Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Buses

• 16-06-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Howdy all... I was just wondering does anyone know the legality of these so called party buses? all i know is that myself and my friends got one last night as we occasionally do but something happened along the way.

For those of you who haven't experienced these party buses, this one was like a small coach and they belt out the music, let people drink and smoke on-board and don't try to maintain any sort of order. Jumping and dancing and general loutish behavior is allowed. They're notorious for over crowding and they'l squeeze as many people on as they possibly can for the set rate of 5euro a head. So last night your man would have made about 125euro out of us.
    So it was an end of football season night out, just lads, so people were probably a bit rowdier than usual in fairness. We were on the bus having a bit of a sing along as expected given the circumstances and we were just arriving at harcourt street when one of the big windows just fell out!! Now the driver pulls over, the window is lying on the ground completely unbroken with no fittings hanging off which would lead me to believe that it was just sitting in the socket to begin with. We help him put it back on the bus, apologize and be on our merry way.
    Later in the evening the lad that ordered the bus gets a phone call from the driver telling him that we have to pay 250 euro for damages, shortly followed by another call from someone claiming to be the guards...at 1am ish on a Wednesday night...
    To wrap it all up your man met the driver today and paid him the money to avoid the hassle of it all. He said the driver was completely rude about it even though he was being paid and was sprouting lies about us making the female hostess on the bus cry. I feel that we've been cheated.
    I'm curious to hear other peoples thought on the subject!
    Cheers guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

To wrap it all up your man met the driver today and paid him the money to avoid the hassle of it all

Is your friend arse sore?

When the window fell out it was easier to see ye comin...

etc.

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 heisenburger

so you agree with me here in a round about way then...
    i'm pretty pissed off about it i must admit, i'l be sure to warn people about using this service again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I was on that bus too and I fell outta the window!!!!

What's yer mans mobile number and insurance details again ???

one of the big windows just fell out!!

You should be complaining on health and safety grounds.
    250 euro for damages
    proof of damage? Evidence ye did it? etc etc
    claiming to be the guards...
    Yes Garda, i would be delighted for you to call and we can sort this out in person.

sprouting lies

Maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Don't go crying to the legal system thinking you may have been involved in something illegal after volutarily becoming involved with it in the 1st place.

You obviously weren't worried before you got on the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Can we pull this thread over?

I'm not feeling too interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

why did you pay him?? should have told him to fúck off.. id even look at getting it back.

unless yous broke the window on purpose

id check if he is insured to do that party bus thing, and threaten him unless you get the money back.

name and shame imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

i know, i know... i was just interested to hear what people had to say!!

What does that mean Badger>?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Isn't it illegal to imbibe alcohol while on a public road, also the bus is the driver and hostesses workplace so it has to contravene the smoking ban.

Oh ya call the Gaurds go ahead. Jesus they saw you lot coming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Howdy all... I was just wondering does anyone know the legality of these so called party buses? all i know is that myself and my friends got one last night as we occasionally do but something happened along the way.

So on more than one occasion you've gotten a party bus and only now you're beginning to question their legal status?
    For those of you who haven't experienced these party buses, this one was like a small coach and they belt out the music, let people drink and smoke on-board and don't try to maintain any sort of order. Jumping and dancing and general loutish behavior is allowed. They're notorious for over crowding and they'l squeeze as many people on as they possibly can for the set rate of 5euro a head. So last night your man would have made about 125euro out of us.

Sounds like the jumping and loutish behaviour and loads of large windows...
    So it was an end of football season night out, just lads, so people were probably a bit rowdier than usual in fairness. We were on the bus having a bit of a sing along as expected given the circumstances and we were just arriving at harcourt street when one of the big windows just fell out!!

It just fell out? Gosh that's terrible. It didn't fall out hitting a pot-hole or going over a speed bump - just as you rowdy bunch of drunk sports fans minding your own business were using the bus!! What an unfortunate coincidence!!
    Now the driver pulls over, the window is lying on the ground completely unbroken with no fittings hanging off which would lead me to believe that it was just sitting in the socket to begin with. We help him put it back on the bus, apologize and be on our merry way.

Apologize for what?
    Later in the evening the lad that ordered the bus gets a phone call from the driver telling him that we have to pay 250 euro for damages, shortly followed by another call from someone claiming to be the guards...at 1am ish on a Wednesday night...

So?
    To wrap it all up your man met the driver today and paid him the money to avoid the hassle of it all.

This is not when you do when you feel wronged.
    He said the driver was completely rude

Oh dear me - now that's just uncalled for.
    about it even though he was being paid and was sprouting lies about us making the female hostess on the bus cry.

He even made a girl cry? A poor tender weak little sparrow of a girl?! How dare he!
    I feel that we've been cheated.
    Cheers guys!

I think you're story is full of holes and that Judge Judy would make a total fool of you if you turned up on TV3 with this load of rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I think you're story is full of holes and that Judge Judy would make a total fool of you if you turned up on TV3 with this load of rubbish.

I think AH will make a good fist of that. No need for Judge Judy.

good man chuck, maybe one day you can replace Judge Judy on TV3!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I was on one of these for a hen night. They let you walk, dance about so there are poles to hold onto (like on a normal bus), my friend was walking from one end to the other and bus was rocking about as it does so she grabs onto one of the pole as anyone would but goes flying (it was hilarious and she was fine and saw the hilarious side too) but she could have got really hurt. The pole wasnt connected at the floor, just kinda resting in position, just giving the illusion of a correctly functioning pole. Now reading this I wonder are there any sort of safety standards for these buses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Should've told the company/driver to GTFO. He/They were just trying to extort more money out of a pack of fools, and succeeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

one of the big windows just fell out!!
    It just fell out? Gosh that's terrible. It didn't fall out hitting a pot-hole or going over a speed bump - just as you rowdy bunch of drunk sports fans minding your own business were using the bus!! What an unfortunate coincidence!!

In fairness to the OP, this happened to me on a school bus when i was in secondary school.
    There were people leaning there head against it like you would on a bus and it literally just fell out.
    So its not impossible for it to happen without someone deliberately shoving it.

Besides by the sounds of it, OP and his mates had drinking to do. Why would they want to shove the window out of a bus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

greenfly wrote: »
    Why would they want to shove the window out of a bus?

Because they're clearly a bunch of uncouth football hooligans.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

So it was an end of football season night out, just lads, so people were probably a bit rowdier than usual in fairness. We were on the bus having a bit of a sing along as expected given the circumstances and we were just arriving at harcourt street when one of the big windows just fell out!! Now the driver pulls over, the window is lying on the ground completely unbroken with no fittings hanging off which would lead me to believe that it was just sitting in the socket to begin with. We help him put it back on the bus, apologize and be on our merry way.
    To wrap it all up your man met the driver today and paid him the money to avoid the hassle of it all. He said the driver was completely rude about it even though he was being paid and was sprouting lies about us making the female hostess on the bus cry. I feel that we've been cheated.
    Cheers guys!

Be careful! Doesn't The Monk have a fleet of buses/cars in Dublin?

DUNDUNDUUUUUUUUUUUUN :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Did ya not just tell him to call his insurance company, surely they'll cover it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I wouldn't be too unhappy if everyone who had the poor taste to get on one of those things fell out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Gone are the days of a good session in a field or a handball alley, now we rent busses. Haughey had it right, "We're living a way beyond our means"

temply wrote: »
    Be careful! Doesn't The Monk have a fleet of buses/cars in Dublin?

DUNDUNDUUUUUUUUUUUUN :eek:

The Dundons? I think they are from Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I wouldn't be too unhappy if everyone who had the poor taste to get on one of those things fell out the window.

How do you work that one out?

I for one am a student and these party buses are unreal. 3euro each from UCD to town, able to smoke,drink and have a dance. Serious craic as well.

Your man fleeced ye though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Bigger fools for paying the money. If the guy that hired the bus had half a brain he should have threatened to report the bus company for not providing a safe vehicle to transport you. Also you could have reported the guy for allowing smoking on the bus, it is counted as a workplace and smoking is prohibited. Also I would have asked for a quotation for the window, obtained an independent quotation myself and demanded a VAT receipt for any work carried out. I think the driver of the vehicle is responsible for ensuring that passengers wear seat belts and obviously this was not done. The bus company are looking at a string of health and safety violations here so you could have argued your case....but as they say; fools and their money are easy parted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Guill wrote: »
    The Dundons? I think they are from Limerick?

epic fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Head Melter

You get what you pay for Jackass. What do you expect for a fiver?
    These are NOT Partybuses, they are Transit Vans and glorified School Buses. The Vengabus, the name says it all , How Tacky can you get?

If you were so concerned about overcrowding why did you not get off the bus?
    The reality of this is, "Real" Partybuses would not tolerate your "Loutish Behaviour"
    The big window "Just Fell Out" , Are you for real?
    Would it not have something to do with 25 Drunken Fools acting the clown and trying to outdo each other!!!

Dont Know about you's? but any "PartyBus" I have ever been on have been a lot more than a fiver a head? You D4 GOB ****E!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

So on more than one occasion you've gotten a party bus and only now you're beginning to question their legal status?

Sounds like the jumping and loutish behaviour and loads of large windows...

Apologize for what?

So?

This is not when you do when you feel wronged.

Oh dear me - now that's just uncalled for.

He even made a girl cry? A poor tender weak little sparrow of a girl?! How dare he!

tjndc5-5b1x0rxeyd21cdkyugqo_layout.jpg

"My Grandmother always told me beauty fades but dumb is forever!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

These are NOT Partybuses, they are Transit Vans and glorified School Buses. The Vengabus, the name says it all , How Tacky can you get?

The reality of this is, "Real" Partybuses would not tolerate your "Loutish Behaviour"
    Would it not have something to do with 25 Drunken Fools acting the clown and trying to outdo each other!!!

Dont Know about you's? but any "PartyBus" I have ever been on have been a lot more than a fiver a head? You D4 GOB ****E!

A memorable post to begin and end your Boards existence, I for one shall miss you :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Don't post in this thread again. Pm me if you have any questions.

Advertisement