Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing in a Car Park...

Options
  • 16-06-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have just heard that there might be a surf contest in a Car Park in Dublin the weekend after next. Has anyone heard anything else about this? Sounds a bit odd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I have just heard that there might be a surf contest in a Car Park in Dublin the weekend after next. Has anyone heard anything else about this? Sounds a bit odd?

Could be tarp surfing, it's piss take but looks like a lot of fun at the same time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-vb20srZI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 easytalker

No it's not a tarp, it is on a FlowRider machine, think it's the first mobile one to come to Europe. Check out http://www.53degreesnorth.ie/surf-festival

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Wonder can you bring your own boog to it or will they provide one when ya get there?

Looks awsome!!

Always wanted to try one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 easytalker

I saw one of them before in the states, they use a really short board so I assume you will get a board there..check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMv5uy9Hf-U
    I think that's what it'll be like..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gear Freak

Awesome! Cannot wait to try this.

I've always wanted to have a go. I'm gonna call the shop now and see what the craic is.

Will keep you posted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I hear there is a surf bus going from the West to Dublin for this? What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

seachto7 wrote: »
    I hear there is a surf bus going from the West to Dublin for this? What do ye think?

I call shenanigans!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gear Freak

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

seachto7 wrote: »

PMSL!!!

I wonder could you get a petition going on the west coast to get funding to have one of these built in Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

PMSL!!!

I wonder could you get a petition going on the west coast to get funding to have one of these built in Dublin....

But there's bus stops all over Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Only people who live across the road from this flowrider should be allowed to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Only people who live across the road from this flowrider should be allowed to use it.

Only short boarders too, none of those body boarders types! :pac:

Advertisement