Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car audio letterkenny

Options
  • 16-06-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I would be able to get the keys to remove my car radio?

There used to be a place across fron heaton-buckley, where browne printers is now but I can't find out what happened to them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

kiddums wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I would be able to get the keys to remove my car radio?

There used to be a place across fron heaton-buckley, where browne printers is now but I can't find out what happened to them.

Halfords is your place to get them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Halfords is your place to get them :)
    Didn't think on halfords. Cheers Homer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I'll do it for free, but you won't get the radio back... haha

But yeah, Halfords is your place.

I'll do it for free, but you won't get the radio back... haha

But yeah, Halfords is your place.
    I don't think you'd even want to steal my radio its that crap.

How much will the keys be anyway?
    I need 2 sets, standard opel and daweoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

kiddums wrote: »
    I don't think you'd even want to steal my radio its that crap.

How much will the keys be anyway?
    I need 2 sets, standard opel and daweoo.

Depending on the age of the car / radio, they should be the same they are basically a piece of wire in a U shape with a wee snick out of the end of them to unlock the radio. What is it your looking to get done, i could do it if its only these keys ya need, i'll be in town this evening?

DIN_Keys.jpg

If your not sure what keys ect, just pop into halfords and ask them they are helpfull enough, if they don't have the keys try the a back street (as in not main dealer) mechanic and they should do the job, but if its only them keys i can do it in 2 mins for ya ;).

• Advertisement

Depending on the age of the car / radio, they should be the same they are basically a piece of wire in a U shape with a wee snick out of the end of them to unlock the radio. What is it your looking to get done, i could do it if its only these keys ya need, i'll be in town this evening?

If your not sure what keys ect, just pop into halfords and ask them they are helpfull enough, if they don't have the keys try the a back street (as in not main dealer) mechanic and they should do the job, but if its only them keys i can do it in 2 mins for ya ;).
    Thanks Homer. I'm not sure what keys I need. I won't be looking to do it till later tomorrow.
    I want to look and see if the code for my radio is on it before I disconect the battery and I'm changing the radio in the GF's car.
    I'll take a run into halfords when I'm in the town tomorrow.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

DIN_Keys.jpg

What I have done in the past is just cut up an old wire coat hanger and bend it into a u-shape, it did the job perfectly, all they are really needed for is to release a clip inside the dash so you can pull the radio out.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Don't mean to hijack this thread but its slightly along the same theme.
    Does anyone know of someone that would fit a 6 CD changer into a van cheaply?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

Don't mean to hijack this thread but its slightly along the same theme.
    Does anyone know of someone that would fit a 6 CD changer into a van cheaply?

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Oh, and while you're at it - know anyone who would get and fit an ipod adaptor kit to an Accord? The radio tuner yoke is driving me mad!

• Advertisement
Advertisement