Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Empanada lovers/recipes

Options
  • 16-06-2011 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi everyone,
    having recently returned from living in Argentina, I'm missing my empanadas (Argentinian pies, usually stuffed with minced meat/chicken, a bit like cornish pasties).
    Does anyone have a good empanada dough recipe, or even better, know where I can buy premade dough? La Saltena is the brand I used to use in Argentina, not sure if it is on sale anywhere in Ireland.
    Hay alguien de argentina por boards.ie?
    Thanks!
    Lara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

There's a very good Argentinian cafe/shop on Haddington Road in Dublin 4, right beside the 51 Bar. Definitely worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lkelly

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I've been trying to make empanadas recently but can't get the dough right.

Does anyone know where you can made pre made dough? The jus roll stuff doesn't really work. When I try to cut circular pieces, it just breaks and ruins it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Name Changed, this thread is 2 years old and by the looks of it the previous posters aren't even still active on Boards. As a general rule we don't revive threads that are more than 6 months old. Please start a new thread, I'm closing this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement