Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weight loss/drop a dress size

• 16-06-2011 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Thinking of having a Universal Contour Wrap as I want to loose a stone within 2months, also think I maight try Cho Yung tea with this too. Obviuosly there will be swimming/walking involved too. What are my cahnces, are thes "quick fixes" or will they work? I would appreciate any feedback, wedding soon

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The wrap might help you lose an inch to get into a particular dress but it's not permanent - you just lose water and it'll come back quickly. Afaik, the tea is a gimmick.

2 months is ample time to lose a stone with healthy eating and exercise though - take a look at the stickies on the health and fitness board.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I've read about contour wraps,and it seems a lot of people find they lose a few inches, but never from the places they want to lost them from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I know someone recently who drank lots of green tea and has lost 3 stone quite quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

The Universal Contour Wrap does not make you lose weight - it tightens and firms up the skin so that you lose inches. Your weight is exactly the same before and after.

If you want to lose a stone, then I suggest you start exercising and keep track of your calories every day.
    theg81der wrote: »
    I know someone recently who drank lots of green tea and has lost 3 stone quite quick.

And I'd imagine they gained that 3 stone back straight away once they started eating like a normal person again. Drinking tea is not the key to losing weight. Exercise and eating healthy food and in the right proportions does help you lose weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I tried this a couple years ago.

I thought the wrap felt wierd (not in a good way). Lost a few inches over all - for about a day.

I suspect you would lose as much if you drank loads of water and ate no refined carbs for a day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

No tinkerbell lol she never stopped eating she just complemented healthy eating and exercise, which the Op said she was going to do anyway, with green tea and saw faster weight loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

If you want to lose weight try and cut somethings out of your diet. I gave up taking sugar in my tea, cereals etc. After a couple weeks you won't miss it. If I'm thristy, instead of reaching for a bottle coke, I'll go for water instead.

Also try and exercise as much as you can. Instead of taking the quickest route from A to B, take the longer route. Use the stairs instead of the escalator/ lift. Try and get in an extra 5 minutes here, ten minutes there.

I've being doing these things for the last 2 years and have lost 2.5 stone. It was absolutely no bother at all and I didn't feel I was depriving myself of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 the legends

Thanks for alll the advice guys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I drink green tea and it makes no difference to my weight. If you wanna lose weight, it's about creating a calorie deficit. You must burn more calories than you consume, or consume less calories than you burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

Drinking Green Tea can help boost fat burning after exercise, but for it's actual weight loss properties, you need to be drinking gallons of it.

A stone in 2 months is very, very doable the normal healthy way, cut the calories and boost the exercise. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I think you have to drink around five cups of green tea a day for the supposed weight loss and it only amounts to a very small weight loss over an extended period of time at that.

Advertisement