i need to get the exact same palit 560ti 2gb that i have now card to go sli? or could i get a cheaper 560ti 1gb to go with it?

thanks guys

That is a great card! Why would you need another, out of curiosity? Yes, the card specs should be the same - which means another Palit as they are factory oc'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

That is a great card! Why would you need another, out of curiosity? Yes, the card specs should be the same - which means another Palit as they are factory oc'd.

i was thinking of geting another 2 moniters and running 3 so i would assume i would need sli to get decent performance from them. pretty sure sli would also give me a bit of a boost when using nvidia 3d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Good guide here:
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=172243

Some of the older ones could mix memory amounts, but apparently that's not the case with the newer cards. So you need a 2GB 560ti with any brand.

AMD/ATI are a bit more generous and you can sometimes mix cards within the same series.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So is it ok for any two of the same types with the same memory? My twin frozr with a palit etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yep, that should be OK. If one is running at higher speeds, it will match the lower one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'll also throw in that they can be different clock speeds as well; it used to be the case that the faster card would clock down, but not with the newer ones.

Advertisement